The Daily for Wednesday Aug 12, 2020

richwmn

today is Middle Childs Day and Truck Driver Day

Lewis's Law of Travel:
    The first piece of luggage out of the chute doesn't belong to anyone, ever.

Meal suggestion for today - California Roll Wraps

Wine of the day - Taylor Fladgate Vintage Port vintage 2016

At Sea Atlantic
Amsterdam destination Rotterdam eta 8/15

At Sea Indian
Eurodam destination Durban eta 8/21
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Durban eta 8/21
Volendam destination Durban eta 8/18
Westerdam destination Mombasa, Kenya eta 8/12

At Sea Pacific
Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) destination Panama Canal, eta 8/13
Ship is currently off Costa Careyes Mexico

Katakolo
Veendam

Limassol
Maasdam

Punta Arenas
Koningsdam
Oosterdam

Rotterdam
Rotterdam - headed for shipyard

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

Singapore Area
Noordam
Zuiderdam

0812Pacific.png

0812Europe.png

0812Indian.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

image.jpeg.bfaa7a37e8ad58fb48c499b6a8be5a2f.jpeg

Fun Logistics Facts & Stats | HGV Alliance UK Ltd

1296 Best Fun With Signs images | Funny signs, Bones funny, Funny ...

Good morning Rich.You are up and at it early. Thank you for our maps and Daily. 

I love all things sushi and will pick some up today. Sounds really good.

I agree on the luggage, although not too long ago we were the first bag off the chute.. then waited 10 more minutes for the 2nd bag to come off.

Hey sisters Ann and Denise! I am the middle child in several instances. I have an older sister, and had a younger brother who has passed away. Also, I am your middle sibling. I am the cream in the oreo😘 Thank you for the pictures Denise of your toast and the picture from your balcony. I have watched that same scenery for almost 30 years. It never gets old.

Thank you Roy for your beautiful pictures and care list. Prayers out to all our friends and family and all victims of the craziness happening in our world today. Thank you Jacqui for the garden pictures. I really look forward to reading the Daily throughout the day.

Everyone take care, wear your masks, pray for peace. Love ya'll

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Happy Hump Day!!  No middle child here, but my sister complains alot about it.  LOL  Thank goodness for the truckers.  Love California rolls, will have to look into that for dinner tonight.  Thank you Rich and Roy for your work in keeping this thread the first and last place I visit each day.  Although most of us have never met IRL we feel like we are family.  This calms me.  Prayers and virtual hugs for all that need them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the daily, Rich.  I have only one (older) brother so I can't relate very well to that.  Thank you to all our truckers who are probably having a tough time with a number of their resources closed due to Covid, but they still get us what we need.

So true on the luggage.  Joy, your last photo reminds me a place near where I grew up where that happened several times.

My meal suggestion,  Orange-Ginger Pork along with Chilled Red Grape and Cranberry Soup, my final dinner on my first Prinsendam cruise.

Today's care list:

Fatcat's MIL

Mrs Vmax

Those in the path of wildfires

The people of Labyrinth Road, Northwest Baltimore.  We have learned that one of the victims was pregnant.

Those affected by wildfires, particularly Colorado

The people of Sturgis, SD

The people of Beiruit

The passengers and crew of Wilderness Adventurer

New Zealand to get to the bottom of and cut off their first community spread of covid in over 100 days

and Krazy Kruizers

Today's celebrations and shout outs

Allen back home

Denise and David back with air conditioning (I think now 3 days until freedom)

Sharon's In-Laws

Front line health workers

Neighbors on Labyrinth road who helped trapped neighbors, including one who helped out while on crutches.

and Rich's dedication.

It's going to be HOT here so I will post a sunrise photo after I finish my walk.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 8

Wow!,  I never knew that all of us who are “middle children” have a special day! 

Most people think of the middle child of 3 siblings. I happen to be the middle child of 9!!!

So true about the luggage. It probably belongs to the person who took mine!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good morning.

Thank you for the Daily Report.

It's my day - I'm a Middle Child.

That quote is so true!

Thanks for the maps.

Sending prayers for everyone on the Care List.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Stay safe, wear a mask.

🥂 Cheers! Enjoy your day!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wandb said:

Wow!,  I never knew that all of us who are “middle children” have a special day! 

Most people think of the middle child of 3 siblings. I happen to be the middle child of 9!!!

So true about the luggage. It probably belongs to the person who took mine!

Wow! 9! Cheers 🥂to you - enjoy your day!

• Like 3

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Denise - what a super pic from your private oasis! Joy, your memes and cartoons are so much fun. Hope Allen is still doing well!

I only have an older natural Sister! But luckily Joy has stepped in to be my Middle Sister - so 🥂 cheers to you, Sis!

Lol at the quote. The meal sounds great. Today’s wine is very highly rated. The LOWEST rating was 96! And it has a price that is out of my range. Here is Wine Spectator’s rating:

WS98
Wine Spectator
This is packed with raspberry, blackberry and blueberry fruit flavors that play off one another, melding with anise, fruitcake and ganache notes. A warm tarry edge coats the finish, revealing an echo of bramble. A seriously grippy, strapping Port, this revels in its power. Best from 2032 through 2055. From Portugal.

Prayers to all on our Care list & 🥂Cheers to all on our celebration list.

And a special thanks to Rich & Roy for maintain our lists! And I am going to add Jacqui @kazufor maintaining the future cruise list. Not very easy to do in the best of times.  Cheers to the three of you!🥂!

Stay well everyone!
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 9

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Love the quote, so true. 
It’s another hot and humid day, supposed to get thunderstorms this afternoon. 
Dinner tonight will be chicken Parmesan and garlic bread. I don’t do sushi but I’m sure my cats would appreciate it 😀

Blessings for all on our lists.

