Cabin under the buffet

bubbapuck

I am going on the Sun Princess in July to Alaska. I have a cabin on the 12th floor which is directly below the buffet. I really like the cabin location we are in but am concerned about the noise from up above. 

does anyone have any experience with cabins under the buffet on a princess ship, especially the Sun?

thanks!

9 hours ago, bubbapuck said:

I am going on the Sun Princess in July to Alaska. I have a cabin on the 12th floor which is directly below the buffet. I really like the cabin location we are in but am concerned about the noise from up above. does anyone have any experience with cabins under the buffet on a princess ship, especially the Sun? thanks!

A lot of times, we have cabins under the buffet or pool deck with no real issues. Is there going to be some undisciplined kid running around from time to time, sure. Would it cause us not to recommend a room, no... every room has the potential for noisy neighbors above, below and to the sides. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Cabin number would help in providing an answer.

In general, if under the seating area (which has a rug), not much of a problem.

If under the kitchen area, can be lots of nosie when they set up early in the day.

Good point. I am in cabin R315. 

CF08AADA-BDC7-4228-9AF9-1B6E719F46D6.png

From above, it almost looks like you could be ok, but it is a public deck so, you never can be too sure.  I would actually be worried about what is below you and what is right beside you in that location.  With all those factors combined, I would never book that particular cabin.  It just looks like there can be many sources of noise and no sleep.  

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I would actually be worried about what is below you and what is right beside you in that location.  With all those factors combined, I would never book that particular cabin.  It just looks like there can be many sources of noise and no sleep.  

So very true. We booked an inside cabin once ( a long story) and unfortunately, it was VERY loud due to being surrounded

by an engine room/chimney pipes. BEWARE of those blank spaces is the lesson learned.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nini said:

So very true. We booked an inside cabin once ( a long story) and unfortunately, it was VERY loud due to being surrounded

by an engine room/chimney pipes. BEWARE of those blank spaces is the lesson learned.

We were in one that looked very innocuous once ... it was on the Aloha deck smack dab under the pool.  Well, noisiest room ever.  There was a pipe to fill the hot tub and pool right behind our headboard.  It shook the entire wall of our cabin every time it turned on and off.  They tried to tell us it was the wind ... maybe they thought it was our first cruise and that we'd believe that nonsense excuse.  We finally were able to get engineering in there in the middle of the night while it was happening.  There were no other available cabins for us to move into but, they did agree to adjust the filling schedule and that was that.  Afterwards, it was perfectly quiet.  But, if it is under, over or beside a prep or mechanical area ... be prepared for a lot of noise.  

The only other room we had that was that bad was under the Trident Grill ... never again!!!  It was a sleepless cruise for the entire sailing.  

Cruise Raider- we also did not get a lot of sleep next to the engine room

and/or steam chimneys. We only booked it last minute to be with my

sister and her hubby. Our favorite cabins were either booked or the price

was crazy. Never again!

• Like 1

Had one cabin on the deck below the buffet and was a bit concerned but it was a good price.   I picked a balcony down towards the exit heading out towards the pool.    Did not have any issues with noise.   We did feel a bit more movement being higher up in the ship. And it was a great location to only have to walk up one deck to the buffet which we like at night.   Prettty good views from the balcony being higher up.   

First cruise on Princess sometime ago we had a cabin under the buffet.  It was all good with little noise if any until about midnight when the crew came in to clean the floors moving chairs and tables around to clear the area.  It went on for over an hour before they had put the tables and chairs back in place.  Big mistake! 

We went to the future cruise consultant to book the same cruise the next year and told him where our cabin was and the problems we had.  He did not seem surprised and advised us to pick a different deck.  The next cruise we were one deck lower and much quieter at midnight.  

It is not just the noise during the day but more the noise at night as the cleaning crew comes in to clean the room for the next day.  We were on the Grand and it was our second lifetime cruise.   

• Like 1

You might be okay with that cabin, but I surely wouldn't risk it. I booked us in a cabin under the buffet kitchen once, and once was way more than enough. You wouldn't be directly under the kitchen, but you'd be under the serving area (I think) and way too close to being under the kitchen to suit me. Go down a deck or two. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Just remember what I’m telling you.  Don’t Do It.  My friend had a cabin under the buffet and was up every day at 5:00 am.😳
Tony

That's about the time they come through and place (read drop) the chairs on the floor.

45 minutes ago, TheRabbit said:

That's about the time they come through and place (read drop) the chairs on the floor.

Hi Rabbit,

I love it your right again Bugs.  I hope all is well with you and your family. 
Your Pal,

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

7 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Rabbit,

I love it your right again Bugs.  I hope all is well with you and your family. 
Your Pal,

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Everyone is great. Just lost our Sky cruise to the Crown though. Now trying to find a replacement. Got me back looking at some of the Princess posts.

How has the row boat been?

John

12 minutes ago, TheRabbit said:

Everyone is great. Just lost our Sky cruise to the Crown though. Now trying to find a replacement. Got me back looking at some of the Princess posts.

How has the row boat been?

John

Hi Rabbit,

We been cruising all summer on The Rowboat. No leaks so it’s OK.
Tony

CFA84E02-7F3F-493E-A65F-4826142313A2.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Rabbit,

We been cruising all summer on The Rowboat. No leaks so it’s OK.
Tony

Glad to hear it. We have been going to our personal spa (cabin in Idyllwild). Just haven't figured out how to reach the room steward to complain about the beds not being made, and the meals are never on our table in the MR and not a waiter in sight.