Is it Just Me ???

Pinboy

5 hours ago, deliver42 said:

If the cruises cancel, I'll be disappointed, but not crushed. There is life after cruising.

Yes, there is.  We're fortunate to also be timeshare owners and we really enjoy both of our home resorts.  We have also exchanged into many other nice resorts over the years.  Should cruising not come back anytime soon, we'll still have the timesharing.  We'll be doing some more road trips as well.  Timesharing is sort of the anti-cruise since we generally end up in a huge condo or cabin with a full sized living room and kitchen, so unlike cruising we have lots of private space to stretch out in, but we tend to cook some of our own meals rather than eating out all the time.  Cruising offers a smaller private area for most passengers, but the only effort we put into meals on a cruise is making a decision as to what to eat.  I think that's why we enjoy both... it's a nice contrast and both are very enjoyable.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 2:56 PM, bouhunter said:

Yes as mentioned above - the elevators.  We walk a lot of steps to avoid them but sometimes it has to be done and it's rarely pleasant.

Hmmm! Crowded lifts/elevators? Found we didn’t have a problem on our last coupla Celebrity cruises. Musta been cuz we spent part of our OBC and purchased the ‘Lift Package’. No prob getting an empty lift/elevator. The ‘package’ worked for us...

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Crown Vic said:

Hmmm! Crowded lifts/elevators? Found we didn’t have a problem on our last coupla Celebrity cruises. Musta been cuz we spent part of our OBC and purchased the ‘Lift Package’. No prob getting an empty lift/elevator. The ‘package’ worked for us...

I keep confusing the Lift Package with Lift& Shift. I tried to purchase the Lift Package for our cruise next March and accidentally shifted it to the following year. DW has decided that she'll take over all of our booking arrangements in future.

44 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I keep confusing the Lift Package with Lift& Shift. I tried to purchase the Lift Package for our cruise next March and accidentally shifted it to the following year. DW has decided that she'll take over all of our booking arrangements in future.

Good idea having the Boss take over your booking arrangements. Gonna be smooooth from now on!

p.s. Perhaps she can find you a Bruins face mask. Just kidding!

8 minutes ago, Crown Vic said:

Good idea having the Boss take over your booking arrangements. Gonna be smooooth from now on!

p.s. Perhaps she can find you a Bruins face mask. Just kidding!

Hopefully we'll be cruising again long before the Sens or the Bruins win their next Stanley Cup!😷

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Hopefully we'll be cruising again long before the Sens or the Bruins win their next Stanley Cup!😷

A little off topic ??

The Bruins don't have to hide their faces.

You will be cruising before the Senators win the Stanley Cup.

From what I read, you will be cruising before the Senators sell 8000 season tickets .

I think they have a Management problem ???

On 7/12/2020 at 12:17 PM, davekathy said:

You let me down. I thought your number one not missing would be your ever popular,  "loud mouth wearing his cowboy hat in Murano... 🤣 

Speaking of Murano - Texas chap coming into Murano's in ripped up shorts - old scruffy T shirts and flip flops and being told to leave. Said - this is how we dress in Texas and we own the world so let me eat - so glad security threw him out 

2 minutes ago, osborne66 said:

Speaking of Murano - Texas chap coming into Murano's in ripped up shorts - old scruffy T shirts and flip flops and being told to leave. Said - this is how we dress in Texas and we own the world so let me eat - so glad security threw him out 

Don't judge everyone in Texas by a few wackos.  I have a number of friends in Texas who are sane.  :classic_wink:

• Like 2

On 7/14/2020 at 4:36 PM, chemmo said:

We are presently half way up a mountainside in North Wales overlooking Anglesey and Puffin Island in our tourer. No butler service, no Murano’s but pure heaven to have a change of scenery after months at home...

That sounds fantastic. I've heard of Puffin Island. Puffins are one of my favourite birds, kind of like flying penguins.

I miss not being able to fly over to the UK and spending time cruising the canals. Llangollen is very pretty and peaceful (except in summer break). Also Peak District, Cheshire etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

That sounds fantastic. I've heard of Puffin Island. Puffins are one of my favourite birds, kind of like flying penguins.

I miss not being able to fly over to the UK and spending time cruising the canals. Llangollen is very pretty and peaceful (except in summer break). Also Peak District, Cheshire etc.

Puffins are wonderful, I can never look at them without smiling...Boat trips available although I don’t think they are running at present 

So pleased you have enjoyed parts of the U.K. many visitors never get around to seeing. We are very blessed with where we live, Peak District on our doorstep, North Wales only a couple of hours away...

Next time you can visit if you like holidaying on boats try visiting The Norfolk Broads, one of my favourite bits of the U.K. 

As others have said we do miss cruising but we are determined to enjoy life the best we can.  

16 hours ago, Marelaine said:

I don't miss the man who saves a row in the theater for his wife and their 12 best friends who scoot in after the show starts.

I know the guy --- He's been on every cruise we've taken.

I remember his plaid " cruizzin " jacket , and, he always has to go to the washroom in the middle of the 45 minute show.

He gets back just in time to hear the CD shout " Put your hands together ONE more time for , etc etc, "

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, osborne66 said:

Someone you know.🤣

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

I know the guy --- He's been on every cruise we've taken.

I remember his plaid " cruizzin " jacket , and, he always has to go to the washroom in the middle of the 45 minute show.

He gets back just in time to hear the CD shout " Put your hands together ONE more time for , etc etc, "

Timing is everything.🤣

• Haha 1

We volunteered for potluck seating one night at dinner.  We like to make new acquaintances when possible.  We had the "pleasure" of being seated with a loudmouth couple from Alabama.  Upon sitting, he wanted to know where we were from and then announced he was a proud member of the Sons of the Confederacy.  He proclaimed, "all you d***ed Yankees murdered all the noble Confederate soldiers."  I tried to change the subject, "How's the weather in Alabama this time of year?"  He would not be dissuaded and continued on with his diatribe.  After 5 minutes of this abuse, my wife and I got up and asked for a different table.  We learned our lesson.  We know everybody from Alabama is not like this.  We have met some lovely people from Alabama, Texas, and just about every other State and country.

Edited by El Crucero
  • Like 1