New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

22 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

I can only dream this was true. I don't think you can honestly reach anyone at RCL that knows what is going on. The post was definitely about summer 2021. Whether or not it will all happen the way it was stated in that "press release" remains to be seen. I don't have much confidence in our British Isles 12 night on Jewel happening... I've started looking into alternate plans. 

I went back and you are right, it specifically referred to Summer 2021, but they pulled it down (at least the first time I went to look at it). 

• Like 1

When I spoke with Rudy @ RCL, I felt somewhat reassured, but the gist is, none of them really know the truth. But right now, our June cruise 2021? I'll just hold off on airfare purchases until I know for certain what is happening. And, no excursions booked yet either.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, johnjen said:

When I spoke with Rudy @ RCL, I felt somewhat reassured, but the gist is, none of them really know the truth. But right now, our June cruise 2021? I'll just hold off on airfare purchases until I know for certain what is happening. And, no excursions booked yet either.

Look at Air2Sea for airfare.  Lots of refundable fares and you don't pay until final

53 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Air2Sea for the 8/5 Adventure cruise shows fares that are “Refundable With fees.” Do you know how much those fees would be? 

I don’t think fees come into play until after final.

Then its most likely the typical airline change flight fees

I'm waiting until more choices show up

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johnjen said:

I was already thinking of trying to shift to a 2022 British Isles cruise, but if they cancel now it won't be possible. Very frustrating for sure.

2 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I was already thinking of trying to shift to a 2022 British Isles cruise, but if they cancel now it won't be possible. Very frustrating for sure.

Agree! But I have read that we can only do a L&S one time? I hope that isn't true. We thought of doing the same thing because of the outlook of future cruising with this "new normal" attitude none of us really want.

2 minutes ago, johnjen said:

Agree! But I have read that we can only do a L&S one time? I hope that isn't true. We thought of doing the same thing because of the outlook of future cruising with this "new normal" attitude none of us really want.

I'm not sure about how many time you can L&S... but I don't see why they wouldn't. 

This would be our first time to Europe, and I don't want to go and not be sure that we will be able to do what we want to do and really enjoy the trip. It's a very long cruise and a lot of money to not have a great trip.

30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I don’t think fees come into play until after final.

Then its most likely the typical airline change flight fees

I'm waiting until more choices show up

27 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

It was $200 pp the last time I booked with A2S. 

Thank you!

13 hours ago, jtintex said:

image.png.5428bfbe05bacbd2aca23fae975ae363.png

After latest exchange.

It's funny because the message only says the notice was released in error, not that the info in the notice was in error.  It also says Brilliance will not move, but we'll contact you directly if it does.  Sounds to me like they are definitely considering it. 

3 minutes ago, The Grumpus said:

It's funny because the message only says the notice was released in error, not that the info in the notice was in error.  It also says Brilliance will not move, but we'll contact you directly if it does.  Sounds to me like they are definitely considering it. 

Right!? We'll contact you as soon as a decision is made....  We'll see how it goes but I wouldn't bet against it.

I just recently (first time using cruise air) booked air for my British Isles July 30th on X using Flights By Celebrity. All air they now book is refundable and it can be cancelled before final payment and completely refunded after final if ship cancels, but the best thing is no payment until final is due. I just was able to cancel and re-book due to a drop in published air rates, again no fee I can do this as many times as I wish.

I was originally going to book the RCI (my preferred) British Isles for July but I ended up with a better deal with X..So glad I did especially seeing how many of you are unsure that cruise is going to sail and if so with some possible change in departure city.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We booked JS for all in $1988 with sr and D discount.  Cursing myself for not taking the extra 5 minutes to book a os or gs when I saw the low prices yesterday.  But a JS at this price is still a great deal.

Told my brother and his wife last night and they booked the same early this morning.

See you all there!!

Too bad. We could of had a CC party in the SL. 

• Like 1

I was just checking the Aug. 5 Adventure sailing again on my travel agency's online site, and got this message: "Error...Sorry, there are no available fares or categories for this sailing." Then I went to RCI's web site and got this: "Oops, something went wrong. There was a problem loading your sailing, please go back to Cruise Search and select another sailing."

Did it sell out due to its low price, or did RCI remove it because it won't be sailing that itinerary?

**Just checked RCI's site again, and the only August 2021 Adventure cruise listed is the 7-night from Copenhagen on August 31.

Edited by NancyIL

I don't see my Brilliance July 3rd cruise any more either (but it still shows in my planner) .  If I go into 'find a cruise' and select Jun through August of next summer it comes up with no cruises at all for Indy, Vision, Jewel and Grandeur.  And just 2 for Brilliance at the end of August and one for Adventure, also the end of August.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Grumpus said:

HA! Not moving to Italy but it is moving to Tampa. See new post with the info.

12 hours ago, little britain said:

Yeah, because they really write such long lengthy detailed itinerary and ship specific press releases “in error”.... 🤷‍♀️🤔🤭🤐

Looks like it’s official now....but only 5 ships 

Edited by little britain