Where was I?

34 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

It's funny that there are so may "attractions" right here in my home town and my province and I have rarely or never been to them. Meanwhile we are saving money so we can come to your country.🤔

It is the same in Australia. Most people overseas multiple times before they see anything of Australia😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

It is the same in Australia. Most people overseas multiple times before they see anything of Australia😉

Yes you need to see your homeland first. We visited every state and territory in OZ before we ventured overseas.

20 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes you need to see your homeland first. We visited every state and territory in OZ before we ventured overseas.

I've been to 3 provinces and one territory. I've been to 4 US states and 5 foreign countries. Not much of a world traveler, we hope to travel more and it looks like there is a cross Canada drive in the future but that will probably happen after we retire as that will take at least 5 weeks, more if we drive back instead of flying.

I’ve been to every state and territory of Australia (several times each), but overseas has been limited to NZ and Bali. 

Comes when you marry young, then have health problems, then spend a few years each in full time study, then more health problems. Then more.

I doubt there will be any more countries added to the list, as much as I’d like to, but will get back to a few States again and again I hope.

14 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I've been to 3 provinces and one territory. I've been to 4 US states and 5 foreign countries. Not much of a world traveler, we hope to travel more and it looks like there is a cross Canada drive in the future but that will probably happen after we retire as that will take at least 5 weeks, more if we drive back instead of flying.

I think it should be a law that everyone should do a couple of overseas trips by 25 years old.

Its a big world out there and some have good ideas and some don’t.

Theres more than Victoria Island and sydney suburbs.

51 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I don't agree. Why does it matter what you see at home before seeing what is overseas.? 

Now, people not appreciating what is at home (because they haven't seen it ) is another story.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

We consider ourselves world travellers, but have not been to the Statue of Liberty in NYC. Yet!!  Shameful!!

6 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Yes Lyndon one of those, we didn't go up we just had a look from the visitor center. There was tragedy Not long ago when one of those rolled on the hill, many injured and I think fatalities. It's funny that there are so may "attractions" right here in my home town and my province and I have rarely or never been to them. Meanwhile we are saving money so we can come to your country.🤔

I know the feeling. I can't count the number of times I've been to Sydney and I'm yet to visit the Opera House and never been to Bondi beach.