The Daily for Saturday Aug 1, 2020

richwmn

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Best wishes and positive thoughts to all.

@rafinmd could you add Ms VMax to the care list.  She is halfway through chemo for breast cancer. Thankyou!

Hoping all goes well for Mrs. VMax 🤞🙏🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKingD said:

Good morning to the regulars on this topic.  Even though I've never cruised on HAL, I love looking at the cheerful and sweet messages on this board.  I stumbled on a prayer that I now say every day, and I want to share it with you kind folks:

Cindy

Welcome Cindy 🙂. Love the prayer.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

42 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I haven't read all the posts yet so don't know if this has been answered yet, but I think Roy's photo was taken in Christchurch, New Zealand.  Am I right?

image.jpeg.3266c4f82bbc3a22481b3556bc89dc48.jpeg

25 minutes ago, gigianne said:

I think you may be right.  New Zealand was my first guess and CC is  about an hour from the port.  We have only been there once and it was after an earthquake, how sad to see the destruction.  

I think you are both absolutely correct.  We really enjoyed our time there.

• Like 2

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 😄 

Girlfriends day - I think I celebrated that yesterday when my girlfriend and I met for tea.  We got our favourite lemon mango tea and took it to a park in town so we didn’t have to drink it inside and could make sure distancing was possible from others.  (She’s in my bubble so close to her is no worries 😉 ).

I know a lot of friends who will happily celebrate Mah Jong day.  The only mountain I can do right now to celebrate the day is our hill on our street 🙂 

Salmon sounds good and I just might pop a filet out of the freezer.  Have to look up the wine (as usual).

I did a little visit to my day lilies the other day.  It’s so nice when different ones have some bloom time simultaneously.  Some are your “standards” and some different but they are all pretty in their own right.

5C2B065A-7805-49FE-ADC2-ED3C6D3542F0.thumb.jpeg.8e41cef20c8c27905108290080ea6cbb.jpeg

162A9AD1-323E-43F2-A90C-CF2A1DEEC598.thumb.jpeg.d38aef6956da919635fd701e89c26db3.jpeg

2660A1E1-0D13-4A41-BDF1-DEAEF57C555A.thumb.jpeg.818c60cbc2747519308a28226aa007f0.jpeg

29FBB89C-DCDE-4A71-8801-D96B147F7F89.thumb.jpeg.2e8816e183975a2158e72ba069d9f339.jpeg

13AC5CD4-12C9-4DC0-95D6-BA32CF14E074.thumb.jpeg.2456a2efab9631ffa960c4876ff6cd46.jpeg

6DAF5B51-8E83-433E-B4D2-ADE734913D05.thumb.jpeg.43d0171738422873b7ac18685def0b05.jpeg

1E39C32A-7E05-405B-9482-8BE4370FA918.thumb.jpeg.e10efa6fc318377784c904411fcb6100.jpeg

My neighbour had too much dill in her garden so I was gifted a bunch of fresh dill.  I’ll be making pickles today and saving some of the dill for seasoning.  As if it wasn’t hot enough - silly me 😄 

Prayers to all on our care list and hoping everyone can stay safe and healthy.

• Like 8

Rich 

Thank you for the Daily Scouting reports on where the HAL ships are located,

FYI;  The Apostleship of Sea of the USA is broadcasting an on line MASS for all serving on ships at sea in these difficult days.  AOSUSA supplies priests for crew and passengers sailing on HAL.  AOS is making these on line Masses for all ships.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise photo was taken August 1, 2018 approaching Haines, Alaska on the Westerdam.

dawn0801.jpg

Roy

Roy, was this cruise when you went with your brother on? Like the sunrise! On that cruise I remember a lot of photos with both of you!

Denise😊

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 😄 

Girlfriends day - I think I celebrated that yesterday when my girlfriend and I met for tea.  We got our favourite lemon mango tea and took it to a park in town so we didn’t have to drink it inside and could make sure distancing was possible from others.  (She’s in my bubble so close to her is no worries 😉 ).

I know a lot of friends who will happily celebrate Mah Jong day.  The only mountain I can do right now to celebrate the day is our hill on our street 🙂 

Salmon sounds good and I just might pop a filet out of the freezer.  Have to look up the wine (as usual).

I did a little visit to my day lilies the other day.  It’s so nice when different ones have some bloom time simultaneously.  Some are your “standards” and some different but they are all pretty in their own right.

