Pullmantur Files for Reorganization - the 1st to go ?

Lido - Lanai

6 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

"Reorganization" is not "going". It is simply slowing down the bill due process, to give them time to get it together. Unless foreign laws are different.

Since they chose to file in Spain it is a liquidation and a quick one. Spains bankruptcy laws are not all that friendly to debtors seeking reorganization.

RCL has already written off there investment in Pullmantour in their 1st quarter filings.

RCL is offering FCC's but not refunds to booked passengers.

I was on the last trip of a ship being sold on for continued use.  One of the many tasks being done was to remove electronic/computer/software equipment which was licenced but not owned. That would include licenced navigation & communication equipment as well as administrative and entertainment equipment.  Corporate branded materials (china, linen, uniforms), shop stock, stores, bar stock and artwork would also be removed.

Bill

4 hours ago, Mandalay1903 said:

Here's an posting that adds a little more color around the question.  Apparently, they may be "reorganizing" some of the equipment onboard as well.

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2020/06/articles/disease/is-pullmantur-cruises-ending-operations/

I read the link.

2 hours ago, Two4Sea said:

I was on the last trip of a ship being sold on for continued use.  One of the many tasks being done was to remove electronic/computer/software equipment which was licenced but not owned. That would include licenced navigation & communication equipment as well as administrative and entertainment equipment.  Corporate branded materials (china, linen, uniforms), shop stock, stores, bar stock and artwork would also be removed.

Bill

From what I read in the link, there is a more thorough attempt to salvage material from the ships than what would otherwise be needed if the ships were not believed by the Company to be headed to Alang.  

This is a bit personal for me, as I have been working in the past  as a Captain, instructor and auditor on BRM /CRM for Pullmantur/ Wamos.

It seems that Springwater Capital, which is the majority shareholder , is in stormy water, with Wamos Air, the Airline branch of Pullmantur on the verge of bankruptcy, relying heavily on both Hajj flights ( cancelled this year) and cruise ship passenger flights.

Great cruise line, virtually unknown in the US but All Inclusive, good enterntainment and decent European food. ( and high operational standards 😉).

It is a shame.  Pullmantur has been on our to do list for some time.  On our last two Sept/Oct trips  to Europe we have shopped specifically for a Pullmantur cruise.  They were recommended to us by several people as being different and very good.

10 hours ago, Despegue said:

This is a bit personal for me, as I have been working in the past  as a Captain, instructor and auditor on BRM /CRM for Pullmantur/ Wamos.

It seems that Springwater Capital, which is the majority shareholder , is in stormy water, with Wamos Air, the Airline branch of Pullmantur on the verge of bankruptcy, relying heavily on both Hajj flights ( cancelled this year) and cruise ship passenger flights.

Great cruise line, virtually unknown in the US but All Inclusive, good enterntainment and decent European food. ( and high operational standards 😉).

Yes Sir however, never having operated "new" ships, always "second hand roses" from RCI, Celebrity and the former Renaissance Cruise Line. Even operated the former Princess "Love boat" (Sea Venture) at one time

Pullmantur Cruises (Spain - Subsidiary of RCI) - Pacific (scrapped Aliaga, Turkey 2012).jpg

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Despegue said:

I appreciate your feelings and I am feel sorry for what you feel.

My impression of Pullmantur was that the Company began as a Spanish oriented cruise line just as Spain entered an economic meltdown.  The expected Spanish guests didn't have the resources to book.  The attempts to enter the Latin America market were somewhat successful, but Pullmantur had to compete with more established cruise lines, i.e. Costa and MSC.  

If my impression is incorrect, I would appreciate a correction.  

8 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I appreciate your feelings and I am feel sorry for what you feel.

My impression of Pullmantur was that the Company began as a Spanish oriented cruise line just as Spain entered an economic meltdown.  The expected Spanish guests didn't have the resources to book.  The attempts to enter the Latin America market were somewhat successful, but Pullmantur had to compete with more established cruise lines, i.e. Costa and MSC.  

If my impression is incorrect, I would appreciate a correction.  

I think you are quite correct...

The Spanish have a somewhat smaller cruising tradition compared to the Italians, and when cruising, seem happy to sail MSC and Costa.

Still, the  soft goods onboard experience on Pullmantur was of a different class, with very good food and free flowing drinks.

• Like 1