Carnival to Dump Six Ships

besberry

Sadly Oceana will leave P&O Cruises this month. We will miss Oceana but our focus will be on our remaining ships as well as Iona and then her sister ship. We are so sorry for the disappointment to those who have a holiday booked on Oceana and hope we can offer an alternative.

• Like 2

We are so sorry to disappoint our guests who were booked on Oceana and we are pleased to offer a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC). There’s no need to contact us; once processed, your FCC will be automatically applied against each individual on the booking.

If the FCC does not meet your needs and you'd like to request a refund, please visit our website,

2 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

We are so sorry to disappoint our guests who were booked on Oceana and we are pleased to offer a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC). There’s no need to contact us; once processed, your FCC will be automatically applied against each individual on the booking.

If the FCC does not meet your needs and you'd like to request a refund, please visit our website,

Start the clock for the refunds

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

Start the clock for the refunds

Little chance of 60 days now for Oceana passengers, sorry for thread creep but I'm on Day 114.

Confirmed no compensation / sweetener OBC either.  The difference being with Oriana and her more advanced planned departure from the fleet??

9 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Sadly Oceana will leave P&O Cruises this month. We will miss Oceana but our focus will be on our remaining ships as well as Iona and then her sister ship. We are so sorry for the disappointment to those who have a holiday booked on Oceana and hope we can offer an alternative.

Is Oceana heading to Greece - do we know that / can we say?

Very sad about Oceana going, had some great cruises on her. For us, it is a good result as we did not want to go on our November cruise on her after reading the EU guidelines document, but also sympathise with anyone who wanted to cruise the Arabian Gulf this year.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Very sad about Oceana going, had some great cruises on her. For us, it is a good result as we did not want to go on our November cruise on her after reading the EU guidelines document, but also sympathise with anyone who wanted to cruise the Arabian Gulf this year.

Best advice would be not to wait for P&O to apply the 125% FCC to your account if you would like to rebook on an alternative sailing - when you feel cruising will be more practical.

If you opt for a refund, from painful experience, screenshot your form, and get a chargeback request in quickly; or you will be out of pocket for a while.

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

As a matter of interest, does anyone think that P&O will actually run any cruises in the ME this winter?

From reading in between the lines, that's what the investor call will be discussing on Friday (do they want to try?).  

Personally, I think that ME cruises will not be part of an initial restart protocol because of the unfolding impact of the virus in that part of the world and being frank - beyond some of the richer Gulf states, the fragility of health systems.  The security situation will also come in to it.  The question is Summer 2021 and managing any delays to Gala 2.

Just thinking about the passengers and crew, it would be great for this option to be open, safety provisions etc etc.

3 minutes ago, Captain_Morgan said:

I think that's about as likely as the industry resuming full service next week...

That was my thought as well. There has been discussion about moving a Princess ship to the ME as a substitute,  but I can't see the point of disrupting another ship's schedule.

Very sad for all the pax booked on her and also the crew. Whilst she was the least favourite of the 3 ships I would sail on, she certainly has had a reputation of having one of the happiest crews.

• Like 1

When they got shot of Adonia and Oriana I don't recall anything being put in place to substitute the cancelled cruises.  Even less reason to do so in the current situation.  Bit different to when Oceana's 19/20 Arabian Gulf season was cut and something was put in place.

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

That was my thought as well. There has been discussion about moving a Princess ship to the ME as a substitute,  but I can't see the point of disrupting another ship's schedule.

Of course my comment was tongue in cheek, but when you consider the fact that October resumption was the last 'plan' and is subject to change I can't see things improving enough by then to allow for a full ME season to happen under the current fly-cruising model.  Sure there's a chance they borrow a Princess ship to offset the shortfall but as I said before it would require a dry dock to, at the very least change the paint scheme and thats not something that is arranged in short order.

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

As a matter of interest, does anyone think that P&O will actually run any cruises in the ME this winter?

Transferring one of the other ships to the Gulf will double the number of cancellations P&O will have to contend with,therefore I think it is highly unlikely.

Just now, Britboys said:

Very sad for all the pax booked on her and also the crew. Whilst she was the least favourite of the 3 ships I would sail on, she certainly has had a reputation of having one of the happiest crews.

Andrew, 

Your  information source was impeccable, thank you for sharing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Best advice would be not to wait for P&O to apply the 125% FCC to your account if you would like to rebook on an alternative sailing - when you feel cruising will be more practical.

If you opt for a refund, from painful experience, screenshot your form, and get a chargeback request in quickly; or you will be out of pocket for a while.

Thanks, we only have a small deposit at stake which we will let go to FCC then use towards a  2022 when they are available.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Whilst I am sorry for all those disappointed at their cancelled cruises, I personally hope not. I'm not at all sorry at the loss of business for all those countries/states with very poor, draconian attitudes toward equality and diversity.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Thanks Molecrochip for all your excellent information over the last few days, much appreciated

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1