CL/SL future when cruising returns.

3 hours ago, zekekelso said:

So if there’s a rocket launch from Cape Canaveral can you see it from the DL/SL lounges of a ship sailing out of Port Canaveral?

Probably not in the Harmony SL unless it is prior to departure. 

Good chance from the Mariner SL outside area.

DL probably not because its on the starboard side and the Cape is port side

• Like 1

21 hours ago, yogimax said:

Off topic?

Booze and toilet paper?   Guess it is on topic if, like Anthem, there are restrooms in the CL.

LOL!  😄  

BTW...I love your new kitty avatar picture.  Aww...I love Tabbies!  Miss mine something awful!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Pat.

Probably not much more to discuss on CL/SL with no one cruising so I don't mind as long as people are enjoying themselves the thread can go on until it is closed down.

I got a 5 day holiday mentioning DS.

Mine was three.  😉 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zekekelso said:

So if there’s a rocket launch from Cape Canaveral can you see it from the DL/SL lounges of a ship sailing out of Port Canaveral?

You can see them from the deck - and hear the "boom" too.  We watched one on Majesty ( prior to departure from PC)  a few years ago.   

Some ships that sail from PC ( Harmony)  have a D lounge with no windows  so I'll say,  "no" for that.   

M

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL!  😄  

BTW...I love your new kitty avatar picture.  Aww...I love Tabbies!  Miss mine something awful!  

Yea, after all these years, I figured I should let people see what I look like (some folks say people start to look like their pets).  This is 11 year old Dubinsky, named after a hockey player.  He has a polydactyl, long haired sister named Pippa

I'm sorry for your loss.  Some people don't understand that our cats (or dogs) really become family members!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Pat.

Probably not much more to discuss on CL/SL with no one cruising so I don't mind as long as people are enjoying themselves the thread can go on until it is closed down.

I got a 5 day holiday mentioning DS.

DS means Dear Son or Disney Springs to me so not sure what you said lol.  I've never gotten a "holiday" on here which is surprising because I tend to get told to play nice on FB occasionally.  Sorry if I'm logical, analytical and not as empathetic as some think I should be.  I am who I am.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Yea, after all these years, I figured I should let people see what I look like (some folks say people start to look like their pets).  This is 11 year old Dubinsky, named after a hockey player.  He has a polydactyl, long haired sister named Pippa

I'm sorry for your loss.  Some people don't understand that our cats (or dogs) really become family members!

Ahhh...a "Hemingway" cat!  Yup, had one also (and still miss her after 18 years) she lived to be 20.  Her name was "Mitzy"...due to the eight toes on each front paw.  Tiny cat, never made it over 5 pounds...looked like she was wearing baseball mitts.  😉 

Agree...we love them like children...they ask for so little, and give so much.  🥰

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BND said:

DS means Dear Son or Disney Springs to me so not sure what you said lol.  I've never gotten a "holiday" on here which is surprising because I tend to get told to play nice on FB occasionally.  Sorry if I'm logical, analytical and not as empathetic as some think I should be.  I am who I am.

Could be "Dear Sister" as well.  😉 

Just had the one time out, due to someone having a hissy fit over the mention of the two letters.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just had the one time out, due to someone having a hissy fit over the mention of the two letters.  😉 

Or it can also mean...never mind I'd better not even imply.🤐

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

I've been getting a lot of "stay on topic" wrist slaps lately. We can only talk about cruising so much before it gets old. Every once in a while I would like to know something personal about someone so I'll ask a specific question. I guess it just ticks a certain few folks off. Just so they know, I don't care. It doesn't pertain to them so why even comment?? In other words, I've been blocked and/or put in time out before, I don't take it personal cause I consider the source. I'm sure some folks are stuck at home and it's starting to wear on them......thank goodness that's not happening to me.

As far as CL/SL........can't wait to enjoy CK in the early months of 2021!

PS......for those that want to add "stay on topic", no worries, I'll be taken some time away. It's gotten real busy at the hospital.......so sad.

Edited by TYMAN
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ahhh...a "Hemingway" cat!  Yup, had one also (and still miss her after 18 years) she lived to be 20.  Her name was "Mitzy"...due to the eight toes on each front paw.  Tiny cat, never made it over 5 pounds...looked like she was wearing baseball mitts.  😉 

Agree...we love them like children...they ask for so little, and give so much.  🥰

Amen!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I can think of one other but I can't say it here lol.  Some people get so wound around the axle and report people because their feelings are hurt.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TYMAN said:

I've been getting a lot of "stay on topic" wrist slaps lately. We can only talk about cruising so much before it gets old. Every once in a while I would like to know something personal about someone so I'll ask a specific question. I guess it just ticks a

few folks off. Just so they know, I don't care. It doesn't pertain to them so why even comment?? In other words, I've been blocked and/or put in time out before, I don't take it personal cause I consider the source. I'm sure some folks are stuck at home and it's starting to wear on them......thank goodness that's not happening to me.

PS......for those that want to add "stay on topic", no worries, I'll be taken some time away. It's gotten real busy at the hospital.......so sad.

Yes, sad indeed.  Too many cases, too much strife for all.   Sorry you are putting in the extra hours again.  Will be nice when you can join Bucky and I in our "unemployment by choice" status!  

Then...to get even better...to actually be able to cruise again!!  

Still hoping to see you on 11/29...though I know I am just wishing on a Rainbow...  

21 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Share please

Ocala Publix last night

20200728_194810.thumb.jpg.7a29c4dc58f9ae2cd262df5e5d75ce39.jpg

I like the friendly reminder not to hoard.

'Thank you for shopping with others in mind.'

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TYMAN said:

I've been getting a lot of "stay on topic" wrist slaps lately. We can only talk about cruising so much before it gets old. Every once in a while I would like to know something personal about someone so I'll ask a specific question. I guess it just ticks a certain few folks off. Just so they know, I don't care. It doesn't pertain to them so why even comment?? In other words, I've been blocked and/or put in time out before, I don't take it personal cause I consider the source. I'm sure some folks are stuck at home and it's starting to wear on them......thank goodness that's not happening to me.

Take care.

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh yeah...as in Deep XXXX   which put us there before.  😄 

Just a friendly reminder don't forget to check the oil level on your land yachts Dip Stick before you head out on your next land trip. To stay on topic (😏)now would be a good time for RC to change all the CL door plaques to SL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Just a friendly reminder don't forget to check the oil level on your land yachts Dip Stick before you head out on your next land trip. To stay on topic (😏)now would be a good time for RC to change all the CL door plaques to SL.

LOL...yeah.  Needs a new starting battery too.  Left sitting too long!  😮 

No "land yacht" for our next trip...Delta take me away (or so I hope they still will!).   Alaska here we come on Saturday. 

My CL/SL future (notice how I kept this on track.. 😄 ).. is sitting on an outside cabin deck talking to Moose as they stare at me funny while drinking a glass of chilled (not hard to keep it chilled there 😉)  Sauvignon Blanc.  

• Like 2