The Daily for Thursday Jul 23, 2020

richwmn

today is Vanilla Ice Cream Day, Gorgeous Grandma Day, and Hot Enough For Ya Day

What you don't know can hurt you, only you won't know it.

Meal suggestion for today - Pasta Carbonara

Wine of the day - Selbach-Oster Riesling Kabinett Halbtrocken Mosel Zeltinger Himmelreich vintage 2015

At Sea Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/24

Nieuw Amsterdam destination Lubuan

Rotterdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/24
Westerdam destination KLIP - not a listed destination? Looks to be rejoining Noordam etc.

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) destination Busan Korea, eta 7/25

Port Dickson
Eurodam
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Limassol
Maasdam
Veendam

Puerto Vallarta
Koningsdam
While MT shows Koningsdam to be at Puerto Vallarta, both maps show her
headed south. CM shows a destination of Costa Rica.

Singapore Anchorage
Volendam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

0723Sing.png

Ships in the Singapore Area

0723Suez.png

Ships leaving the Fleet

0723Pacific.png

Off the Pacific Coast of Central America

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My  favorite ice cream is Vanilla, with tons of add ons.  LOL  I'm sure my grandson thinks I'm gorgeous...but then he is only 2.  And it's always hot here.

Love the Quote...seems appropriate for today's climate.  And the meal sounds really good.

Prayers for our list and for anyone who needs the unspoken.

• Like 7

Good morning and thanks for the update. 
It’s most definitely hot enough for me, supposed to be another week of this humidity. 
I can do vanilla ice cream, but it needs hot fudge on it. 
Stay safe and keep cool. We are supposed to get more storms today. 

• Like 4

Funny Love: The Best Grandma Jokes Funny

jokes about hot weather images | ... HOT ENOUGH FOR YOU, COLOR ...

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily. I love pasta carbonara~ will need to investigate the wine a bit more..

Hi Sisters Cat and Denise! A beautiful dawn this morning. Love you two! (Hi Paisley and Bindi)

Daily-ites: I am praying for all on Roy's care list as well as our friends here on CC. 

The guys worked late again last night, digging holes, mulching, putting up the fence. They will finish on Saturday! I ran out of ice cream bars, cherries and beer, but they sure looked thankful. I'll throw a party for them on Saturday. Why not??!!

We are meeting a guy this morning who adds beveled glass inserts on your front door. I have been looking around the neighborhood and there are some very nice looking doors. Should brighten up our long hallway.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day. Take it easy out there. Looks like a nation of heat wave. (Except our CC friend in Ireland)

• Like 7

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Who knew that tracking the ships with no cruises sailing would be so crazy?  Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Hope all are well!

This morning, Mother Nature greeted Bindi and me with another treat - my first “in person” double rainbow.
CC8EA66F-317E-4487-ACF7-1CDBD77C313A.thumb.jpeg.f7b3dd3d4038debed7da00d5cef65ec1.jpeg

Love the quote.  Pass on the wine & meal. 

Continued prayers for: KK, Sharon’s BIL & SIL, Allen & Joy, and Kazu.  May they recover quickly, and may future procedures go smoothly with super results!  

Stay well everyone

• Like 11

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Vanilla ice cream - the staple of so many childhood memories; I am a Grandma (best job ever!), and we're enjoying a heat wave on the "frozen tundra", expecting another +34C day with high humidity.  It's already time to put the little cooler on the front step with ice packs and a few bottles of water for our letter carrier and others making deliveries in the area.  I staple a sign to the handle that says "Please Help Yourself", and some days give away up to 6 bottles of water.

Pasta Carbonara is a great suggestion, but a little heavy in today's heat, so will consider it for another day.  I think I'll pick some lettuce from our pots, cook up chicken in the outdoor oven, and make a big chicken Caesar salad with crusty bread for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers to all who need them for recovery and for whatever battles you're facing.  Be safe, stay well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 6

Thanks for the Daily, Rich.  I love Vanilla Ice Cream Day since I'm a huge IceCreamAholic.  I love it so much I can't even keep it in the house these days or I would be a blimp.  While cruising I have ice cream just about every day.  Yum!  As for Gorgeous Grandma Day, I've been one since I was 48.  Six beautiful grandkids!  And you bet, it's hot in Georgia just like everywhere else.  Thank goodness for air conditioning!  

