OK, so you say there is no way we are Sailing, BUT....

soapbxking

So many have said no way we are sailing in November, December, til 2021..  With that Said, I have a NOvember 14 scheduled on Magic.  If they do NOT sail in November or until the 15th(which our 14th would miss)  what is everyone educated guesstimate on when Carnival would call those??

4 hours ago, soapbxking said:

So many have said no way we are sailing in November, December, til 2021..  With that Said, I have a NOvember 14 scheduled on Magic.  If they do NOT sail in November or until the 15th(which our 14th would miss)  what is everyone educated guesstimate on when Carnival would call those??

Anytime between now and November 14.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, soapbxking said:

The day after the final payment deadline.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, skridge said:

The day after the final payment deadline.

I was going to give a HA HA, but there is truth to what you wrote. We did cancel out Princess cruise that we knew could not go, and then Princess cancelled it a week after the original final payment date. (They did move the final payment date a month forward, but there was still a penalty if not paying by the original date.)

13 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I was going to give a HA HA, but there is truth to what you wrote. We did cancel out Princess cruise that we knew could not go, and then Princess cancelled it a week after the original final payment date. (They did move the final payment date a month forward, but there was still a penalty if not paying by the original date.)

Thanks for proving me right.  

A few days before final payment (Aug. 16) for the Magic Nov 13 sailing, I called Carnival and switched my booking deposit to a Nov 14, 2021 sailing.  I didn't want to give Carnival final payment and chance watching it turn into FCC if it gets cancelled.

My guess is that they will give minimal notice when cancelling, since that allows them to hold our cash longer.  Perhaps around Sept 30 or Oct 1, they may give notice of cancellation.  I don't see the virus slowing down in the USA, and I doubt there will be either widespread vaccination or COVID cures available in 2020.

JMO, YMMV.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, evandbob said:

A few days before final payment (Aug. 16) for the Magic Nov 13 sailing, I called Carnival and switched my booking deposit to a Nov 14, 2021 sailing.  I didn't want to give Carnival final payment and chance watching it turn into FCC if it gets cancelled.

My guess is that they will give minimal notice when cancelling, since that allows them to hold our cash longer.  Perhaps around Sept 30 or Oct 1, they may give notice of cancellation.  I don't see the virus slowing down in the USA, and I doubt there will be either widespread vaccination or COVID cures available in 2020.

JMO, YMMV.

thank you for that nice answer.  i tend to agree with you.  if cancelled we need to hurry and book a destination vacation.  Thus the reason for the question!!  Thanks!!

Go back and look at the estimates that posters made in March about resuming cruising.  Not many thought that the virus would still be around now.  Many were looking at a June 1, 2020 resumption.  There was another group adamant about sailing restarting July 1.

Until we get widespread vaccination that works, herd immunity, or a COVID cure, it will not be safe to resume cruising or many other common activities.  If a 2nd virulent wave comes this fall/winter, sailing resumption may not come until the end of 2021.

JMO, YMMV.

9 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

At least it’s accurate!

For real though, expect late to the end of Sept.

haha  indeed.  wish it werent.  if they are going to, i want it sooner...wanting to go refund route and head to cancun :-)  Same dates, NOvember 14

7 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

haha  indeed.  wish it werent.  if they are going to, i want it sooner...wanting to go refund route and head to cancun 🙂 Same dates, NOvember 14

Excellent choice with Cancun -- I spend a lot of time at the JW Marriott there. Ever since the renovation, it's truly been a spectacular property. It's not all inclusive but you can't really have a bad experience.

If you're expecting to use the refund for the new trip though, just be aware it might take up to 90 days to receive it. I still recommend the refund route over the FCC.

1 hour ago, soapbxking said:

haha  indeed.  wish it werent.  if they are going to, i want it sooner...wanting to go refund route and head to cancun 🙂 Same dates, NOvember 14

Might still be a gamble Americans aren't welcome, depending on the state of the virus. I can guarantee it isn't disappearing in early November.

Maldives are open to Americans and a wonderful place, I hear.

48 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Might still be a gamble Americans aren't welcome, depending on the state of the virus. I can guarantee it isn't disappearing in early November.

Maldives are open to Americans and a wonderful place, I hear.

Actually, no gamble at all.  The 2 resorts i am looking that are open adn ready for business now.   NO masks required except for staff