Reservations For Shows?

Hi all, hopefully in Dec 2021 I am going to be going on the Oasis of the Seas. I have read somewhere that for RC cruises that you need to make reservations for the shows. Could someone please tell me if that is something I can do now, or do I have to wait until I get on the ship. Thank you very much.

Thank you for your reply. Is this something that I can do in my RC account or do I need to call them? Also is there a list somewhere of the shows so that I can see what they have to offer? Thanks again.

Just now, CChamp said:

Thank you for your reply. Is this something that I can do in my RC account or do I need to call them? Also is there a list somewhere of the shows so that I can see what they have to offer? Thanks again.

You make reservations under cruise planner...not through the app

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Reservations are not mandatory, but those with reservations will be allowed in venues about 15 mins before non reservations. Those with reservations will still line up.

as previously stated, everything will be in your Cruise Planner. If you have not made an account on the Royal website, you should make one. The Cruise Planner will show everything about drink packages, dining choices, excursions, and entertainment. You may see the shows now or you may have to wait u til closer to the cruise, but you won’t be able to make reservations. 

Those that have been on Oasis can probably tell you the recurring shows. I know Cats is the Broadway production.

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

Reservations are not mandatory, but those with reservations will be allowed in venues about 15 mins before non reservations. Those with reservations will still line up.

as previously stated, everything will be in your Cruise Planner. If you have not made an account on the Royal website, you should make one. The Cruise Planner will show everything about drink packages, dining choices, excursions, and entertainment. You may see the shows now or you may have to wait u til closer to the cruise, but you won’t be able to make reservations. 

Those that have been on Oasis can probably tell you the recurring shows. I know Cats is the Broadway production.

Thank you all very much, I do have an account and have been looking at all that they offer, I also have been watching numerous video's, now if the time would just hurry up and get here. I think when the time comes I will try to make a reservation that way maybe won't have to fight the mad bullrush to try to get a good seat.

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I make reservations 6 months before the cruise.

Something special about six months?  Why not follow some earler advice given and make reservations as soon as you are able to?

Most of the shows are offered more than one evening and possibly at different times.  So when the website allows you to book shows you probably want to consider each day at a time and look at where you will be that day and how long your excursions and/or on shore plans are.  Look at the times in port.  Consider what the sea days are. Based on that info, you can decide when you’ll likely want to take in certain shows and how you want to balance that with your evening meals.  Work all the pieces until you are happy. I consider this entire dance to be part of the pre-cruise fun.  Alternatively, you could make no reservations and just wing it by getting in the standby lines.  I don’t do that but I see a lot of people in the lines, so it can be done. 

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Somebody on CC going on my cruise posted that they booked a show.I called and did the same.

So, what you meant to say in post #9 is that you once made reservations for a show based on information from a CC poster?

Not so much ‘I make reservations 6 months before the cruise.’ which implies that you do it all the time?

Just trying to get your story straight.....

5 hours ago, d9704011 said:

So, what you meant to say in post #9 is that you once made reservations for a show based on information from a CC poster?

Not so much ‘I make reservations 6 months before the cruise.’ which implies that you do it all the time?

Just trying to get your story straight.....

Nope just once .

• Like 1