Cruise booked for January

houseflipper48

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

We have Tampa booked for January and March, worried about January for sure, thought I read something not too long ago about the Port of Tampa and their hesitation in starting up cruises. Anyone else read anything recently in the news about that?

Yes the article said Tampa Port expects limited return of cruising in April. We have a Jan. cruise out of Tampa that will most certainly be cancelled. 

20 hours ago, leen50 said:

We have a Panama Canal from Galveston on Jan. 24, 2021. Can't imagine that they will start off with a 14 day cruise. Hoping to move our $ & OBC from other cancellations to Vista, Oct. 2021, 1 year from now.

We are too old to chance getting sick.

34 minutes ago, leen50 said:

Any opinions on this?

Yes.

Don’t get excited for it.

XDisconnections & Cole Thornton,

Thanks. We are not planning on cruising until 1 year from now. Hoping they cancel this sailing soon. Our payment is due in 12 days. We will ask for an extension, but if they do not cancel, we will. 

1 hour ago, leen50 said:

Thanks. We are not planning on cruising until 1 year from now. Hoping they cancel this sailing soon. Our payment is due in 12 days. We will ask for an extension, but if they do not cancel, we will. 

.If you cancel, then you'll lose the OBC that you had that you wanted to transfer to the Vista sailing in October of 2021.  Assuming that the Vista sailing was only 7 days, unless you upgraded your cabin big time, the 14 day panama canal sailing would leave you with extra FCC monies to be utilized.  But, 600 in OBC is very tempting to keep by making that final payment.

Thanks SNJ & Embarkation, we have a bunch of $ from other cancelations on the Panama cruise. Don't want to give them anymore. If Carnival doesn't cancel before we have to pay more we will just have to deal with it. Basically gone through the same issues on Royal. Pushed that to 1 year from now as well.

Honestly, as much as we loved the 50 that we have taken, if the Oct. 2021sailings don't happen then we will probably never cruise again.

We are too old to screw around.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leen50 said:

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

.If you cancel, then you'll lose the OBC that you had that you wanted to transfer to the Vista sailing in October of 2021.  Assuming that the Vista sailing was only 7 days, unless you upgraded your cabin big time, the 14 day panama canal sailing would leave you with extra FCC monies to be utilized.  But, 600 in OBC is very tempting to keep by making that final payment.

Certainly understood. SNJ is right- the OBC might be a good incentive to leave the booking as paid in full as this one is likely to be canceled based on the number of days alone. Most of the early sailings are expected to be shorter but we don't have any true confirmation of that. Our January cruise's final payment date was due in approximately 3-4 weeks from now. At this point, we decided that we will go if it sails and if it doesn't, I'll just opt for a refund and write it off as another canceled vacation. I'd prefer a refund over the onboard credit incentive but know getting a refund from Princess will be a long and frustrating process as they seem to be the slowest cruise line processing these.

Just booked our airfare to Miami for January. Southwest released some $49 fares to newly approved destination, Miami. We used points because fares were so low. I was going back and forth between FLL and Miami because FLL was cheaper. Now, we’re “going to Miami” in my Will Smith voice... if cruising restarts. 😂😬🤦🏼‍♀️

Edited by MeganGC1983

3 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Just booked our airfare to Miami. Southwest released some $49 fares to newly approved destination, Miami. We used points because fares were so low. I was going back and forth between FLL and Miami because FLL was cheaper. Now, we’re “going to Miami” in my Will Smith voice... if cruising restarts. 😂😬🤦🏼‍♀️

I would pay more to fly from Fort Lauderdale over Miami. It’s just such an easy airport. I do avoid Miami whenever possible though 🙂  

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Just booked our airfare to Miami for January. Southwest released some $49 fares to newly approved destination, Miami. We used points because fares were so low. I was going back and forth between FLL and Miami because FLL was cheaper. Now, we’re “going to Miami” in my Will Smith voice... if cruising restarts. 😂😬🤦🏼‍♀️

I also picked Miami for my February cruise that was canceled. Even though my preferred Airline (Spirit) flies into Fort Lauderdale but not Miami. I thought that would be better than having to uber/lyft to Miami and then having the return flight late enough where you don't have to worry about getting back to Fort Lauderdale in time. Seems like less hassle with Miami.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I would pay more to fly from Fort Lauderdale over Miami. It’s just such an easy airport. I do avoid Miami whenever possible though 🙂 

18 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I completely understand. Another factor was schedule. The MIA flight gets us home before kid “bed time” on a school night. That makes it 9 nights instead of 10 for Mimi keeping the kids. 😂 Every little bit helps. 

15 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I also picked Miami for my February cruise that was canceled. Even though my preferred Airline (Spirit) flies into Fort Lauderdale but not Miami. I thought that would be better than having to uber/lyft to Miami and then having the return flight late enough where you don't have to worry about getting back to Fort Lauderdale in time. Seems like less hassle with Miami.

The similar priced FLL had us arriving at 11:15pm. I’m not sure I’m about that late night uber. We get into MIA at 9, let’s us get a late dinner. I’m thinking it was the right choice. We love Southwest because of the bags flying free...I’m not too bad but I’m not doing a 7 day cruise with just a carryon. 😂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

The similar priced FLL had us arriving at 11:15pm. I’m not sure I’m about that late night uber. We get into MIA at 9, let’s us get a late dinner. I’m thinking it was the right choice. We love Southwest because of the bags flying free...I’m not too bad but I’m not doing a 7 day cruise with just a carryon. 😂

It was tough for ME...going from that 30 inch suitcase and large backpack to the 21 inch suitcase and small backpack. I don't know how people do it with a carryon..or sharing a suitcase.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It was tough for ME...going from that 30 inch suitcase and large backpack to the 21 inch suitcase and small backpack. I don't know how people do it with a carryon..or sharing a suitcase.

Gotta look pretty for the Alchemy! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I completely understand. Another factor was schedule. The MIA flight gets us home before kid “bed time” on a school night. That makes it 9 nights instead of 10 for Mimi keeping the kids. 😂 Every little bit helps. 

I certainly understand. Sometimes routing options and timing takes precedence especially if it’s going to help you out by cutting a day and getting home in time for school. The only time I ever go near Miami is for nonstop long-haul international. Anywhere domestic for me is FLL or West Palm Beach 🙂 

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

One of the many things Southwest has going for them — free checked bags without status, a credit card or business class. For what you get, I think Southwest offers a pretty good product and their routing options usually work pretty well.

@Saint Greg I don’t think I’d be able to do a carry on only. I can’t even take a carry on bag for my 2-3 night weekend getaways.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

One of the many things Southwest has going for them — free checked bags without status, a credit card or business class. For what you get, I think Southwest offers a pretty good product and their routing options usually work pretty well.

@Saint Greg I don’t think I’d be able to do a carry on only. I can’t even take a carry on bag for my 2-3 night weekend getaways.

We always take a carry on if it's 10 days or less on the ship. Carnival is easy bec. we get free laundry.

7 minutes ago, leen50 said:

We always take a carry on if it's 10 days or less on the ship. Carnival is easy bec. we get free laundry.

For me it's about the hair dryer (don't like Carnival's) hair brush, shampoo & conditioner (like my own) and my curling iron.  Then add in shoes. Yikes!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

For me it's about the hair dryer (don't like Carnival's) hair brush, shampoo & conditioner (like my own) and my curling iron.  Then add in shoes. Yikes!

Those hair dryers are awful!! And shoes... I feel you. I have a terrible time with that. 

58 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

44 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Those hair dryers are awful!! And shoes... I feel you. I have a terrible time with that. 

We all know that shoes need their own carry on 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1