98 Days Later... deposit returned

nini

This info is to inform those who want to know where

their refund is. We just today received our deposit for a cruise that was cancelled

on May 7th. This cruise was to begin on September 9, 2020.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nini said:

This info is to inform those who want to know where

their refund is. We just today received our deposit for a cruise that was cancelled

on May 7th. This cruise was to begin on September 9, 2020.

Better late than never.

• Like 4

I am waiting on a $880 refund from Princess since mid-July. Who knows when I will get it? My Carnival cruise was cancelled last Wednesday and I got the refund today. It was only for $50 so maybe that's why. They wanted to get my little refund out of the way. I'm impressed though!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bollycats said:

I am waiting on a $880 refund from Princess since mid-July. Who knows when I will get it?

Was this a Pause 4 cruise cancellation?

If so, I would not expect them to process refunds until after the decision date (August 31) of FCC vs refund, even if you already told them your preference.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Was this a Pause 4 cruise cancellation?

If so, I would not expect them to process refunds until after the decision date (August 31) of FCC vs refund, even if you already told them your preference.

Yes you are correct. It was for the Enchanted Princess in November.

19 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Better late than never.

Yes; this is just an informative post. I am upset for so many others

and disappointed in how this is being handled by Princess.

Last week we finally received our $650 tax/port fees refund for an April cruise cancelled in March.  We would call both Princess and our TA about once a month just to rattle the cage a little.  Not sure if that helped any, but at least we finally received it! 

14 hours ago, loving goldens said:

we are still waiting on taxes from March 13 cancellation.....  😞

As this was a Pause1 cancellation, check with Princess if they have your taxes in a holding account. My April 12 Ruby sailing was cancelled in March and I requested higher value FCC, eventually received appropriate FCC but my 'taxes' were put in a holding account only Princess can see. Was told I have to request it be refunded, else it is there to use for taxes on a future cruise.

This applies to if you selected higher FCC, else requesting refund should have resulting in your taxes being refunded by now 

10 hours ago, wallyj said:

As this was a Pause1 cancellation, check with Princess if they have your taxes in a holding account. My April 12 Ruby sailing was cancelled in March and I requested higher value FCC, eventually received appropriate FCC but my 'taxes' were put in a holding account only Princess can see. Was told I have to request it be refunded, else it is there to use for taxes on a future cruise.

This applies to if you selected higher FCC, else requesting refund should have resulting in your taxes being refunded by now 

Our TA says it going back on our CC.. Again last week she was dealing with Princess. there is several of her clients waiting... If I did not get the generous FCC I would not be booking with Princess again.. it was to be our first cruise with them... we had a Celebrity cruise cancelled same time ... everything was back by May 15.... 😞

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 12:34 PM, Shaver John said:

Lucky you, we still have not received our refund from March 19th. Oh well, only $7000 who needs that.....oh, we would really like to have it-yes, that was a joke.....

Just curious why you haven’t filed a charge back yet?  Quite simple to do and puts them on your timetable. 

16 hours ago, BLK03GT said:

Just curious why you haven’t filed a charge back yet?  Quite simple to do and puts them on your timetable. 

Thanks for asking. First, the cruise was on the Coral Princess which was to be 32 days, but ended in Argentina after only 18 days. So all we asked for was the part that we did not receive from Argentina to Fort Lauderdale. As we did get part of the cruise we did not feel that the credit card company would be interested. We finally did get almost $2000 back for the airfare we paid from Argentina a few days ago, so now only waiting for a bit over $5000. In Princess defense, we were told yesterday that this has been handled and we should receive very soon. It has been since March 19 so I hope we will receive this week.

5 hours ago, Shaver John said:

Thanks for asking. First, the cruise was on the Coral Princess which was to be 32 days, but ended in Argentina after only 18 days. So all we asked for was the part that we did not receive from Argentina to Fort Lauderdale. As we did get part of the cruise we did not feel that the credit card company would be interested. We finally did get almost $2000 back for the airfare we paid from Argentina a few days ago, so now only waiting for a bit over $5000. In Princess defense, we were told yesterday that this has been handled and we should receive very soon. It has been since March 19 so I hope we will receive this week.

Understand - my card was with Chase and we had received some amount back prior to filing the claim.  I simply explained the original charges and the credits received.  We did the simple math on the phone on what was owed and I had my provisional credit that evening.  From everything I have read, and in my own experience, don't hesitate to call the card provider.  They seem to be truly there to help.  Best of luck to you!

Still waiting for our $5000+ from March 19th. Maybe they just don't have the processing power. Would love to get the money, been a LONG time. Was suppose to be put on my credit card account on Monday, but alas, still not here. Guess the hamster needs to start the wheel moving a little faster. Oh well, at least we still have sunshine......

waiting on double FCC for Thanksgiving cruise cancelled 7/22 ... not too concerned as we will be using ( hopefully ) this FCC for deposit and full cruise fare for a cruise booked 4/2021 ...

Edited by voljeep

12 hours ago, voljeep said:

waiting on double FCC for Thanksgiving cruise cancelled 7/22 ... not too concerned as we will be using ( hopefully ) this FCC for deposit and full cruise fare for a cruise booked 4/2021 ...

Cruises cancelled on 7/22 had an August 31 decision date for refund vs FCC.

So at the best, I would not have expected any cruises from this Pause to start being processed until Sept. 1 and only then if they have caught up with the Pause 3 refunds/FCCs.