Princess Ships Sold

trbarton

I am also part of the group that is left hanging because the Sun has been sold. Being proactive and finding an alternative cruise for the same time period but I wish Princess would let their cruisers know the same time they let the Travel Agents know. Oh well. First world problems I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

P&O Oceana -> now Queen of the Oceans for Seajets

HAL Maasdam -> buyer unannounced
HAL Veendam -> buyer unannounced

WHO'S #18??

Ombud, not my intention to correct, but to assist to complete your list.  Thank you for your work. I follow these developments with interest. Crew Center reports that the Maasdam and Veendam have also been purchased by Seajets in addition to the Oceana. 

Celestyal, Fred Olsen and Seajets are not part of Carnival Corp, but with then, I lose track as to whether transfers within Carnival count as part of the 18.

The 18th? P&O Aus. as the red-headed stepchild of the Carnival group, gets the hand-me-downs. Pure speculation, something will transfer to them and the Pacific Explorer, a Sun class, will go. 

We too have been left uncertain by the Sun's sale.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Thanks 2

THANK YOU @mtnesterz!! This is not 'my' list but our list!! Correcting. Also I purposely do not track transfers within CCL lines as I (personally) am only interested in sales that add cash. I have too much tied up in FCC and gift cards. Yes, I understand that I would have gone by now anyway and I don't spend more than I can afford, but still ~~~~~

Added: CSSC is looking to add another ship. What's the smallest one in CCL lines?? Is that one also the least profitable?

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 12:23 PM, drsel said:

Sun princess was sold to the Japan non-profit organisation called Peace Boat.

It will be renamed Pacific World.

The future of Sea Princess is unknown.

emails have already been sent to travel agents saying that the company has sold both ships and both will soon be leaving the fleet.

passengers currently booked on future sailings will receive separate emails about the cancellation.

Question...Why are these 2 ships still listed as available to book?  

Tom😎

• Thanks 1

Tom[emoji41]
while the sun princess may be soon transferred to peace boat, there is no date mentioned for Sea Princess.
None of us know when the Sea Princess will be sold.
So they will still sell cabins and collect deposits, because they need the cash.

4 hours ago, trbarton said:

Tom😎

Because it's not official yet.  They apparently retracted the notice sent to TAs about the sale of the Sun and said it was in error.  It's likely that they just jumped the gun on notification but as the old saying goes, it ain't over til it's over!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because it's not official yet.  They apparently retracted the notice sent to TAs about the sale of the Sun and said it was in error.  It's likely that they just jumped the gun on notification but as the old saying goes, it ain't over til it's over!
What about Sea Princess

15 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

Is any one else finding that they have to sign in every time they try to read the posts?. It happens even when I link to a post from an e.mail CC sends to me!!!

13 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

It's 50-50 for me when trying to open up a roll call link in an email even though I have already posted on that roll call.  Haven't seen this mentioned by anyone (but you) so figured it was  just my computer being stubborn.

Also happening to me.

I have not had any problem with staying logged in to see roll calls.  The only time I have to log back in is after the computer has rebooted itself due to an automatic update.  I am using a tower computer if that makes any difference that stays up all the time. 

20 hours ago, Ombud said:

Well 17 are gone. 5 to scrap with 4 already being dismantled, 12 to other lines. Several have already listed them as available for bookings. 

Gone not transferred within CCL:
Costa Atlantica -> CSSC Carnival Cruise Shipping (60% Chinese stockholders)
Costa Mediterranea -> CSSC Carnival Cruise Shipping (60% Chinese stockholders)
Costa neoRomantica -> Celestyal Cruises - renamed Experience 
HAL Amsterdam -> Fred Olsen - renamed Bolette
HAL Rotterdam -> Fred Olsen - renamed Borealis
P&O Oceana -> now Queen of the Oceans for Seajets
Sun Princess > Peace ships to replace Ocean Dream & The Zenith

Scrapped: 
Costa Victoria 
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Inspiration 
Carnival Fascination 
Carnival Imagination 

Announced but buyer unknown:

HAL Maasdam -> buyer unannounced
HAL Veendam -> buyer unannounced

P&O Aus Pacific Aria -> 
P&O Aus Pacific Dawn -> 
Sea Princess > 

WHO'S #18??

Thanks for the info. It is amazing in this cruise world  climate that any line would be looking to expand their fleet!

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Also happening to me.

I am out of town using a chromebook . It started about 3 weeks ago and is annoying! It will be interesting to see if it continues after I return to my tower computer at home.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, drsel said:

Are you missing out Costa neo Riviera?

Costa neoRiviera became AIDAmira last December (still part of the corporation) 

35 minutes ago, ChC said:

Look through this thread, it seems AIDAmira has gone from AIDA fleet page.

AIDAmira has been officially welcomed as their newest addition with bookings available. https://aida.de/finden?adults=2&juveniles=0&children=0&ship=AIDAmira&regionID=ALL

But there are list updates:

56 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

HAL Maasdam -> Seajets Aegean Myths
HAL Veendam -> Seajets Aegan Majesty 

Announced but buyer unknown:

POAU Pacific Aria -> 
POAU Pacific Dawn -> 
Sea Princess > 

Now wondering if the move towards / Princess' desire to have only medallion vessels will have a newer one going to CSSC. After all that JV has 14b in cash and is looking for a 3rd ship (rumor has it). Or maybe it is the POAU Pacific Explorer (old Dawn Princess 1997)

Edited by Ombud

Now wondering if the move towards / Princess' desire to have only medallion vessels will have a newer one going to CSSC. After all that JV has 14b in cash and is looking for a 3rd ship (rumor has it). Or maybe it is the POAU Pacific Explorer (old Dawn Princess 1997)
I have a Sea Princess booking end April 2021.
Do you think they will sell it before that?

21 minutes ago, drsel said:

I have a Sea Princess booking end April 2021.
Do you think they will sell it before that?

If not they'll give you OBC to accept the shift to a new ship. If it was me, I would not cancel. But I would not pay it off until final payment date no matter what

• Like 1

If not they'll give you OBC to accept the shift to a new ship. If it was me, I would not cancel. But I would not pay it off until final payment date no matter what

Don't worry, I don't think anyone pays much before final payment date.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drsel said:
3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Don't worry, I don't think anyone pays far before final payment date.

On another thread (think it was gift card refund thread) someone just said that they paid in full to get 10% off. Not me