REFUND!!!!! YAY

11 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

Looked at my  bank/ cc accounts this morning and there was a credit from NCL!!!! 

I was shocked actually hahah. Kept looking and looking at it

. Was from a April cruise that I had cancelled in March. 

Great that you got it.  I received my first refund a couple weeks ago and will file for my 2nd one in July.

• Like 1

Got mine back also...filed on 4/13 for trip on Jewel 4/17. Also checked my Latitude points wondering if they would take the points allotted for the cancelled trip away when they processed the refund, but they are still there. Don’t know if I will ever need them again the rate that we are going .

Got mine yesterday!!  My cancelled cruise was in April also; TA ending in Rome/Civitivecchia.  I got an email from NCL the day before stating the refund should hit my account in a day or so.  Lucked out on the return airfare as AA cancelled the flight & Priceline gave me a refund.  So the only money I lost was the hotel at the airport.  That should have been covered by my travel insurance with Allianz through Priceline but Allianz weaseled out of it saying they alerted travelers to COVID-19 back in late December 2019.

We'll cruise again...just not sure when.  It'll also be a long, cold day in you-know-where before I buy ANYTHING from Allianz.  Wrote a letter to their CEO saying so...not that it got me anything...

Edited by tomk3212

I'm hoping my refund is now truly "in the pipeline"!  I just checked my NCL account and the FCC allowances are now gone.  Others have said that this is generally what happens when they actually start to process a given refund.  Holding my breath!

4 hours ago, tomk3212 said:

We'll cruise again...just not sure when.  It'll also be a long, cold day in you-know-where before I buy ANYTHING from Allianz.  Wrote a letter to their CEO saying so...not that it got me anything...

Then you might have a lot of problems finding an insurance company-  as it was an exclusion for many companies.     

It sounds like if all you’re out is a hotel,  New York?   Hope you enjoyed the city at least.    

@Budget Queen Yup!  All we lost was $$ we spent on the hotel reservation.  Unfortunately the hotel we were going to stay at (2 nights) was by the airport near Rome in Italy at the conclusion of our trip.

And re: Allianz & the other travel insurance carriers I understand completely that they're in the business of making $$ and they DON'T make money paying out claims.  However they should be MUCH more up front about the exceptions to their respective coverage(s) and not bury it in the "legaleese" statement you click OK on when accepting the coverage exceptions.  Allianz was NOT up-front in the COVID-19 exception to their coverage.  When I wrote their CEO I explained that was my main complaint.

Edited by tomk3212

I got a partial refund today for gratuities.  Got an email yesterday outlining the full refund, but, so far on my credit card, just the gratuities.  This was for a May 1 Med cruise.

On 6/25/2020 at 6:51 PM, tomk3212 said:

Got mine yesterday!!  My cancelled cruise was in April also; TA ending in Rome/Civitivecchia.  I got an email from NCL the day before stating the refund should hit my account in a day or so.  Lucked out on the return airfare as AA cancelled the flight & Priceline gave me a refund.  So the only money I lost was the hotel at the airport.  That should have been covered by my travel insurance with Allianz through Priceline but Allianz weaseled out of it saying they alerted travelers to COVID-19 back in late December 2019.

Did you get a separate email for each person in the reservation?  We've only received an email and a refund for one of the two people (so only half the cost).

On 6/24/2020 at 3:26 PM, drumming cruisers said:

Looked at my  bank/ cc accounts this morning and there was a credit from NCL!!!! 

I was shocked actually hahah. Kept looking and looking at it

. Was from a April cruise that I had cancelled in March. 

Totally awesome news!

Now,,, you didn't happen to see my refund in your bank account also?

On 7/4/2020 at 1:36 PM, tomk3212 said:

@e3c1f4 Yeah, that IS weird.  Did you pay with two different ccards?  That may account for it...

Noticed also that you're in MD like us.  We're in Havre de Grace.  Where do you live?

Hello fellow Maryland-er! We're from Anne Arundel County.  Still only have half the refund, very odd.  We paid for the deposit on one card and the fare split on 2 cards (so 3 cards total).  They refunded half of the deposit and one persons fare and said the reservation was for that specific person/latitude number.  So we're still waiting on the other half of the deposit and the other person's fare.  Hopefully it comes, we're still hoping to take our first cruise one day!