Voyage of the Glaciers Northbound

1emerald1

A frequently asked question.  It makes no difference.  When you are not in the Inside Passage, you will be too far from shore to see anything distinctly think 10 miles or more.  When there is something to see, it will be on both sides of the ship and you will want to be on deck where you can move side to side as the naturalist or captain announces wildlife sightings.  EM

• Like 1

We always cruise Northbound on the port side.  Great views coming into glacier bay, and equally beautiful views while in the true inside passage.  Like seeing the sunsets from our cabin.

• Like 1

I absolutely plan on being up on deck.  I like to have coffee on my balcony in the morning and if it's raining I might sit on the balcony, that's why I'm wondering.  Thanks everyone.

They announce animal sightings all the time but they are always on the other side of the ship.  We spend most of our time in the Lotus Pool area on Island or Coral, and even then the critter is often gone by the time we get out of our lounger and over to that side.  We did obstructed ocean view for last two trips (up and back).  Only problem was off-key vocals from the Explorer Lounge stage below us in evenings - avoid that area.  Cabin was about $1000 each way cheaper than a balcony.

On 7/5/2020 at 6:01 PM, donaldsc said:

The best side for viewing is topside on the deck.  That way you get to move from side to side.

DON

I actually like the promenade deck. Covered and not crowded. Easy to go from side to side also.

• Like 1