No 6-8 day cruises from Florida in October?

Encore37

Very possible that they have reached the occupancy limits Carnival has set. My November 7th Vista cruise reached that mark last week and is no longer available to book. October Vista cruises were removed several weeks ago.

Edited by Saint Greg

With the case loads increasing daily and the US having no control over the virus betting on an October cruise is a long shot.

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 3

I think this is by design for now, until the virus cases teeter off or a vaccine is found.  Why?: Chances are much higher in a long cruise for the ship to turn into a giant Petrie dish quarantined offshore.   With short cruises, there should be no trouble leaving and getting back to port before someone exhibits symptoms (they are still contagious but with no symptoms they are not the cruise lines problem ).  

This is how I would do it.  Cruises would still fill up because people are itching to get back out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, young_ens said:

With short cruises, there should be no trouble leaving and getting back to port before someone exhibits symptoms (they are still contagious but with no symptoms they are not the cruise lines problem ).

Don’t be ridiculous.  They’ll become the cruise line’s/industry’s problem about five minutes after they’re diagnosed and contact tracing leads back to a cruise ship.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Very possible that they have reached the occupancy limits Carnival has set. My November 7th Vista cruise reached that mark last week and is no longer available to book. October Vista cruises were removed several weeks ago.

We all know what that means: cancelation imminent.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

They haven't released ANY ANNOUNCEMENT about any limited capacity........  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, naxer said:

It just makes me wonder when they're going to announce the next round of cancellations. 

Probably at end of July after the CDC's no sail order expires and then decides to extend the no order

Edited by Cruiseboy06
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

Probably at end of July after the CDC's no sail order expires and then decides to extend the no order

That makes sense.  I had forgotten about that one.

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m quoting a PVP 75% for my November 7th Vista cruise.

I thought it was 50% or 60%.......... most likely 95% they will be canceling more cruises in October and beyond.   Like I said, They have not released any announcement.........

3 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

I thought it was 50% or 60%.......... most likely 95% they will be canceling more cruises in October and beyond.   Like I said, They have not released any announcement.........

I never said they did. They don’t have to announce one to have one.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

I heard different from Carnival representatives though.

16 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

The brand ambassador should have a pretty good understanding, no?

no  He does not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      We need to face reality that there is a 95% to 99.99% chance that they will be canceling more cruises in October and beyond...... They HAVE NOT released any announcement/statement saying that they would be limiting guest capacity.......     "sold out" or "reaching the limit" lines are getting old without any proof.....

Edited by Cruiseboy06
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, young_ens said:

I think this is by design for now, until the virus cases teeter off or a vaccine is found.  Why?: Chances are much higher in a long cruise for the ship to turn into a giant Petrie dish quarantined offshore.   With short cruises, there should be no trouble leaving and getting back to port before someone exhibits symptoms (they are still contagious but with no symptoms they are not the cruise lines problem ).  

This is how I would do it.  Cruises would still fill up because people are itching to get back out.

My guess is that the 6 days and longer cruises fill up to whatever capacity they have set, as people want to get $600 obc, not the $300 obc. 

I know that's why I'm not looking at 5 days and shorter. 

Lots of people looking to rebook and get that obc. Prices are up on longer cruises for 2021 too.

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

The brand ambassador should have a pretty good understanding, no?

Lol hes not going to do anything other than say what he can say in public. Hes not going to whisper in someone's ear inside info on cancellations. 

Doesnt mean he doesnt know carnival will cancel october, probably in a few weeks.

Of course John is going to say we plan to start sailing on oct 1st. What else can he say?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol hes not going to do anything other than say what he can say in public. Hes not going to whisper in someone's ear inside info on cancellations. 

Doesnt mean he doesnt know carnival will cancel october, probably in a few weeks.

Of course John is going to say we plan to start sailing on oct 1st. What else can he say?

Exactly.. the writing is on the wall, as chalk and board. next will be permanent marker..

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

My guess is that the 6 days and longer cruises fill up to whatever capacity they have set, as people want to get $600 obc, not the $300 obc. 

I know that's why I'm not looking at 5 days and shorter. 

Lots of people looking to rebook and get that obc. Prices are up on longer cruises for 2021 too.

OBC isn't determined by the length of the cruise booked, it's determined by the length of the cruise cancelled. I had a 5-day cruise in May that was cancelled. I'm rebooked on an 8 day for May 2021. We only received $300 in OBC for rebooking, not $600. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iamsteph said:

OBC isn't determined by the length of the cruise booked, it's determined by the length of the cruise cancelled. I had a 5-day cruise in May that was cancelled. I'm rebooked on an 8 day for May 2021. We only received $300 in OBC for rebooking, not $600. 

Yes, I've gotten cancelled now twice on carnival and expect yet another one. On the other hand can you tell me when cruising will resume if I get cancelled after I rebook?

I'm also thinking having extra obc you might want to do a longer one.

I'm not driving to Galveston either when by the time I drive down and stop to eat and gas up it's about 6 hours. I'm not driving down for a 4 or 5 day cruise, maybe you live closer to the port and since it can only be applied to one cruise not booking a short b2b 4/5 day either.

I keep being too optimistic. June I thought things would possibly be better by oct. I also have/had 5 rcl cruises (feb 14 got cancelled last week to swap out ships) to work around to rebook so the window to rebook carnival is tight. Next up is January on rcl. At least with them I can lift and shift, moving it to dec 2021. But the window to rebook carnival continues to shrink.

But thanks. I assume you thought I didnt know the terms for obc. I booked this fall because frankly my schedule of other cruises is tight. I'm trying to get in at least one carnival. Im at 180 days and I was thinking 7 days and do panama on radiance next fall would finally put me at diamond on carnival. ... but no word on radiance.

Having been cancelled and cancelled I'm getting too familiar with the terms. I needed that rcl cruise to make diamond plus on rcl. About to give give up and let them cancel me. There is a thread on rcl titled I give up. I'm about there.

Edited by firefly333

12 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Don’t be ridiculous.  They’ll become the cruise line’s/industry’s problem about five minutes after they’re diagnosed and contact tracing leads back to a cruise ship.

You can't guarantee you can screen someone out before they get on and I'm sure there will be waivers in the set sail pass saying the line is not responsible if you get the virus.  

Also with short cruises and the incubation period, who's to say they did not get it the day before cruising somewhere?   One could easily get on then, and spread the virus unknowingly, and debark without any symptoms.

Unless there is an outbreak on board forcing the ship to stay at sea, not their problem.