The menu suggestions sounds delicious but I let my DH pick what he wants to cook.  No complaints from me!  I cooked for 40 years and he's been the cook for the past 10 years.  😋

Joy, I think your landscapers must LOVE working at your house with all the goodies you hand out.  They are probably disappointed with all their other customers.  I hope you will take photos when they're all finished in your yard and share with us.  Can't wait!  I have seen those door glass inserts here in my neighborhood too and they are so pretty.  You are setting your home up perfectly to your taste and that's great.  No cookie cutter house for you two.

I hope everyone on the prayer list is doing well.  Take care everyone!

• Like 6

Thank you for the report, Rich.  Love Vanilla Ice Cream.  Sadly, all my grandparents died before I was born.  It's definitely hot enough for me, although not as bad as recently.  The last 2 days I have parked in my local park and walked almost totally in the shade, today I was able to walk into the park, in the sun most of the time.  I was late to the daily to get my walk in while it was still comfortable.

Definitely hot in most of the US; seems to be a bit more tolerable in Canada, except for the central plains (sorry Gerry).  Looks nice in Ireland, but erewhon would love to borrow a bit of our warmth.

Not quite pasta carbonera but Mac & cheese for me tonight.

The quote is certainly relevant today and I would add what you don't know can also hurt others.

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Continued prayers for: KK, Sharon’s BIL & SIL, Allen & Joy, and Kazu.  May they recover quickly, and may future procedures go smoothly with super results!  

Cat Shepard was pretty much spot on with the care list, although I'll spell it out a bit more:

Allen as he faces surgery and Joy as his caregiver

Sharon's BIL and SIL as they battle Covid

Kazu for continued progress on her foot.

Krazy Kruizers

And a belated happy birthday to @gigianne.

Roy

PS.  St. Louis Cruiser for DH's mom and recently deceased friend.

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 8

I should mention today is a special day for our family.  DH's Mom is 94 years old TODAY!  She is now in a nursing facility in St. Louis.  She was involved in a traffic accident 2 years ago and that was her downfall.  Unfortunately for all of us there has been no visitation allowed since March 14 so all these elders in the nursing facility must be very lonely.  However, she is going to get calls today, some flowers and a card from us, though the flowers have to come from UPS or FedEx, no florist deliveries allowed.  The reception staff assembles the bouquets in the vase that is provided with the arrangement.  They promise to send us photos of her later. 

On a sad note, DH was trying to reach an old friend by phone and the number was disconnected.  So he emailed the friend and was informed last night from the friend's wife that his friend died April 30 at 71 years of age.  They had worked together in the engineering department of a major brewery for quite a few years.  When DH and several of his friends retired at the same time (brewery takeover by foreign company in 2008), the guys would get together for lunch and discuss their investment plans which would fund their retirement years.  When we moved to Georgia those get togethers sort of phased out but they still spoke by phone here and there.  What a shock!  He is very sad today so needs some special attention to get his spirits up.  A few prayers for DH and his departed friend Phil would be appreciated.☹️ 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I should mention today is a special day for our family.  DH's Mom is 94 years old TODAY!  She is now in a nursing facility in St. Louis.  She was involved in a traffic accident 2 years ago and that was her downfall.  Unfortunately for all of us there has been no visitation allowed since March 14 so all these elders in the nursing facility must be very lonely.  However, she is going to get calls today, some flowers and a card from us, though the flowers have to come from UPS or FedEx, no florist deliveries allowed.  The reception staff assembles the bouquets in the vase that is provided with the arrangement.  They promise to send us photos of her later. 

It would sure be nice if the facility could set up a video call for his mom.

Roy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

It would sure be nice if the facility could set up a video call for his mom.

Roy

I agree.  They were Covid free until a laundry worker tested positive in June and have tightened up even more.  That worker spread to several other employees and then some residents got sick.  No one is to leave their room, and even video calls have taken a hit with all their restrictions.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, summer slope said:

Forgot to mention, it's my birthday today!  Will celebrate with DH as we are still social distancing from most people due to the virus out there.  Want to stay safe at our age.

