New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

2 minutes ago, Suncoastsailors said:

RCCL is posting on Adventure of the Seas a 4 day RT cruise from Galveston on 4/26/2021 and then a 7 day RT from Copenhagen on May 9 2021. This is not likely and it makes the leaked news article more believable. Surely RCCL will need to address this soon since it is obvious the schedules do not jive.    

TA with no stops🤔

7 hours ago, Suncoastsailors said:

RCCL is posting on Adventure of the Seas a 4 day RT cruise from Galveston on 4/26/2021 and then a 7 day RT from Copenhagen on May 9 2021. This is not likely and it makes the leaked news article more believable. Surely RCCL will need to address this soon since it is obvious the schedules do not jive.    

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

TA with no stops🤔

According to the press release,  Adventure will sail from Barcelona, and not Copenhagen. 

14 hours ago, HicksRA said:

If Jewel is changing from Amsterdam to Copenhagen, I’m wondering if its TA from Galveston will go there instead of Adventure. It’s currently scheduled as a 16 night to Barcelona with a following 9 night to Amsterdam.  I’m booked on both. 

I am booked on both too and I am so glad I hadn't booked my flights yet!

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I am booked on both too and I am so glad I hadn't booked my flights yet!

We are booked on the April Adventure TA also and are expecting a cancellation or major itinerary change. 

In addition we have B3B sailings on Rhapsody in October 2021 followed by the October Vision TA from Barcelona. We're getting prepared for lots of changes and phone calls and are glad that we hadn't yet booked airfare for any of these cruises. Hopefully there will be some type of announcement soon so people will be able to adjust their plans. 

Adventure 

April 21st transatlantic 

Galveston to Copenhagen 

May 9th cruises commence from Copenhagen 

June 27th Cruises commence from Stockholm

August 5th Cruises again from Copenhagen

October 14th Transatlantic to Miami from Southampton 

Or at least this is what I’m being told 

I called RCCL today about our 7 day RT May 23 2021 on Adventure of Seas out of Copenhagen. The agent admitted that this same ship is also scheduled for a May 27 2021 out of Barcelona. I expect an announcement soon on these changes. He said the announcement was not ready at this time.  What a mess. By the way I did book airfare using frequent flyer miles and with multiple COVID cancellations have never been charged a rebooking fee.  

4 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Adventure 

April 21st transatlantic 

Galveston to Copenhagen 

Time will tell, and hopefully soon!

5 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Adventure 

April 21st transatlantic 

Galveston to Copenhagen 

Sorry but this can not be correct per RCCL own website. Something needs to change. 

13 minutes ago, Suncoastsailors said:

I called RCCL today about our 7 day RT May 23 2021 on Adventure of Seas out of Copenhagen. The agent admitted that this same ship is also scheduled for a May 27 2021 out of Barcelona. I expect an announcement soon on these changes. He said the announcement was not ready at this time.  What a mess. By the way I did book airfare using frequent flyer miles and with multiple COVID cancellations have never been charged a rebooking fee.  

Sure looks like confirmation that Adventure will indeed move its cruises to Barcelona. 

13 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

That’s correct it’s been confirmed the transatlantic 12 nights with two ports of call.

Lisbon on the 17th  and Nassau on the 25th

That's an October 2021 Transatlantic cruise out of Southampton - or at least it was.

Adventure's eastbound Transatlantic isn't showing up on RCI's web site.

Edited by NancyIL

Just now, Norwich Cruiser said:

It is definitely for sale on the U.K. site also on a certain USA big box site 

Adventure's 18-night TA is on my travel agency's web site, too. However, according to RCI's released and then deleted press release (see post #1) - Adventure and Jewel are swapping home ports in summer 2021. Adventure will sail from Barcelona, and Jewel will sail from Copenhagen and Stockholm.

Reread post #108. Suncoastsailors is booked on a 7-night May 23 Adventure cruise out of Copenhagen. The RCI agent admitted Adventure is also scheduled for a May 27 cruise out of Barcelona. Think about it!

