L&S .. Have I got this right?

On 6/24/2020 at 4:36 AM, Peewee14 said:

I am on the line now, looks positive so far. 

I tried the online, but couldn't select cabins and we have connected so didn't want to lose them.  the other issue seems to be that RCI have recategorised the connected cabins, so technically we are moving to a different category! 

Got through in 15 mins, but now been on hold a while why he tries to sort it..

fingers crossed its looking good so far!

Great that it worked for you. 😊

Can I ask how they handled the different category for connecting rooms? We'll have the same scenario if we move ours. 

I requested a L&S last Wednesday online.  I never heard back from Royal, but I just went into website and the requested change is showing up in my personalizer, so it went through.

FYI - I changed  Oasis, (November 2020, Eastern Caribbean, departing FLL) to Oasis, (November 2021, Western Caribbean, departing Miami), so at least for me they allowed an itinerary and departure port change. I also had a guarantee for 2020 and have already been assigned a cabin for 2021.

I have a NR deposit, so I'm relieved I no longer have to think about this and make a decision about final payment that was due in August.

If things get better and we have a vaccine by next year I will be thrilled to book another cruise, but for now I'm on hold.

Edited by mek

On 6/27/2020 at 12:10 AM, LuCruise said:

Great that it worked for you. 😊

Can I ask how they handled the different category for connecting rooms? We'll have the same scenario if we move ours. 

The Man on the phone was great ,  at first he couldn't figure out why there was no cabins to move us to that connected (he was looking under the original category)  I explained it might be because the connecting rooms had been recategorised and then he realised they had and found us some.. was really easy .  I was only waiting 5 mins for them to pick up the phone so I would recommend calling them. 

4 hours ago, Peewee14 said:

The Man on the phone was great ,  at first he couldn't figure out why there was no cabins to move us to that connected (he was looking under the original category)  I explained it might be because the connecting rooms had been recategorised and then he realised they had and found us some.. was really easy .  I was only waiting 5 mins for them to pick up the phone so I would recommend calling them. 

Thanks.  It looks like the category code changes e.g. 4D to CB so that must have confused them. Glad it worked out and wasn't an issue since not the "same" category. Our cruise isn't cancelled yet but I have doubts it will go ahead based on how things are now so will most likely call.

9 hours ago, mek said:

I requested a L&S last Wednesday online.  I never heard back from Royal, but I just went into website and the requested change is showing up in my personalizer, so it went through.

FYI - I changed  Oasis, (November 2020, Eastern Caribbean, departing FLL) to Oasis, (November 2021, Western Caribbean, departing Miami), so at least for me they allowed an itinerary and departure port change. I also had a guarantee for 2020 and have already been assigned a cabin for 2021.

I have a NR deposit, so I'm relieved I no longer have to think about this and make a decision about final payment that was due in August.

If things get better and we have a vaccine by next year I will be thrilled to book another cruise, but for now I'm on hold.

Also wanted to add -  my original booking was with a TA, not directly with Royal, and the online request was still processed.

1 hour ago, mek said:

Also wanted to add -  my original booking was with a TA, not directly with Royal, and the online request was still processed.

Good info, thanks for reporting that. Wonder if the new booking is still listed with the TA, Probably should be since you have same reservation #. 

Edited by Jimbo

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Good info, thanks for reporting that. Wonder if the new booking is still listed with the TA, Probably should be since you have same reservation #. 

I don't know - I need to contact them on Monday to check and  transfer my 3rd party insurance over to the new sail date.

Edited by mek

13 hours ago, mek said:

Did you select just one cruise to change to?   Did you have the option to select multiple sailings to change to?   I don’t see where anyone else mentioned it, but we did. 

We're booked on a December 2020 Jewel sailing out of Galveston. It's very rare in that it's an eleven day trip. I'm beginning to wonder if it will sail at all.  L&S is all fine and dandy but there's absolutely nothing similar offered for December 2021.

37 minutes ago, atgood said:

Did you select just one cruise to change to?   Did you have the option to select multiple sailings to change to?   I don’t see where anyone else mentioned it, but we did. 

The sailings that were available to me were listed - I believe there were 6 and I could chose up to 3.  I only selected 2 and my first choice was the one I got.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pspercy said:

We're booked on a December 2020 Jewel sailing out of Galveston. It's very rare in that it's an eleven day trip. I'm beginning to wonder if it will sail at all.  L&S is all fine and dandy but there's absolutely nothing similar offered for December 2021.

Have you used the online link to see what they might offer you?  Once you enter your booking #, options will pop up.  I would try that first.

44 minutes ago, mek said:

The sailings that were available to me were listed - I believe there were 6 and I could chose up to 3.  I only selected 2 and my first choice was the one I got.

We did the online request on Wednesday also, but haven’t seen where our sailing was changed as of this morning.  Our TA received notification of our L&S submission right away, but we didn’t receive anything other than the notification box after the submission. 

We have a guarantee type room and the two sailings we picked were not advertising guarantee type cabins so maybe our request will need additional review. 

1 hour ago, pspercy said:

Nothing out of Galveston bit there are 11 day sailings on Vision out of FLL that should be eligible. 

28 minutes ago, atgood said:

We did the online request on Wednesday also, but haven’t seen where our sailing was changed as of this morning.  Our TA received notification of our L&S submission right away, but we didn’t receive anything other than the notification box after the submission. 

We have a guarantee type room and the two sailings we picked were not advertising guarantee type cabins so maybe our request will need additional review. 

I have found that if it is straightforward and there is nothing unusual the on line lift and shifts have come back the next day.  If there is anything unusual, like guarantee rooms, FCC’s applied, multiple rooms or categories not matching it gets kicked out for manual review and takes around 5-7 days.  

• Thanks 1

I've been following the various Lift and Shift threads.  I did a few back in May when the program started but I see there have been some tweaks to eligible ships.  On the list of approved moves, is Royal allowing L&S from Galveston Caribbean to either Miami or Fort Lauderdale ports?

Thank you 

7 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

I've been following the various Lift and Shift threads.  I did a few back in May when the program started but I see there have been some tweaks to eligible ships.  On the list of approved moves, is Royal allowing L&S from Galveston Caribbean to either Miami or Fort Lauderdale ports?

Thank you 

If you have an eligible reservation, use the online form to enter your request for shift and view what options are offered.

1 hour ago, crusinthrough said:

Thank you 

Yes, I have shifted a Jewel cruise out of Galveston to a Harmony out of Port Canaveral. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nonnie&dgd said:

I did a lift and shift to the same ship, itinerary and same stateroom. My invoice shows an increase of $56 in taxes. I thought your total cruise price was protected. Am I wrong? Please help.

Port fees and taxes are not price protected.  Mine went up as well.  

Edited by molly361