$600 obc question

Terab85

We're waiting for our August cruise to be officially cancelled.  We already have a back up cruise for Sept 2021 which is only 6 days.  Someone mentioned it had to be 7 days?  Does anyone remember what Carnival was offering for the obc?

1 hour ago, Terab85 said:

We're waiting for our August cruise to be officially cancelled.  We already have a back up cruise for Sept 2021 which is only 6 days.  Someone mentioned it had to be 7 days?  Does anyone remember what Carnival was offering for the obc?

They have an update about the cancellations for August and September coming out Monday. Watch carefully for refund rules and any FCC or OBC. I suspect those are going to change.

This is from the last round of cancellations:

Guests affected will have the option of 100% refund or 100% future cruise credit + OBC (based on length of cruise) and can use on sailings through 12/31/22. The offers supersede any previous offers received.

• Carnival will honor the offer for any guests who were booked on these voyages and canceled their booking on or after March 6, 2020.
  • Guests who choose to receive a FCC will get the following based on the length of their cruise:
    • 5 Days or less: 100% FCC, $300 OBC per stateroom
    • 6+ Days: 100% FCC, $600 OBC per stateroom
  • Please note that whichever option that is selected will apply to all guests in the reservation.
  • Given how fluid the situation is, we have extended this offer until December 31, 2020 to make a selection.
  • After that, they will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit*

I’m going to piggyback here.

Does anyone know if you can split up a FCC? My TA told me if I have a $1,300 FCC and existing cruises which I owe 1,100 and 600 that I could put 1,100 on one and 200 on the other. Sounds a little fishy to me and I don’t want him applying the 1,100 then I lose the other 200.

Edited by Saint Greg

9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Does anyone know if you can split up a FCC? My TA told me if I have a $1,300 FCC and existing cruises which I owe 1,100 and 600 that I could put 1,100 on one and 200 on the other. Sounds a little fishy to me and I don’t want him applying the 1,100 then I lose the other 200.

Maybe the policy has changed. Last I heard if you have a fcc for more than you owed it was converted to obc. Obc had a limit, forget what, but if you took 2k fcc and owe $200, all wasnt applied, so I'd make sure of the max allowed to be applied per booking before I did it.

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I have an October 2020 cruise booked from an FCC from a May 2020 cancellation. I also had FCC from a cancelled April 2020 cruise. I booked with fcc from april cruise, May, August and now September 2020. When the August cruise was cancelled, I asked carnival.com if I could use the FCC to upgrade my room on my October 2020 cruise. They would not allow me to do so. They said FCC had to be used for a new booking only. Now this was May so things may have changed.  

Edited by jean87510
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Guests affected will have the option of 100% refund or 100% future cruise credit + OBC (based on length of cruise) and can use on sailings through 12/31/22. The offers supersede any previous offers received.

• Carnival will honor the offer for any guests who were booked on these voyages and canceled their booking on or after March 6, 2020.
  • Guests who choose to receive a FCC will get the following based on the length of their cruise:
  • Please note that whichever option that is selected will apply to all guests in the reservation.
  • Given how fluid the situation is, we have extended this offer until December 31, 2020 to make a selection.

Thanks for the info!!  Someone on our social media group said about the 6+ days being $600.  It definitely determines  what we will re-book.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe the policy has changed. Last I heard if you have a fcc for more than you owed it was converted to obc. Obc had a limit, forget what, but if you took 2k fcc and owe $200, all wasnt applied, so I'd make sure of the max allowed to be applied per booking before I did it.

When we rebooked our May cruise for our August one, there was a slight savings which we ended up getting back as a credit on our credit card.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Our 5 day March cruise was canceled 

We rebooked a 7 day for August.  We got 300 OBC.   We also got 200 OBC for putting the additional cost on our Carnival MC. (They were having a promotion) Now our August cruise is about to be canceled. I wondering how this is going to work for FCC.  I'm guessing we're  going to lose the 200 MC OBC.   I'm hoping they will continue the above policy so technically we'll still have a 600 OBC to carry over.  I guess we'll have to wait til Monday for answers .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terab85 said:

Thanks for the info!!  Someone on our social media group said about the 6+ days being $600.  It definitely determines  what we will re-book.

I thought the OBC was based on not what you were booking to, but what you were coming from? So if you had a 6 day booked, you would only get $300 OBC, even if you rebooked a 7 day.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, iamsteph said:

I thought the OBC was based on not what you were booking to, but what you were coming from? So if you had a 6 day booked, you would only get $300 OBC, even if you rebooked a 7 day.

That's right.  We went from a 5 day to a 7 day and we got 300.  Now our 7 day is most likely going to get canceled.  We are hoping for 600 FCC for rebooking yet again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We rebooked a 7 day for August.  We got 300 OBC.   We also got 200 OBC for putting the additional cost on our Carnival MC. (They were having a promotion) Now our August cruise is about to be canceled. I wondering how this is going to work for FCC.  I'm guessing we're  going to lose the 200 MC OBC.   I'm hoping they will continue the above policy so technically we'll still have a 600 OBC to carry over.  I guess we'll have to wait til Monday for answers .

Hmmm, I would have thought you got $600 obc for rebooking a 7 day

The 200 from mc should transfer over, but I'm puzzled why only $300 for a 7 day

55 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

That's right.  We went from a 5 day to a 7 day and we got 300.  Now our 7 day is most likely going to get canceled.  We are hoping for 600 FCC for rebooking yet again.

Well then I might just ask for a refund, as my cancelled cruise is a 5 day. 

I'm getting worried about having too much money and fcc to use up if they keep cancelling.

41 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Hmmm, I would have thought you got $600 obc for rebooking a 7 day

The 200 from mc should transfer over, but I'm puzzled why only $300 for a 7 day

Only 300 transferred  from our canceled 5 day in march to our rebooked 7 day in August which will be canceled.  Even if we lose the 200 MC promo, we should be 100 to the good, 600, 800 if they honor the 200 MC promo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

OBC limit was $500 from FCC

4 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

You will not carry over the $300 obc from the cancellation. You will get a new $600 OBC. Please make sure you have the #'s and emails for the MC obc as we had $150 that my husband applied and we never took screen shots and he lost/deleted the email confirming.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Terab85 said:

I had an 8 day cruise canceled....I booked a 6 day cruise and was able to apply the $600 OBC to the new one.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

You will not carry over the $300 obc from the cancellation. You will get a new $600 OBC. Please make sure you have the #'s and emails for the MC obc as we had $150 that my husband applied and we never took screen shots and he lost/deleted the email confirming.

I didn't expect the 300. Thanks for the advice !

Just got my first CCL cancellation. We had booked using a Players Club offer that included some significant incentives (dirt cheap fares/free drinks while gambling/more OBC/etc). I understand that the future cruise credit with the $600 OBC option wipes out anything that was included with the previous offer.

As I look at rates available today for similar future cruises, they would be much more expensive and not nearly as good of an overall deal than what we had booked (even considering the $600OBC).

So my question - is possible to wait for future offers that include better rates/incentives and apply this FCC/$600OBC cancellation option to a new booking that will include the new offer incentives as well? If not, we're probably just better off taking the refund now and moving on. I know there's no guarantee of great offers in the future, but would be willing to wait and see...

Any insight would be much appreciated.