L&S .. Have I got this right?

Before I spend hours on the phone I wonder if you could help me. 

Our August 2020 has obviously been cancelled, and yesterday we got the official email.

I was going to cancel and get the money back, but noticed an offer of Lift & Shift. 

We got a great price this year as we booked during the pandemic as a gamble, our cabins for the 2 weeks came to £6400  , the exact same 2 week cruise next year for the same cabins and people is  £13,500 !!    (summer holidays)

From what I can read , it looks like we can move to this sailing for the same price we paid of £6400?

I guess it seems to good to be true , so rather than wait on hold for hours to find out I thought you knowedlegable people who usually know more than the call centre staff might be able to help.  

Because if this isn't the case its easier just to apply for the refund online, but with the lift and shift I need to call them I think 

2 minutes ago, soremekun said:

What is the departure port and itinerary?

not sure if this will work anyway.

the original is Anthem out of southampton 16th August 14 nights italian Med 

the only one that is the same length (14 days in July or Aug 2021) is a 14 Night Med beaches.  Its very similar to the original but a few ports are different   --  reading the email again it seems the itinerary has to to be the same, the problem is that there isn't a matching itinerary ?

I am on the line now, looks positive so far. 

I tried the online, but couldn't select cabins and we have connected so didn't want to lose them.  the other issue seems to be that RCI have recategorised the connected cabins, so technically we are moving to a different category! 

Got through in 15 mins, but now been on hold a while why he tries to sort it..

fingers crossed its looking good so far!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

There is a link on their website where you enter your info and it shows available sailings to switch to.  Here is the US one.

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.89815195.1693968716.1592851318-1889377730.1587467497&fbclid=IwAR3kWLjjIEjJ1KvAeiKvNIwqOuBCY5ZfWdbBcAvEz-CKixUPAMk_0he2FC0

Once you put in your name and info and select an option and begine request are you locked in continuing the request or can you back out at the end if you don't like the  ship & sailings option they give you? Want to see just what sailings they would say the switch is good for?

Just now, Jimbo said:

Once you put in your name and info and select an option and begine request are you locked in continuing the request or can you back out at the end if you don't like the  ship & sailings option they give you? Want to see just what sailings they would say the switch is good for?

You can back out until you hit the final submit button 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can back out until you hit the final submit button 

The system worked pretty well, It knew I had already Lifted and Shifted that reservation # once already and didn't allow for me to Lift and Shift again.

9 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

Where do you find the link for L & S on the Royal website? The link in this thread gives me an error message. 

Thanks 

Donna

I just went to the site. Had no problem.  Link in this thread worked fine.  Maybe try again

Edited by retiredgram

32 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

Where do you find the link for L & S on the Royal website? The link in this thread gives me an error message. 

Thanks 

Donna

I'd like to know where to find the link too. I'd like to look. 

Says bad connection when I click on the link.

I'm booked jan 3rd and already one of my ports says it will not be open. Want to keep it, just would like to see if there are options. Would be nice if they extended the august 1st date

Just now, firefly333 said:

I'd like to know where to find the link too. I'd like to look. 

Says bad connection when I click on the link.

I'm booked jan 3rd and already one of my ports says it will not be open. Want to keep it, just would like to see if there are options. Would be nice if they extended the august 1st date

You can find the link on their website.  They both just worked for me (the ones in this thread) strange 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Will they allow you to enter one of your reservations that you made through your TA?

Just tried  yes it will.  Then like Jimbo I entered one that my great TA already shifted and got the message that it had already been shifted

Edited by molly361

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You can find the link on their website.  They both just worked for me (the ones in this thread) strange 

Could you give us a hint. I see cancel your cruise, redeem your future credit, book .. dont see any place saying lift and shift. Tried signing in, dont see it when I sign into my booking.

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Just tried  yes it will.  Then like Jimbo I entered one that my great TA already shifted and got the message that it had already been shifted

Interesting.  I wonder what would happen if you actually clicked submit.  Would it go through or be rejected, I know now I do not get confirmation e mails with every shift that I have done. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Both gave me error. Maybe too many are trying it?

Let's Get Started!

Looking for flexibility in your plans? We get it. Whether you were on a sailing that has been cancelled, are already booked on a future sailing, or are thinking about making a new booking, Royal Caribbean International has implemented several programs to help you Cruise With Confidence.

Review the various options below, and choose the program that provides the flexibility you're looking for.

Cruise With Confidence
Cruise With Confidence

Cruise With Confidence

Cancel any cruise (booked by August 1, 2020) that sets sail from now through April 30, 2022 and you're covered. Cancel at least 48 hours before the sail date and you will receive a Future Cruise Credit that can be used on any cruise through December 31, 2021 or 12 months from your cancellation date - whichever is further.

Select Program

Cruise Suspension
Cruise Suspension

Cruise Suspension

If you are on a sailing impacted by our cruise suspension you will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit. If you wish to decline this higher value FCC and receive a lower value 100% refund of the cruise fare, please select this program option.

Select Program

Lift and Shift
Lift and Shift

Lift and Shift

If you simply wish to move your existing booking to an alternate sail date in the following year, we're happy to protect the original pricing and/or promotion if the alternate sailing is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category. The alternate sailing needs to be dated within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date, but for the following year.

Select Program

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Could you give us a hint. I see cancel your cruise, redeem your future credit, book .. dont see any place saying lift and shift. Tried signing in, dont see it when I sign into my booking.

Try this link  halfway down the page it a place to click that says CANCEL MY Cruise-  that should take you to the screen with the 3 options  If the link doesn't work it's on their website under Cruise with Confidence

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence

Edited by molly361