CL/SL future when cruising returns.

2 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

5:00 PM - 8:00ish PM is high tide in suite lounge from my experience (Oasis ships).  Seats are often accounted for and it’s pretty bustling.  

I see pretty much same crowd at dinner time - I think majority of P and suite guests eat at Costal every night.  

We might do 1 or a maximum of 2 dinners in the CK over a week. However, we do breakfast almost daily.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

You could be the only person I've ever chatted with that has this 😱

Radiance Class CL is awesome. From the outside area, to the bar, to the 'stage', etc....

What is the redeeming quality of the DL?

Well when we were in it in 2018 it was tiny and crammed full of diamonds and D+ (I don’t think we had any pins on the sailing) and they had the worst Diamond concierge I ever met.  He was full of himself as well as full of.....  He lectured about things of which he knew not and was generally a Jack....  The DL was fine when everyone wasn’t in there. The CL was never crowded and the concierge was polite, thoughtful and quite welcoming.  

Same number of staff and half the people and twice the space.  So, yes CL on Radiance rocks compared to DL.

jc

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Well when we were in it in 2018 it was tiny and crammed full of diamonds and D+ (I don’t think we had any pins on the sailing) and they had the worst Diamond concierge I ever met.  He was full of himself as well as full of.....  He lectured about things of which he knew not and was generally a Jack....  The DL was fine when everyone wasn’t in there. The CL was never crowded and the concierge was polite, thoughtful and quite welcoming.  

Same number of staff and half the people and twice the space.  So, yes CL on Radiance rocks compared to DL.

jc

Well I somewhat disagree. We've been on Radiance a few times and hated the CL (I believe there was a time when there was no dedicated out door area but I think that changed) and the particular concierge that was there multiple times. :classic_angry:

We loved the DL not only for it's warm friendly staff (same concierge several times) and ocean views but for the large overflow area especially when we had extended family sailing with us.

Each to their own opinion based on their particular sailing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Well I somewhat disagree. We've been on Radiance a few times and hated the CL (I believe there was a time when there was no dedicated out door area but I think that changed) and the particular concierge that was there multiple times. :classic_angry:

We loved the DL not only for it's warm friendly staff (same concierge several times) and ocean views but for the large overflow area especially when we had extended family sailing with us.

Each to their own opinion based on their particular sailing.

You really can't rate a lounge by its Concierge, because they rotate 

The overflow is a seperate subject. And FWIW, my favorite overflow is when they do it down in Colony Club area. Easy access to Schooner for trivia

But I agree, we travel back and forth in search of that perfect space

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You really can't rate a lounge by its Concierge, because they rotate 

The overflow is a seperate subject. And FWIW, my favorite overflow is when they do it down in Colony Club area. Easy access to Schooner for trivia

But I agree, we travel back and forth in search of that perfect space

I know they rotate...but some seem to stay at lot longer on certain ships..and unfortunately was what happened to us on more than one occasion on Radiance..he was what turned us off to the CL on that ship during those cruise's.

Yes...trying to get to the Schooner for trivia on time is sometimes a mad dash.

6 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yes. We almost always do breakfast in CK. Don’t recall doing lunch as generally we are off the ship in ports. Beats the rush of WJ. 

....by the window or is/was it taken by the other group you hate so much

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You had to be in a suit to use it🤔

It was always special

Are you sure about that John, I just rechecked my cruise history for the 8 night Quantum inaugural Nov. 23 to  De 1, 2014 and the 12 ni. March 1 to March 13, 2015 and I was a solo in one of the solo balcony cabins.  I definitely remember it being part of the rotation on the inaugural as I had to make all my reservations for dynamic dining pre-cruise online and as Silk had little appeal to me, I opted for the CK. I remember having a couple of lunches, the tomato soup and one of the flatbreads, along with struggling to find something my dietary restrictions would allow for dinner on the menu. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Are you sure about that John, I just rechecked my cruise history for the 8 night Quantum inaugural Nov. 23 to  De 1, 2014 and the 12 ni. March 1 to March 13, 2015 and I was a solo in one of the solo balcony cabins.  I definitely remember it being part of the rotation on the inaugural as I had to make all my reservations for dynamic dining pre-cruise online and as Silk had little appeal to me, I opted for the CK. I remember having a couple of lunches, the tomato soup and one of the flatbreads, along with struggling to find something my dietary restrictions would allow for dinner on the menu. 

That was always my understanding from all the pre cruise chatter. Maybe @Merion_Mom can weigh in 

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Really not a big deal. You'd be surprised how many in the upper tiers sail solo now

And if they book one of these "new" cabins does it not free up some other cabin for someone else to book?

• Haha 1