The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

9 minutes ago, sharkster77 said:

We purchase Lindor chocolates by Lindt here in the US all the time.  They are available in most stores, along with Lindt stores found in outlet shopping areas, shopping malls, etc.

One of my weaknesses.....

Where I live Lindor/Lindt is more popular than Ghirardelli. 

Edited by Coral

We used to have a Lindt store nearby that stocked Raspberry Creams, which I would buy for DW on every present-giving occasion (her favorite).  Then they had only the Lindor truffles (not nearly as good).  Then they went out of business.  I'm not saying I bought enough Raspberry Creams to keep them in business.  Just sayin'...

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We used to have a Lindt store nearby that stocked Raspberry Creams, which I would buy for DW on every present-giving occasion (her favorite).  Then they had only the Lindor truffles (not nearly as good).  Then they went out of business.  I'm not saying I bought enough Raspberry Creams to keep them in business.  Just sayin'...

Our Lindt store was very expensive. I think that is why it went out of business. It did have things you couldn't find elsewhere locally but still......

If I may say so, this looks as if somebody should tell that family that the pedestrian precinct is not a storage area. They are in serious need of a garage...

I am also lost with this one, the rubbish bin looks like ours in some areas, the pavement looks Western European, the sitting area looks English or Northern French to me, the artwork looks like the stuff hanging outside a beach shop in Dymchurch in Kent, England. So with that in mind, Quebec sounds an interesting, good guess.

notamermaid

12 hours ago, sharkster77 said:

We purchase Lindor chocolates by Lindt here in the US all the time.  They are available in most stores, along with Lindt stores found in outlet shopping areas, shopping malls, etc.

Ok, i guess in some areas it's common, however I am on a cooking page that was started by a Canadian.. One recipe calls for "good" chocolate.  We use Lindt, but most Americans on the site say they can't get it down there.

My favourite Lindt treat are the Kirschstengli.  Unfortunately, we only get them at Christmas.

Now back on topic...

Guessing Quebec City, Fleuve St Laurent

Edited by Daisi

2 hours ago, Daisi said:

Guessing Quebec City, Fleuve St Laurent

You are correct it is in Quebec city on the St, Lawrence river. Sorry @dogs4fun  Daisi was first. There are several of those displays just off the docks, they call it "Plastic Art". (duh) Here is an other one. 

Over to you.

P1020995.thumb.JPG.4c373c5a3bbc8160ded4db873b3d7b2a.JPG

Edited by Renmar

Ok, I'll try this one.  This is a city a lot of people visit on river cruises.  Not really on a river, but few miss it.

First to guess the city and river gets to post the next picture.  Bonus if you can name anyplace in the pic!

IMG_2012.JPG

18 minutes ago, Renmar said:

You are correct it is in Quebec city on the St, Lawrence river. Sorry @dogs4fun  Daisi was first. There are several of those displays just off the docks, they call it "Plastic Art". (duh) Here is an other one. 

Over to you.

P1020995.thumb.JPG.4c373c5a3bbc8160ded4db873b3d7b2a.JPG

I flew into Quebec City to spend 3 days before a cruise. We stayed at the Fairmont. This was about the 3rd week of October. We got hit by this snow storm/blizzard so we spent 3 days at the Fairmont and missed all of Quebec City. Thankfully it is a pretty cool hotel. The cruise ship had overnighted there (before our cruise and then for our cruise) and as opposed to taking people around Quebec like their tour should have, they took people to the Fairmont hotel. When we boarded the ship - they had snowman on Lido deck. Weirdest cruise I have ever been on as it sailed to FLL. Some of our ports were really cold after leaving Quebec but it was gorgeous from Boston and then South. I have yet to make it back there.

@Daisi This looks like you are standing on a viewing tower in a park. Flat landscape, a wide basin or an area like the lower Rhine/Waal or other city scape like that. No high rise building stands out for me to place this somewhere specific. But there is what looks like a church with a spire and low roofs that make it look like a cloak from up above. Hardly any walls visible really. I am sure this is a special building but have no idea where. Long modern walled area along the park. Lining a dual carriageway perhaps or a newish area of town?

notamermaid

@Renmar, sorry wrong town, wrong country.  

So... not Germany, France, the Czech Republic.... you are narrowing it down.  I think once you get the country, the city will be obvious, even if you don't recognise the view.  Some may have seen it though, just not this way.