• Like 5

Happy Wednesday everyone!

The partying officially starts today. (Notice I said officially- it’s sort of been building). Today colleagues have scheduled a “walk through” lunch celebration for the 4 of us graduating to retirement. They posted a countdown calendar last week.

Tomorrow we come in and do the final things and check out. So it’s final tomorrow.

image.gif

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I was the little sister when I was adopted (I have an adopted older brother), but when I found my birth family, discovered I was the big sister, as I was the first of 4!   Great quote - I always wonder if the airlines don't just throw a big black bag onto the carousel as a tease.   @Seasick Sailor Great photos; I know where Moose Jaw is - in fact, I used to live 60 miles from there as a child!

I love California rolls, but DH is only lukewarm on them, so I'm going to check the fridge and see what surprises I can come up with for dinner tonight.  And wine.  I've been envious of all the photos people have been showing of their beautiful flowers - we don't have a lot, but this year I bought a couple of dipladenia and have fallen in love with them.  They stand as guardians to the entrance of our deck.  The silver screen area beneath the one on the right is Sochi's "catio" that DH built for her.

image.jpeg.43ea69dd90ce6498c500822606ed00ed.jpeg

image.jpeg.5d56031d2f90ff0c58fe82bc8f683fb0.jpeg

Prayers for all who need them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Be well, stay safe!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

The partying officially starts today. (Notice I said officially- it’s sort of been building). Today colleagues have scheduled a “walk through” lunch celebration for the 4 of us graduating to retirement. They posted a countdown calendar last week.

Tomorrow we come in and do the final things and check out. So it’s final tomorrow.

image.gif

Cheers 🥂 to you! Enjoy these lasting memories & get ready to make some new, amazing ones! 🎉🍾

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

The silver screen area beneath the one on the right is Sochi's "catio" that DH built for her.

Prayers for all who need them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Be well, stay safe!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Ooh, a Catio! I better not show Bindi, she will demand something similar. Though she might just settle for a Greenie.😎

• Like 4

Actually, no sunrise photo today.  This is the sunset after leaving Juneau on the Radiance of the Seas August 12, 2014.  On this trip my brother and his SO were along with me.  They flew home from Anchorage while I stayed in Seward for 2 days and then boarded the Statendam to return to Vancouver.  I like the reflection in the water.

dusk0812.jpg

Roy

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@ger_77 Your flowers look great and your catio is very cool. Does Sochi use it?

Thank you - our yard is lots of greenery with a few shots of colour - these provide some of it.  Yes, Sochi loves the catio - she has free run of our glassed-in deck (the glass opens without any screens), yet she loves sitting behind her screen watching the birds in the yard.  Our city bylaws don't allow cats running at large, so this works very well, as she's a Ragdoll with very few defenses.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

and Krazy Kruizers

Yonnie emailed me last night and asked me to convey her thanks to you for putting her on the Care list and her thanks to everyone on our thread for their prayers.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I was the little sister when I was adopted (I have an adopted older brother), but when I found my birth family, discovered I was the big sister, as I was the first of 4!   Great quote - I always wonder if the airlines don't just throw a big black bag onto the carousel as a tease.   @Seasick Sailor Great photos; I know where Moose Jaw is - in fact, I used to live 60 miles from there as a child!

I love California rolls, but DH is only lukewarm on them, so I'm going to check the fridge and see what surprises I can come up with for dinner tonight.  And wine.  I've been envious of all the photos people have been showing of their beautiful flowers - we don't have a lot, but this year I bought a couple of dipladenia and have fallen in love with them.  They stand as guardians to the entrance of our deck.  The silver screen area beneath the one on the right is Sochi's "catio" that DH built for her.

image.jpeg.43ea69dd90ce6498c500822606ed00ed.jpeg

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Your dipladenia are beautiful 🙂 

Love the Catio 😄 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

image.gif

Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your new beginning 🙂 

• Like 4

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

I never knew there was a day for a middle child.  Doesn’t apply to me but I love the idea.  My brother (RIP) would have appreciated hearing about it. 😞 

That quote sure is true about the luggage.  I swear ours is always the last off even when it is marked “priority”.

Dinner sounds good but I think we will go for regular fish 😉 and wine 😉 although DH would have loved to have the port.

Another lily is blooming 😄 I don’t have a lot because I lost the battle with lily beetles for a number of them.  Still fighting.  Once I am sure they are gone and defeated, I will plant some more to make up for the lost ones.

B08F6737-7092-435F-9971-D521814C6F24.thumb.jpeg.c9bf5367a544d105f106abb55215a827.jpeg

And some more daylilies.

DAC69AA8-0C27-4E45-B657-6EB7936CD591.thumb.jpeg.1b034edd619d5124f9612ed022101cee.jpeg

F3A0C9A5-0DCD-4D8C-8A65-8D6A27CB2471.thumb.jpeg.6eff52b1a2d3ac68b113ff9e09a525c6.jpeg

tiny dahlias and sunpatiens.

E72A1A8A-7F59-43D5-AA2F-0F993545AEA9.thumb.jpeg.42a3dccb4d093313db5ed1ff17a287f7.jpeg

It’s a cooler day here so I was out in the gardens before the sun comes out and makes it hot and humid 😉 

Prayers to all on our Care list and hope everyone stays safe.  Don’t forget your masks.

Have a great day everyone 😄 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, kazu said:

I swear ours is always the last off even when it is marked “priority”.

I think in that context priority must be the most meaningless word ever in the English Language.

Roy

• Like 3
  • Haha 2