Anyone else having problems redeeming future cruise credits?

CineGraphic

We've been issued FCCs for the first of three cruises cancelled so far and twice I've asked my TA to have them applied to an existing reservation for the Fall of 2021.

Both times Princess has said that they need to back-date the FCCs before they can be used.

Since the cruise is so far off, I'm not really worried.....just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

The back date issue has been mentioned before, and Princess is getting much faster at processing the date change when requested.

The FCC usage policy has always been that they need to be used on a newly booked cruise. I don’t understand why Princess didn’t just backdate the FCC’s when they issued them during this Operation Pause, but they didn’t. Maybe they thought there were only going to be a few back date needs/requests.

1 hour ago, CruzinNoony said:

Please explain what the "back date" is.

Since FCCs are only supposed to be used on new bookings. If the FCC was issued 7/20/20, but your reservation was booked on 2/1/20, I believe that they have to backdate the FCC to a date prior to the reservation booking date.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We are having trouble as well.  Those were the exacts words used (back dated) to put our deposit from a Princess cancelled cruise over to a new one I booked when they cancelled the one with the deposit on it. 

They said it had to be processed and now it is in my FCC and they said it had to be backdated and it has been

two weeks since it hit the FCC.   Others on CC said theirs took 5 to 10 days.  

I will write my TA to again to check on it!  Sounds like @Ombud had no trouble at all.  

I am having problems with two cruises that were supposed to have our back dated FCCs applied to them.  Princess incorrectly applied some of our FCCs to one cruise and I have been patiently waiting for Princess to apply the remainder of our FCCs to our second cruise.  I plan to wait until the FCCs for the second cruise are applied before I contact Princess about the first cruise just in case they screw up the second cruise as well. 

2 minutes ago, ROWSE said:

We are having trouble as well.  Those were the exacts words used (back dated) to put our deposit from a Princess cancelled cruise over to a new one I booked when they cancelled the one with the deposit on it. 

They said it had to be processed and now it is in my FCC and they said it had to be backdated and it has been

two weeks since it hit the FCC.   Others on CC said theirs took 5 to 10 days.  

I will write my TA to again to check on it!  Sounds like @Ombud had no trouble at all.  

I am already at the 11 day mark for the second cruise and still waiting.

Our PVP rebooked the cruise we wanted to apply the FCCs to because the price was the same, then she could immediately apply the FCC for us instead of trying to back date the FCC. Hope that makes sense, Andrea.

Edited by andimark
  • Like 1

We are using a TA and the representatives are pretty disappointed with the way Princess is handling the rebooking of our two cruises.  We are using our FCCs and so far, Princess has managed to screw up the first rebooking using our FCCs and we are still waiting for Princess to process the second rebooking using our FCCs.  I thought things would get easier once we got our refund; apparently not.,

I'm curious why you want your FCCs added when your cruises are way in the future and we're still unsure whether we will get to sail or not?
If you apply them now and the cruise gets cancelled aren't you going to have to wait for them to put them back on your account?  We know how long they took to get in the first place!
We put down FCDs for our deposits and we are waiting until final payment to have the FCCs applied rather than doing it now and risk having our sailing cancelled and waiting on them AGAIN!  
Am I missing something?

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 9:06 PM, suzyed said:

I'm curious why you want your FCCs added when your cruises are way in the future and we're still unsure whether we will get to sail or not?
If you apply them now and the cruise gets cancelled aren't you going to have to wait for them to put them back on your account?  We know how long they took to get in the first place!
We put down FCDs for our deposits and we are waiting until final payment to have the FCCs applied rather than doing it now and risk having our sailing cancelled and waiting on them AGAIN!  
Am I missing something?

I wonder about this too. I was going to wait also but I didn't realize about this "back dating" thing.  We booked a September 2021

cruise while we were on the Coral Covid Cruise.  Just assumed we could use our FCC to pay for it.  I guess the problem might be that Princess will stop "back dating" in the future.  I'm not sure what to do.

Cynthia

11 hours ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

I wonder about this too. I was going to wait also but I didn't realize about this "back dating" thing.  We booked a September 2021

cruise while we were on the Coral Covid Cruise.  Just assumed we could use our FCC to pay for it.  I guess the problem might be that Princess will stop "back dating" in the future.  I'm not sure what to do.

Cynthia

What do you mean by "back dating"?

45 minutes ago, suzyed said:

What do you mean by "back dating"?

Using the FCC is supposed to be for a cruise booked after the FCC is issued.

If someone has booked a cruise before the FCC is issued, Princess must manually backdate it so it will be dated before the new cruise was booked so the Princess computer will allow it to be applied.

Not really trying to break Princess rules. If a cruise was cancelled by Princess in May. you might book a replacement one in June for next year, but with FCCs taking 90+ days to be issued it must be backdated to apply to the booking you made in June. Not your fault it takes Princess 90+ days to issue the FCC.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Using the FCC is supposed to be for a cruise booked after the FCC is issued.

If someone has booked a cruise before the FCC is issued, Princess must manually backdate it so it will be dated before the new cruise was booked so the Princess computer will allow it to be applied.

Not really trying to break Princess rules. If a cruise was cancelled by Princess in May. you might book a replacement one in June for next year, but with FCCs taking 90+ days to be issued it must be backdated to apply to the booking you made in June. Not your fault it takes Princess 90+ days to issue the FCC.

Which is why I am waiting to apply mine until final payment.
Are you waiting to actually get your FCCs?  What would prevent you from booking a cruise and just putting the deposit on it and then applying the FCCs when you get them or at final payment? 

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Princess should do what NCL does. You can apply your FCC  to any booking right from the website (using FCC is one of the payment options). It would save Princess all those calls!

Yes, for sure, But why?  If it's cancelled then you have to wait for replacement FCCs?

We waited so long for those FCCs, why are we all so intent on applying them now when there probably will be more cancelled cruises and then have to wait all over again to get them back?

NCL put the FCC in my account within the week. It was the best way to pay off an upcoming 2021 cruise before the full payment was due. I'd rather use FCC right now rather than hard cash.  I am not sure why Princess took much longer to put FCC in our account. Hopefully we will all be sailing again SOON!  

7 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

NCL put the FCC in my account within the week. It was the best way to pay off an upcoming 2021 cruise before the full payment was due. I'd rather use FCC right now rather than hard cash.  I am not sure why Princess took much longer to put FCC in our account. Hopefully we will all be sailing again SOON!  

The only cash I will be paying on my cruise is for taxes, EZairand insurance....

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 8:23 AM, suzyed said:

What would prevent you from booking a cruise and just putting the deposit on it and then applying the FCCs when you get them or at final payment? 

I think you’re still missing the backdating issue. In your example, if I booked a cruise today, and I am still waiting for my FCC to be issued, I cannot apply them in the future because they will be dated after the date I booked the cruise.

If your deposited cruise was booked before the issued date of your FCC’s you will need to have them back-dated now in order to use them in the future on that cruise.