Happy Birthday to you too!  We social distance from everyone, literally.  We want to stay safe too.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I should mention today is a special day for our family.  DH's Mom is 94 years old TODAY!

On a sad note, DH was trying to reach an old friend by phone and the number was disconnected.  So he emailed the friend and was informed last night from the friend's wife that his friend died April 30 at 71 years of age.  They had worked together in the engineering department of a major brewery for quite a few years.  When DH and several of his friends retired at the same time (brewery takeover by foreign company in 2008), the guys would get together for lunch and discuss their investment plans which would fund their retirement years.  When we moved to Georgia those get togethers sort of phased out but they still spoke by phone here and there.  What a shock!  He is very sad today so needs some special attention to get his spirits up.  A few prayers for DH and his departed friend Phil would be appreciated.☹️ 

Prayers for Phil & your DH are winging their way. And Happy Birthday to your Mom in law!🎂🎉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and thanks again to Rich who maintains  this happy place.  (My apology for the misspelling of your name on yesterday's thread). I can celebrate today too as I love vanilla ice cream (if it's Venetian Vanilla all the better).  I like to think that my grands think nicely of me and it is another hot day here in SO.  Even the meal suggestion is doable.  My thoughts are with those who are not feeling well or facing procedures. And I can add a happy birthday wish to Summer Slope 

EBEEC7AA-B38F-4B64-86BA-F7387E304F58.jpeg

Edited by gigianne
  • Like 10

7 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Forgot to mention, it's my birthday today!  Will celebrate with DH as we are still social distancing from most people due to the virus out there.  Want to stay safe at our age.

Happy Birthday Summer Slope! Hope it is filled with laughter & love!🎂🎉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Westerdam destination KLIP - not a listed destination? Looks to be rejoining Noordam etc.

KLIP is an acronym - Kuala Linggi International Port   (klip.my)      20nm SE of Port Dickson.    Scott.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Sounds like a few of us need some smiles today.

Ice cream sounds great as with the humidity it’s certainly going to be a ‘hot enough for ya’ day’.

Love the Gorgeous Grandma day.  I thought mine were when I was young.

Great quote.

@summer slope a very Happy Birthday 🎂🥂🎂

@Seasick Sailor congrats on getting your landscaping finished on Saturday.  Sounds like we are like minded keeping our workers refreshed 😉. I

@StLouisCruisers Happy birthday to your DH’s mother!  So sorry you can’t see her 😞 Hope the flowers are arranged nicely for her.  So sorry to here about the loss of your DH’s friend 😞 

Been a hectic morning here and pretty much a sleepless night as I have 2 dogs with sick tummies.  I’ve just gotten back from  the vets (curbside service) and hopefully we can get to the bottom of it quickly and easily.  

Prayers to all on our care list as well as to StLouisCruisers DH and his friends’ family.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

KLIP is an acronym - Kuala Linggi International Port   (klip.my)      20nm SE of Port Dickson.    Scott.  

Thank you Scott! Do you know what EOPL stands for? That was the NA’s destination a day or so ago.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

Been a hectic morning here and pretty much a sleepless night as I have 2 dogs with sick tummies.  I’ve just gotten back from  the vets (curbside service) and hopefully we can get to the bottom of it quickly and easily.  

Prayers to all on our care list as well as to StLouisCruisers DH and his friends’ family.

Jacqui, hope your fur babies are ok. Adding them to my care list. 

• Like 3

Good morning to all, 

Another hot day in N.E. to match many in the rest of the country and Canada too.  Seems each summer that we get more days of 90's+.  Liked those summer days past that (at least in memory) seemed to be more tolerable.

Love ice cream although vanilla not one of those flavors unless it is smothered in sticky hot fudge.  Pasta supper will have to wait for cooler days.  Today will be tabouli, grilled chicken and fresh green beans from the garden.  And white sangria.

Happy birthday to Summer Slope and St. Louis Cruisers M-I-L.  And a special prayer to every senior in a care facility that hasn't had any visits from loved ones in weeks and months.  How sad for them and their loved ones.

Joy--sounds as if you are making your new home "yours".  Love all the changes/additions you are making.  Have a good weekend and thinking of you and Allen next week.

• Like 8