All Carnival cruises cancelled until December 17th!

Ryanryanryan

Speculation based on port operations I honestly doubt any November sailings just based on ability to get all proper certifications, inspection and crew with all the restrictions and limitations internationally. Sad because we had a Thanksgiving Cruise planned. Possibly a few sometime in December if for no other reason than to be able to say they were up and running in 2020. I suppose only time will tell.

It's being reported in several news sources that Carnival has, indeed, cancelled all cruises through 2020 except a select few sailing from Port Canaveral and Miami. If your sailing is from Miami or Port Canaveral you technically still have a chance, although Carnival is offering some perks if you decide to cancel before they do.

https://news.wgcu.org/2020-10-05/carnival-cancels-most-2020-u-s-cruises-as-cdc-extends-ban

https://thepointsguy.com/news/norwegian-oceania-cruises-canceled-november/

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1

We are scheduled to sail from P.C. on the Breeze on Nov 21st. received an email from Carnival stating that they

are still scheduled to sail, but we were offered to voluntarily  cancel for 100% refund or FCC plus 600 obc or

continue with the sailing, still thinking on what I want to do, checking to see what Carnival is going to do. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 5:24 PM, Ryanryanryan said:

All Carnival cruises cancelled until December 17th!  The first cruise available on Carnival's website is December 17th.  When will the next round of cancellations come?

No there are Carnival cruise in November and December only out of Port Canaveral and Miami. Less than 30 Days until Sail Away Celebration 🛳🎉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

Yup. Until the official announcement, it’s just a rumor and speculation. 

It is down because they are trying to accommodate folks that had cruises canceled from other ports and they need to give them an opportunity to rebook plus they will not cruise full capacity 

• Like 1

No there are Carnival cruise in November and December only out of Port Canaveral and Miami. Less than 30 Days until Sail Away Celebration 🛳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We can guess, speculate, and stress as to why November cruises aren't showing up.  I am just going to wait for the official announcement (if there is one).  

No there are Carnival cruise in November and December only out of Port Canaveral and Miami. Less than 30 Days until Sail Away Celebration 🛳

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Mishcieli said:

It is down because they are trying to accommodate folks that had cruises canceled from other ports and they need to give them an opportunity to rebook plus they will not cruise full capacity 

For some reason, I don't believe your statement is accurate and I doubt Carnival is reaching out to those who were impacted and offering relocation assistance to another ship. They most certainly do not need to give them an opportunity to rebook.

What is your source on this?

Edited by xDisconnections

2 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

We are scheduled to sail from P.C. on the Breeze on Nov 21st. received an email from Carnival stating that they

are still scheduled to sail, but we were offered to voluntarily  cancel for 100% refund or FCC plus 600 obc or

continue with the sailing, still thinking on what I want to do, checking to see what Carnival is going to do. 

I would take the 100% refund.  It seems to me the virus is ramping back up and I would take my money and put it towards a land vacation.  That is just what I would do and if other people would do other things I respect your right to do what you want to do.

On 10/4/2020 at 2:24 PM, Ryanryanryan said:

All Carnival cruises cancelled until December 17th!  The first cruise available on Carnival's website is December 17th.  When will the next round of cancellations come?

This is a game of ground hog day.

How do you think with fall flu and add COVID into the mix that we won't see cases rise.  It's just another little like flu nothing to fear!   Or we already know the narrative of what happened on any cruise where there was but one case what happened....  

I'm familiar with a company that hires and trains at home agents.  Noticed today an announcement for Carnival and Holland.  Based on training length that would put them operational around mid-December.  It's a small step in the right direction!

Being the optimist I am, and pretty sure that excursions will be restricted to ship sponsored/controlled, booked and paid for 2 connected with our 11/8 Horizon sailing. I have no information concerning cancellation or sailing, just that CCL “allowed” me to deposit more funds yesterday and the excursions are confirmed in my cruise manager. Of course no interest loans to CCL have proven to be common!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 6:54 PM, hurricane0226 said:

Seems like this was the option for cruises that were without free roaming the ports and included masks and covid checks.

However, I've heard so many rumors and facts and lies and assumptions that I couldnt say anything with any type of confidence as to whether I actually heard it or imagined it or just made it up myself.  😥😳🤯🤔🛳

Edited by Bgcruising
  • Like 2

On 10/6/2020 at 7:43 PM, Bgcruising said:

However, I've heard so many rumors and facts and lies and assumptions that I couldnt say anything with any type of confidence as to whether I actually heard it or imagined it or just made it up myself.  😥😳🤯🤔🛳

Ha, I hear you on that! The only thing that has been consistent is the inconsistency with information and of course covid-19. I will standby my assessment months ago that some ships will be sailing before the end of 2020 but it looks likely that will be less than a handful of ships out of Miami and Canaveral.

The ultimate question becomes when the rest of the fleet begins sailing as that will depend heavily on covid-19 infection rates and state/local clearance. If I were to guess (that's all I have at this point) is full fleet ops will occur by late April/early May as vaccine availability starts dropping infection rates. Before that point I don't see more than maybe another handful of ships restarting in states that are throwing caution to the wind such as TX but forget about most other ports (e.g. remainder of Atlantic/Gulf ports and Pacific coast) until April.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, teacher34 said:

I am booked on a Dec. 5 cruise out of Port Canaveral and I haven’t received any notice of cancellation yet. I expect it, but it has to happened yet.

The way Carnival has been handling it for the past 6 months is waiting until the very last minute so they can rake in as much money as they possibly can from there loyal customer base before they cancel and do everything they can to get you to re book so they can keep your money to help them stay afloat.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, teacher34 said:

I am booked on a Dec. 5 cruise out of Port Canaveral and I haven’t received any notice of cancellation yet. I expect it, but it has to happened yet.

There are a lot of threads around here with flat out false titles. This is one of them.

• Like 4