There no sailings showing for September 2021 at all, which is strange. We are meant to be sailing on Vision from Barcelona on a 12 night cruise.  The release only mentions Adventure doing 4 and 5 night trips, I am hoping that they are still finalising the September itinerary to include what should be our cruise.

4 minutes ago, champagnebarfly said:

There no sailings showing for September 2021 at all, which is strange. We are meant to be sailing on Vision from Barcelona on a 12 night cruise.  The release only mentions Adventure doing 4 and 5 night trips, I am hoping that they are still finalising the September itinerary to include what should be our cruise.

This is what the press release said about Vision:

Vision of the Seas¸ previously planned to sail from Barcelona, will sail from San Juan, Puerto Rico and offer 7-night Southern Caribbean itineraries to exotic destinations like Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis; St. Johns, Antigua; Castries, St. Lucia; and Bridgetown, Barbados.

It appears that RCI is cutting back on their Europe sailings and increasing the Caribbean ones.

Edited by NancyIL

1 minute ago, NancyIL said:

Vision of the Seas¸ previously planned to sail from Barcelona, will sail from San Juan, Puerto Rico and offer 7-night Southern Caribbean itineraries to exotic destinations like Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis; St. Johns, Antigua; Castries, St. Lucia; and Bridgetown, Barbados.

I wish Royal would stop playing games.  They let the cat out of the bag on Friday, so let everyone know what is going to happen.  I have four cruises on the Brilliance next summer and I would appreciate knowing if I need to change them.

• Like 2

I will be very sad as I specifically picked Brilliance due to it being a smaller ship.  Also, due to a bad fall and 2 surgeries I missed a family cruise to Aruba and Curacao.  So I was really looking forward to this cruise in June, not to mention we got it at a steal!  I hope we hear soon. 

5 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

It appears that RCI is cutting back on their Europe sailings and increasing the Caribbean ones.

Well if that is the case I will be really disappointed in RCI. I know it is now irrelevant now due to this years pandemic, but we originally booked to go on Indy this year until Royal decided not to send  her to Southampton and leave her in the US. There was no other ship sent, presumably because there wasn't one. If it happens again then it may be the end for us. We are hoping that by next year cruising will have resumed, but who knows. We have been loyal to Royal so far, but it might be the last straw.

• Like 1

Just now, WeMissSeaView said:

I wish Royal would stop playing games.  They let the cat out of the bag on Friday, so let everyone know what is going to happen.  I have four cruises on the Brilliance next summer and I would appreciate knowing if I need to change them.

Yep - they know that we know! I called RCI about 30 minutes ago to ask where Jewel would be in late May. (We are on a Jewel British Isles cruise.) The CS rep said the press release was "wrong" - and Jewel would still cruise from Amsterdam. I told him that I could understand the press release being sent out too early, but not that the ship information was wrong.

• Thanks 1

If true then I like many people will be cussing to myself for losing a good price and room selection on the Adv from Copenhagen.

I like the Jewel, but wondering how my cheap solo on Adv will translate on Jewel. Also will I get to sail to Visby and Riga still.

So for now I just have to say CRAP....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

If true then I like many people will be cussing to myself for losing a good price and room selection on the Adv from Copenhagen.

I like the Jewel, but wondering how my cheap solo on Adv will translate on Jewel. Also will I get to sail to Visby and Riga still.

So for now I just have to say CRAP....

The only ports mentioned on the Press Release for Jewel out of Copenhagen/Stockholm are Helsinki, Tallinn, and Visby. That doesn't necessarily mean those are the only ports the ship will visit. If you have a Baltic cruise booked on Adventure, then hopefully Jewel will have a similar itinerary.

On the other hand, Jewel originally had 2 British Isles cruises in May and July from Amsterdam, and I'm doubtful those will happen if the ship sails from Copenhagen or Stockholm.