New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

We had lifted and shifted from a 11/20 Rhapsody to a 10/21 Jewel TA when the November cruise got cancelled. Being booked in a RS doing lift and shift was difficult to keep the same category..now that one is cancelled too...this is starting to get ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

We had a 10 might Iberian peninsula cruise on JOS cancelled in Sept 21. 
The email talks about listening to feedback and market reach. Anyone know the real reason for the changes?

Yeah that paragraph is a joke.  First the "feedback & market research" stuff, then it drifts into "public health, science and engineering...".    Huh?

1 hour ago, Scottee25 said:

Received our letter about an hour ago that our Adventure TA to Copenhagen has officially been cancelled. They are only offering $100 OBC for Interior/Oceanview and $200 OBC for Balcony/Suite if we transfer to another ship by October 31, 2020. Not really a big incentive, in my opinion, to transfer the reservation.

Most my Canceled Cruises, no OBC offered. Think only one of 10 and that's if I pick the only Alt offered by them

Edited by ONECRUISER

39 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

We had a 10 might Iberian peninsula cruise on JOS cancelled in Sept 21. 
The email talks about listening to feedback and market reach. Anyone know the real reason for the changes?

Pretty sure it's what I posted:

1 hour ago, andreasfcb said:

Reading into the matter, I now understand their plan is to reduce the length of the individual cruises. From their point of view it is less likely that people get sick onboard of a < 7 night cruise if you consider the incubation time. This must be why they canceled the Jewel cruises (mostly 12 nighters) and also the Adventure ones. They moved Adventure to the Mediterranean for very short cruises. Speaking about the Baltics cruise, I imagine that they will cancel the Russian ports due to travel restrictions. It is much easier to travel within EU borders these days.

12 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

Wasn't RCCL offering people like 125% FFC when they were cancelling cruises earlier in the year?

Nope, some mine dont even offer that. Money back only option:

We know this news is disappointing, and we're sorry for the impact to your vacation. As a result of this unexpected change, we'll be providing you with the following:

• A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
  • Any pre-paid amenities will be refunded to the original form of payment.
    • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after we cancel your reservation. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • And, if you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

Okay, my email from RCL makes me so mad! Their offer is ridiculous... shouldn't we be getting 125% FCC offer since our cruise is completely cancelled? They are offering a full refund, thank goodness... and a lousy $200 OBC if we book another European cruise that sails by the end of October 2021. Not cool!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Okay, my email from RCL makes me so mad! Their offer is ridiculous... shouldn't we be getting 125% FCC offer since our cruise is completely cancelled? They are offering a full refund, thank goodness... and a lousy $200 OBC if we book another European cruise that sails by the end of October 2021. Not cool!

I suspect RCI already had too many FCCs out there and not enough cruises to apply them to. The October 31 date is the deadline next month to book a new cruise in order to get the OBC.

Edited by NancyIL

4 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I suspect RCI already had too many FCCs out there and not enough cruises to apply them to. The October 31 date is the deadline next month to book a new cruise in order to get the OBC.

Thanks, I read it too fast. I still think it's a lousy deal

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Nope, they stopped giving even that on some my Cancellations almost 2 months ago

Edited by ONECRUISER

Just now, ONECRUISER said:

Nope, they stopped getting even that on some my Cancellations almost 2 months ago

Well, I guess I will start looking for 2022 British Isles cruises to be released in a couple months and hope I can score the rooms we want. Or maybe we should just do a land trip to Europe...

1 minute ago, erinsmom03 said:

Well, I guess I will start looking for 2022 British Isles cruises to be released in a couple months and hope I can score the rooms we want. Or maybe we should just do a land trip to Europe...

Understand, everyone of my original 18 Cruises had my choice Cabin and location with most Booked the day, the hour they were opened... My Favorite Season, loose some sleep at times but worth it. Been doing it for dozen years now...

10 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Understand, everyone of my original 18 Cruises had my choice Cabin and location with most Booked the day, the hour they were opened... My Favorite Season, loose some sleep at times but worth it. Been doing it for dozen years now...

We just returned to RCL last year after doing Disney/Universal/Disney cruises for years. So I had to learn a new way of doing things while planning that cruise. Everything went so well... I pulled off booking the rooms we wanted before you could book them online. Oh well... on to the next adventure right?

20 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

I feel really bad for you. All that planning and anticipation. 

• Like 1

There goes our cruise, June 21st, Baltic. Cancelled. Actually breathed a sigh of relief although I was a bit surprised from the email. Getting a full refund. I think we're done with cruising for at least another two years. But HOPEFULLY we will be able to at least travel to the UK instead where I will visit my father in Scotland and start the search for where we are to retire. So far it's Devon or the Welsh coast, so....cheers everyone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scottee25 said:

Wasn't RCCL offering people like 125% FFC when they were cancelling cruises earlier in the year?

Yes they were when our May 3, 2020 was cancelled. We were offered 125% FCC and took it, applied it to a 2021 cruise then did a L/S to 2022. Worked out great for our extended family group of 10....3 cabins so we went from the original JS's to three one bedroom GS's. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Oh my...So sorry...I know you were looking forward to your July cruise.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for my July 30th British Isles on X.