The Daily for Friday Sep 25, 2020

richwmn

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Your guide must not have been a true Malagueño (or Malagueña) as Los Boquerones (Los Blanquiazules) are well followed in the Malaga area.  There best season was the 2011/2012 season, which was shortly after the club was purchased by Shiek Abdullah Al Thani in 2010.  He spent a lot of money on players and they qualified for European Champions League and were within minutes of reaching the semi finals when a terrible refereeing decision meant they lost to FC Dortmund.

Since then they lost their top players and Al Thani lost interest.  Now they play in La Segunda (second division just below La Liga).

OK I admit to being a fan of the club!

Now back to normal programming.........

While I enjoy watching football, I must admit I don't follow it too closely. We have our own team in St Paul; Minnesota United FC, aka The Loons, (https://www.mnufc.com/) with a new stadium close to where we live. They were a pretty hot ticket prior to the virus mess. I haven't managed to get to a game yet.

How is Mrs VMax doing? Please give her our best wishes!

• Like 4

I love koalas!  These two were at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane.  I'm having trouble with the choose "files option" so will attempt it with a photo url.   Please let me know if it's not working for you.

enhance

Tonight we will make an attempt to make pizza from a recipe a friend sent us this week.  I hope it works out because the recipe sounds soooo good!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, kazu said:

They look great.. 👍 

DH likes poblano peppers even though they aren’t really hot.  I had no luck finding seeds this year though.

Thank you Jacqui. My poblanos aren’t big enough yet but if they do finally get bigger I can send you some seeds.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you Jacqui. My poblanos aren’t big enough yet but if they do finally get bigger I can send you some seeds.  

Thanks.  That is very kind of you, Sharon. ❤️ 

I’m not sure if we are allowed to ship seeds across the border.  I know we are forbidden to bring in seeds from a lot of countries.  I’ll need to check.  I sure wouldn’t want to get you (or me) in trouble 😉 

I looked too late this year.  I wasn’t going to do seeds until I realized the writing was on the wall for my spring TA.  Next year we are not going until Fall so I will definitely be seed city again 😉 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I love koalas!  These two were at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane.  I'm having trouble with the choose "files option" so will attempt it with a photo url.   Please let me know if it's not working for you.

enhance

Tonight we will make an attempt to make pizza from a recipe a friend sent us this week.  I hope it works out because the recipe sounds soooo good!

Great pic of those two 😉 

• Like 2

Thanks Rich, Roy, and all the posters who add the beautiful pictures and comments....this is the best place to start my day, and I keep coming back during the day to see who's added more!

I finally found a sunset picture from one of our cruises - this was as we left Newport in 2010 on our Canada/New England cruise on the Eurodam.

Hope everyone is doing well, staying healthy and keeping their social distances.  The better we do with this the sooner we can cruise again!

Have a wonderful evening,

Laura

DSCN4484.JPG

• Like 14

29 minutes ago, kplady said:

Thanks Rich, Roy, and all the posters who add the beautiful pictures and comments....this is the best place to start my day, and I keep coming back during the day to see who's added more!

I finally found a sunset picture from one of our cruises - this was as we left Newport in 2010 on our Canada/New England cruise on the Eurodam.

Hope everyone is doing well, staying healthy and keeping their social distances.  The better we do with this the sooner we can cruise again!

Have a wonderful evening,

Laura

DSCN4484.JPG

USA - Rhode Island - Newport Harbor Light #2.JPG

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks.  That is very kind of you, Sharon. ❤️ 

I’m not sure if we are allowed to ship seeds across the border.  I know we are forbidden to bring in seeds from a lot of countries.  I’ll need to check.  I sure wouldn’t want to get you (or me) in trouble 😉 

I looked too late this year.  I wasn’t going to do seeds until I realized the writing was on the wall for my spring TA.  Next year we are not going until Fall so I will definitely be seed city again 😉 

Good point, I hadn’t thought of that.  Not sure if it is still done but back when we did more road trips we had to stop at the AZ/CA state border to declare any fruit.  No bugs or pests allowed.  So I’m sure the same holds true between countries. 

• Like 2

Greetings to all!   

I had a Tommy come visit me, but he was in the bathroom.  Not for long, though.

As good as today's meal suggestions sound, we are celebrating the first day of vacation (sort of) that is replacing our cruise to Norway.   My sister arrived this afternoon and on Monday we will head for Salt Fork State Park.  This was our celebration tonight:

Seafood boil.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good point, I hadn’t thought of that.  Not sure if it is still done but back when we did more road trips we had to stop at the AZ/CA state border to declare any fruit.  No bugs or pests allowed.  So I’m sure the same holds true between countries. 

I’ll check our customs regulations.  I know some seeds are permitted but the rules are pretty strict.  I really appreciate the kind offer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Doing good, thanks Fred.  Surgery scheduled for 3 weeks time. Looking, thinking and feeling positive!

C.

that is really good to hear 🙂. Do let us know how she makes out please?  We are all hoping for nothing but the best results and a very quick recovery 🙏🏻 

• Like 3