Pullmantur cancels sailings through November

They are based in Europe. I expect that some US sailings will start up first. It is an issue with ports reopening. RC have private islands they can sail to.

I expect suspension to be extended for select markets but by November I do expect some sailings to have resumed.

(Disclaimer just my honest opinion based on conversations I have had with RC)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spurschick said:

They are based in Europe. I expect that some US sailings will start up first. It is an issue with ports reopening. RC have private islands they can sail to.

I expect suspension to be extended for select markets but by November I do expect some sailings to have resumed.

(Disclaimer just my honest opinion based on conversations I have had with RC)

Agree, I always assumed Royal US Cruises would start before EU. Though been surprised last week with the talk from some EU borders/travel opening

I am not sure if the new Spanish decree for the New Normal would have anything to do with the timing of Pullmantur's decision. 

With the "New Normal" decreed by the Spanish government and approved when the Ciudadanos center-right party joined the coalition, insight was given what would be required of transportation companies after the state of emergency is lifted at the end of the month. 

The decree will be permanent until such time that the government considers the pandemic over. 

Masks will be obligatory in all indoor public spaces including workplaces, restaurants, hotels and airlines and other transport companies. Fines as much as 100 euros have been introduced. Outdoor mask usage and fines will be handled by the local regional governments around Spain. 

Transportation companies must keep records of where passengers were seated (dined - lounges) or moved for 30 days. This will allow for proper contact tracing should a confirmed virus case be found. 

It would be required for all transportation within or originating or arriving in Spain to allow for contact tracing. 

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-06-09/spanish-cabinet-approves-decree-for-new-normality-after-coronavirus-state-of-alarm-ends.html

• Like 3

I've been a past passenger on several cruises with Pullmantur.  However, please DO NOT BOOK any trips with them at this time.  I had a transatlantic fully paid for and 2 B2B from Lisbon to Norway, and Trieste to Athens.  All were canceled due to CV19.  Pullmantur refuses to refund all deposits and paid in full cruises, offering ONLY FCC till Sept. 2021.  I have no plans to be in Europe in 2021 and they refuse categorically to refund any of these 5 cruises.  It is doubtful that they will survive 2020 let alone 2021.  So DO NOT book anything unless you don't mind getting stiffed.  Its a shame because I truly enjoyed my 7 past trips with them and forged some wonder friendships still strong after 3yrs.  The active crew is being re-contracted to Celebrity and I understand that the leased ships are going back to Royal Caribbean.

I got a letter today of all cancellations until 15Nov20 offering only FCC.  I also have crew member friends and seen internal memos to active crew regarding the re-contracting to Celebrity.  The Horizon is heading to Mumbai as we speak.  As of today, Pullmantur has not made this public nor does their website indicate cancellation notice.  You can track all ships on www.marinetraffic.com  All ships are being berthed until further notice.

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2020 at 6:45 PM, MADflyer said:

I am not sure if the new Spanish decree for the New Normal would have anything to do with the timing of Pullmantur's decision. 

With the "New Normal" decreed by the Spanish government and approved when the Ciudadanos center-right party joined the coalition, insight was given what would be required of transportation companies after the state of emergency is lifted at the end of the month. 

The decree will be permanent until such time that the government considers the pandemic over. 

Masks will be obligatory in all indoor public spaces including workplaces, restaurants, hotels and airlines and other transport companies. Fines as much as 100 euros have been introduced. Outdoor mask usage and fines will be handled by the local regional governments around Spain. 

Transportation companies must keep records of where passengers were seated (dined - lounges) or moved for 30 days. This will allow for proper contact tracing should a confirmed virus case be found. 

It would be required for all transportation within or originating or arriving in Spain to allow for contact tracing. 

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-06-09/spanish-cabinet-approves-decree-for-new-normality-after-coronavirus-state-of-alarm-ends.html

Thanks for sharing this.  It is great to get some information that actually speaks to the situation and gives an idea that we will probably not be cruising (from the US anyway) till late 2020 or early 2021.  We all want things to be back as they were but this seems like that will take longer than most of us want to wait.