Enchanted - Sea Trials (Panzano, Italy)

need2cruisesoon

53 minutes ago, flyboy88 said:

Speaking with someone in the know, most of the entertainment crew (performers, cruise staff) have been informed that as of now they will not be heading to the ship until end of January/early Feb. Granted things can and will continue to change, however this information is as of this week.   
As others have mentioned, I don't have much hope that the Enchanted Princess will see the Caribbean this winter. Caribbean and Sky Princess are doing Caribbean, not sure if it makes much sense to bring her across the TA to only sail for approx. 2 months.    

If they decide not to bring her over to the Caribbean this season, I hope rather than just cancel the voyages that they will offer to move those of us booked to another ship.

Appreciate the update as we are scheduled for the TA.  I appreciate you passing along anything you hear.  Thank you.

Thanks for the update.  With cruises cancelled to Dec 15 and the Enchanted not being delivered until Sept 30 so who’s what will happen.  I have a March 2021 booked with final payment in January.

If they don't have any intention of sailing the EP until end of Jan/early Feb, then they need to stop booking and start letting affected persons know, so they can reschedule or request refunds

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, flyboy88 said:

......, not sure if it makes much sense to bring her across the TA to only sail for approx. 2 months.    

If they decide not to bring her over to the Caribbean this season, I hope rather than just cancel the voyages that they will offer to move those of us booked to another ship.

If she did come across the pond, it would not be approx 2 months.  Approximately 2 months is 8 sailings, she is currently  set for 15 sailings from December 19 through March 27.

Have zero interest in being moved to another ship.  I booked the Enchanted because it was the newest that Princess had to offer.  Would love to possibly shift it to Jan of 2022, but at this point we have a sailing booked on the Celebrity  Apex.

1 hour ago, BTfan said:

If they don't have any intention of sailing the EP until end of Jan/early Feb, then they need to stop booking and start letting affected persons know, so they can reschedule or request refunds

The problem though with rescheduling is that the Enchanted is sailing in Europe during the summer and when she returns for the 21/22 winter season it looks like 10 day sailings instead of 7 day.  A 125% FCC won't make up for the increase and more importantly getting the extra 3 days off from work will be impossible.   A very frustrating pill to swallow especially after having 2 cancelled this summer.

12 hours ago, BTfan said:

Yes totally agree. Have now had 3 cancelled cruises. I have transatlantic flights from Ireland booked separately for an Enchanted sailing in early March 2021. It would be our first Princess experience. If Princess know now that Enchanted is definitely not going to be in the Caribbean in March 2021,  I'd rather they tell us soon. At least that would give me an opportuniy to get on another Princess ship in Caribbean around the same time.

1 hour ago, Radams503 said:

I agree, I am booked in late March.  I would like to know what is happening, I live in Oregon and need to book airfare due to being spring break in Florida. 

Look into booking Flexible air (EzAir) through Princess, under Travel on your Personalizer.  You don’t pay until final payment, if for some reason your cruises doesn’t go you have not lost anything.  You can watch the price and if it goes down, you can modify it up to 45 days of your cruise with no penalty.

5 hours ago, phabric said:

Look into booking Flexible air (EzAir) through Princess, under Travel on your Personalizer.  You don’t pay until final payment, if for some reason your cruises doesn’t go you have not lost anything.  You can watch the price and if it goes down, you can modify it up to 45 days of your cruise with no penalty.

Agree. These days EZAir is the best option even if the price is a little higher than you might find on your own. No penalty at all if Princess cancels the cruise.

EZAir does not cover all airlines (no Southwest for example) and may not have as many non-stops in its inventory.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Agree. These days EZAir is the best option even if the price is a little higher than you might find on your own. No penalty at all if Princess cancels the cruise.

EZAir does not cover all airlines (no Southwest for example) and may not have as many non-stops in its inventory.

I book EzAir, I watch the price when it comes to final payment,  I check the airline price, if cheaper I cancel EzAir and book with the airline.

• 1 month later...

Still no real indication that the Enchanted Princess will not arrive in Port Everglades for a December itinerary.  We are booked for her January 9th voyage in replacement for her November inaugural voyage that was cancelled.

I guess we won't know for certain if she will do a winter season in the Caribbean by the end of October when she will be staffing up and charting a course for PE for December sailings.  Until then, we are staying the course and keeping options open for alternate bookings in early January if necessary.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 9:35 AM, Roberto256 said:

Unless the photographer was trying to evoke memories of the costa concordia, I think that is a pretty unflattering angle.

Don't think a photographer was holding it. Looks like a frame grab from a drone video.

On 9/14/2020 at 7:52 AM, Grego said:

Still no real indication that the Enchanted Princess will not arrive in Port Everglades for a December itinerary.  We are booked for her January 9th voyage in replacement for her November inaugural voyage that was cancelled.

I guess we won't know for certain if she will do a winter season in the Caribbean by the end of October when she will be staffing up and charting a course for PE for December sailings.  Until then, we are staying the course and keeping options open for alternate bookings in early January if necessary.

Fingers are crossed.  We sail January 2nd.  If not I'll keep my airfare to FLL and find a house for the week.