5C2B065A-7805-49FE-ADC2-ED3C6D3542F0.thumb.jpeg.8e41cef20c8c27905108290080ea6cbb.jpeg

162A9AD1-323E-43F2-A90C-CF2A1DEEC598.thumb.jpeg.d38aef6956da919635fd701e89c26db3.jpeg

2660A1E1-0D13-4A41-BDF1-DEAEF57C555A.thumb.jpeg.818c60cbc2747519308a28226aa007f0.jpeg

29FBB89C-DCDE-4A71-8801-D96B147F7F89.thumb.jpeg.2e8816e183975a2158e72ba069d9f339.jpeg

13AC5CD4-12C9-4DC0-95D6-BA32CF14E074.thumb.jpeg.2456a2efab9631ffa960c4876ff6cd46.jpeg

6DAF5B51-8E83-433E-B4D2-ADE734913D05.thumb.jpeg.43d0171738422873b7ac18685def0b05.jpeg

1E39C32A-7E05-405B-9482-8BE4370FA918.thumb.jpeg.e10efa6fc318377784c904411fcb6100.jpeg

My neighbour had too much dill in her garden so I was gifted a bunch of fresh dill.  I’ll be making pickles today and saving some of the dill for seasoning.  As if it wasn’t hot enough - silly me 😄 

Prayers to all on our care list and hoping everyone can stay safe and healthy.

Good morning Jacqui! Love the pictures of your lilies! Thank you

Denise😊

• Like 3

Woke up late here in San Diego! The sun is shining for once! We have had a lot of fog

and overcast for so long that it was so nice to wake up to sunshine👍
Such a nice National girlfriends day! Good morning sisters! 🌺Ann have a great day and I see the hurricane might be one a tropical storm when it comes to Florida! I pray it by passes you!

🌺Joy you and Allen have a wonderful day 

in your new home!

🌺Tonight  I am making Cioppino! Cooking up my sauce later and with my seafood I am adding a nice piece of salmon in it👍

🌺Roy always love the pictures you do for us and I also say this is New Zealand!! 
Loved  ChristChurch When we were there!

YOUR PRAYER LIST KEEP IT COMING!

🌺Rich! Your The Daily is such a hit!!!!!

I notice when I go to Oceania it is so boring and a lot of people that are regulars 

are gone! Sometimes the posts are 10 hours ago or days!!( PS I go on just because I do have a cruise with them in 2022!😊) Hopefully after 5 cruises cancelled  3 HAL 2 with O I will cruise😯!

HAVE A SAFE AND GREAT WEEKEND ALL!

Denise😊

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Himself said:

Rich 

Thank you for the Daily Scouting reports on where the HAL ships are located,

FYI;  The Apostleship of Sea of the USA is broadcasting an on line MASS for all serving on ships at sea in these difficult days.  AOSUSA supplies priests for crew and passengers sailing on HAL.  AOS is making these on line Masses for all ships.

That is a real service. I’m sure it will be a blessing for many. 

• Like 3

Thanks to everyone for this most uplifting thread!  I have been celebrating girlfriends “day” all week.  I had a friend (who plays Mahjong) visiting for 4 days.  She needed some girl time as she is facing a battle to help with her DH’s prostate cancer.  

Family get together this evening, so will get see grandchildren and great grandchildren!  Exercising social distancing.

Two fires in our county in last two days.  We need rain so desperately in the parched Western US!  We could use Isaias here!  Prayers for all on care list,and for all in hurricane’s path.

• Like 6

Denise, it's the trip where my brother accompanied me but only on the Volendam and land portion.  This photo was taken from the Westerdam after he had returned home.

I was hoping the Where Am I would have been more difficult and still open when erewhon came to the thread.  The building was not particularly special but the architecture was.  As far as I know the Christchurch Cathedral is still waiting for the Diocese to authorize repairs.  The photograph is sometimes known as the "Cardboard Cathedral" because most or all of the structural beams are made of cardboard.  A clever design from a Japanese architect and a very nice looking building.

Roy

• Like 5

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Best wishes and positive thoughts to all.

@rafinmd could you add Ms VMax to the care list.  She is halfway through chemo for breast cancer. Thankyou!

I've been praying for your wife ever since you first mentioned it, along with my cousin's daughter, Laura, who is undergoing the same treatment.  My mother and both her sisters were breast cancer survivors, now it seems to be popping up in the younger generation.  Genetic testing is ongoing.

Good morning, all, and thank you, Rich, for the getting-us-all-together Daily  This is the BC Day weekend and it seems like all of BC is on the move.  Covid cases are going up, and I imagine there will be another spike after all this beautiful weather and a holiday weekend.  Also fires are starting up, as it has been very dry.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon all and thanks for the update.

