CDC: Cruise ship travel “exacerbates the global spread of Covid-19.”

cruisemom42

travel exacerbates the global spread of Covid-19

That is it.....       Stop all travel between all countries.....   

Then wait until this thing you call "vaccine"....     if or when it comes...

So lets all sit down with a nice cuppa  ( Tea or Joe )  or go the bunker...

Covid-19 is not going anywhere soon....

so wash hands, put on a mask and keep your distance.... ( and forget holidays )

And check back - 6 to 12 months...

So long the thanks for all the fish.... Don

Edited by getting older slowly

14 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I'm getting rather tired of cruisers trying to demonize the CDC when it is the cruise lines who are dragging their feet and refusing to get serious about the changes that are needed to keep passengers safe and healthy aboard their ships in the post-COVID environment.

I agree with you.  You know if I was a cruise line, I think I would be dragging my feet too.  I would postpone as long as possible with the hopes that the pandemic and public health issues will ease.  I think the cruise lines will stall as long as possible with the hope they will eventually be able to open up with fewer changes/restrictions.   But obviously, this is just wild guesswork on my part.      

3 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

travel exacerbates the global spread of Covid-19

That is it.....       Stop all travel between all countries.....   

Then wait until this thing you call "vaccine"....     if or when it comes...

So lets all sit down with a nice cuppa  ( Tea or Joe )  or go the bunker...

Covid-19 is not going anywhere soon....

so wash hands, put on a mask and keep your distance.... ( and forget holidays )

And check back - 6 to 12 months...

So long the thanks for all the fish.... Don

I keep thinking back to March when we were agonizing over the need to stay home for a whole two weeks.   Who would have thought.   

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, clo said:

NBT, why don't people (even) here get it?  I love to travel. Really, really love it. When we were both working we always lived below our means and one goal was to be able to travel. But if I'm going to seriously take a big risk I'm not going to do it. And Bob is with me 100%. I'm so frustrated by this I want to scream. There seem to be intelligent people who don't get it. I don't think they're stupid and there's no excuse for being ignorant. ?????

Everyone has SOME level of intelligence.  But, if they lack patience, they might sometimes be reluctant to wait to gratify a wish.  If they lack imagination, they might not be able to visualize unintended results of their actions.  If they lack humility, they might see themselves as impervious.  It goes on — there are lots of reasons why an “intelligent” person might act unintelligently. Generally the lower their level of intelligence, the more likely they will let other impulses govern their behavior.

Then, of course, there are quite a lot of people who simply do not have enough intelligence to (as the saying goes) come in out of the rain.

• Like 1

I keep thinking back to March when we were agonizing over the need to stay home for a whole two weeks.   Who would have thought.   
I've got a very curious question and I'd like to see what people think about this. Instead of a "soft lock down" we did, I mean I went out every single day of this so called lock down, not to party but necessary things but what if we did a full on lock down stay at home for 2-4 weeks? Like we said hey this week go to the supermarket get enough food for 2-4 weeks but on Sunday is a full on shut down. Like the only people that leave their house are cops, fireman, doctor, nurses and people that work in power plants. If we did that for 2-4 weeks would that have made a huge difference or just temporary and this would have went to ***** eventually anyway like it is now?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

I've got a very curious question and I'd like to see what people think about this. Instead of a "soft lock down" we did, I mean I went out every single day of this so called lock down, not to party but necessary things but what if we did a full on lock down stay at home for 2-4 weeks? Like we said hey this week go to the supermarket get enough food for 2-4 weeks but on Sunday is a full on shut down. Like the only people that leave their house are cops, fireman, doctor, nurses and people that work in power plants. If we did that for 2-4 weeks would that have made a huge difference or just temporary and this would have went to ***** eventually anyway like it is now?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Didn't they do something like that in the hard hit regions in Italy?  I think this is a very good question for experts.  Us folks on cc are just going to say whatever it is we prefer the answer to be!  Haha.  

7 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

full on lock down stay at home for 2-4 weeks?

I read something about this than I now can't find, of course. But yes, it was from a former high level CDC person. IMO it's going to take something drastic. At this point.

15 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Didn't they do something like that in the hard hit regions in Italy?  I think this is a very good question for experts.  Us folks on cc are just going to say whatever it is we prefer the answer to be!  Haha.  

Yes, they did and it did not slow the spread.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

New Zealand did this for just over 4 weeks. Because they did this so early in their outbreak they were able to eradicate COVID19. Italy and Spain did something similar but much later in the spread of infection than New Zealand but it did help slow down the spread and in Italy's case isolated it to the north of the country. This sort of lock down is effective the earlier you start it, I feel with USA the spread is too far gone that riding it out is perhaps the only option left. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Yes, they did and it did not slow the spread.  

where is your documentation for this claim? It is not accurate.

ilikeanswers has an insightful response above that is based on evidence. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/05/how-new-zealand-brought-new-coronavirus-cases-down-to-zero.html