It is a little cooler today but calling for storms tonight and tomorrow. 
Im thinking of all my girlfriends both present and no longer here😢
I think we’re having chicken BBQ for dinner. 
Stay safe and cool and prayers for all in need.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the report.  Nice selection of days.  I don't eat seafood so I'll pass on the dinner suggestion.  The quote reminds about how much we don't know about science and learn as we go.  I noticed on Marine Traffic that the Rotterdam is bunkering.  I wonder if she's going to be moving soon.  I suspect they're loading the minimum fuel needed to get to Rotterdam.

Today's care list:

Allen for test results.

Sharon's in-laws for continued improvement

AndiLand grieving for Clementine

Fatcat04's MIL for finding the strength to ask for help

Florida, dealing with the doubble whammy of storm and Covid

and Krazy Kruizers

Roy

My best wishes  to KK.  UNtil, yesterday, I had no  idea she is ill.  I am very sorry to read i t here and wish her a  full and speedy recovery  I hope she is suffering a not too serious illness..

'sail'

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@cat shepard, I am worried about you and Bindi. Keep us up to date on how you are.

@DeeniEncinitas Your dinner sounds delicious! We've been seafood eaters the past few days. Crab cakes last night, lobster and sharing a steak tonight. 

@kazu I hope I get to plant lots of the beautiful plants you are showing us. I went to the nursery this morning and picked up a hanging basket and now can't recall the name🤔 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TheKingD said:

Good morning to the regulars on this topic.  Even though I've never cruised on HAL, I love looking at the cheerful and sweet messages on this board.  I stumbled on a prayer that I now say every day, and I want to share it with you kind folks:

Whenever I am downcast, O Lord, help me to remember the people I have enjoyed and loved. 

I hope I neither forget them when they are gone, nor take them for granted while they are alive. 

Those who have meant so much to me, may I mean increasingly more to them. 

Bind us together, O Lord, in such a way that our lives may share the glory and the pain that comes to each of us,

and grant that as I walk in the strength of the ones who are stronger than I,

I may also suffer for the sake of the ones who are weaker than I.

Cindy

Welcome to the Daily, Cindy.  You really found a great way to introduce yourself.

Roy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@cat shepard, I am worried about you and Bindi. Keep us up to date on how you are.

@DeeniEncinitas Your dinner sounds delicious! We've been seafood eaters the past few days. Crab cakes last night, lobster and sharing a steak tonight. 

@kazu I hope I get to plant lots of the beautiful plants you are showing us. I went to the nursery this morning and picked up a hanging basket and now can't recall the name🤔 

Joy, thank you! Unless something changes significantly, I live at the point where Isaias downgrades from a hurricane to a tropical storm. Still can cause damage, but...

I included a map showing its Projected track. I used a green marker to circle the point where the bright red (hurricane) meets the bright blue (tropical storm).  The line is really one mile North of me, but since I am 3 miles from the coast, I figure it works for me. 

I appreciate you caring! If there is no thunder & lightning, Bindi will most like sleep through it all.🐶

83A8C2D1-9EEC-4895-9AE6-9CF00A1B06B6.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Joy, thank you! Unless something changes significantly, I live at the point where Isaias downgrades from a hurricane to a tropical storm. Still can cause damage, but...

I included a map showing its Projected track. I used a green marker to circle the point where the bright red (hurricane) meets the bright blue (tropical storm).  The line is really one mile North of me, but since I am 3 miles from the coast, I figure it works for me. 

I appreciate you caring! If there is no thunder & lightning, Bindi will most like sleep through it all.🐶

83A8C2D1-9EEC-4895-9AE6-9CF00A1B06B6.jpeg

We have been watching it on the Weather Channel. We have friends who live in Palm Coast Florida that normally pack up their mobile home and take off on a road trip, but they haven't returned our text, so could be in the mountains.

I understand poor Bindi being afraid of thunder and lightening. When we had our precious border collie/blue healer, Mackenzie, the 1st roll of thunder she was in the bed pulling my covers off. I would get up and we would go in the closet and lay down together. In Montana we had saw awesome thunder storms.

Take care!! Be safe!!

Edited by Seasick Sailor
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We have been watching it on the Weather Channel. We have friends who live in Palm Coast Florida that normally pack up their mobile home and take off on a road trip, but they haven't returned our text, so could be in the mountains.

I understand poor Bindi being afraid of thunder and lightening. When we had our precious border collie/blue healer, Mackenzie, the 1st roll of thunder she was in the bed pulling my covers off. I would get up and we would go in the closet and lay down together. In Montana we had saw awesome thunder storms.

Take care!! Be safe!!

Wow, Palm Coast is literally minutes from me. I am South or East of them - depending on which area they are in.  Bless you for comforting Mackenzie!

• Like 3