Cruise booked for January

houseflipper48

40 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

If our Jan 31 cruise gets cancelled, we will rebook for something Sept onwards.  Our son is due to come home from deployment anytime between FEb-June.  Want to be sure we are here!

baf

We have our “kids cruise” in October, so we gotta get in the adult cruise earlier in the year. 
Glad to hear he’s coming home. Thanks to him for his service. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

We are booked for Jan 9th. Already checking on February if it gets cancelled.

Think it all depends on the embarkation port.   Looks like Carnival will start with Miami and Port Canaveral,  then probably go to Galveston before utilizing the secondary ports such as Tampa, New Orleans, Mobile, Charleston and Baltimore. Gotta dip your toes in before diving into the deep end. Of course this is purely speculative,  but makes sense.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Think it all depends on the embarkation port.   Looks like Carnival will start with Miami and Port Canaveral,  then probably go to Galveston before utilizing the secondary ports such as Tampa, New Orleans, Mobile, Charleston and Baltimore. Gotta dip your toes in before diving into the deep end. Of course this is purely speculative,  but makes sense.

And see I'm hoping that my Jan14 cruise out of Charleston will happen because it only has one port, Princess Cay.  Hope springs eternal....

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

It is port Canaveral.

So if you have a cruise booked for December or January, what are you doing? I find myself growing more frustrated as the days go by. Are they actually getting the ships from Miami and Port Canaveral ready? Have they talked to any islands to see what needs to be done to visit there? I’m looking at Carnival excursions for my itinerary, am I wasting time because there’s a chance the ABC cruise we paid for will turn into Princess Cay and the Bahamas? I can hear the neigh-sayers all ready, but today, 80 days out, I’m frustrated.  

18 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

And see I'm hoping that my Jan14 cruise out of Charleston will happen because it only has one port, Princess Cay.  Hope springs eternal....

I don’t think the one port is an issue, the issue is Charleston is not one of Carnival’s major ports. As several people have posted, whenever Carnival resumes operations it will initially only be from a few ports, most likely in Florida. While I remain optimistic that cruises from US ports will resume soon, I would be very surprised if your cruise from Charleston in January takes place no matter what happens. 

37 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t think the one port is an issue, the issue is Charleston is not one of Carnival’s major ports. As several people have posted, whenever Carnival resumes operations it will initially only be from a few ports, most likely in Florida. While I remain optimistic that cruises from US ports will resume soon, I would be very surprised if your cruise from Charleston in January takes place no matter what happens. 

You're probably right.  I decided to tempt fate and made final payment today (10 days early, $154) so we'll see.🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

You're probably right.  I decided to tempt fate and made final payment today (10 days early, $154) so we'll see.🤷‍♀️

Sadly, I agree with PhillyFan regardless of how much I hope you get to cruise. If yours gets canceled and mine doesn’t, we’re pretty much same ports/same dates but from Fort Lauderdale instead. Feel free to join but I’m beginning to doubt it’s likelihood now due to the environmental concerns (not Covid concerns).

Already have my land based alternative secured.

Edited by xDisconnections

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Since I paid in full, I was allowed to print out my boarding pass.  I'm Platinum so does that mean I don't get an arrival appointment?  Just curious...

I'm paid in full and can't print my boarding pass. I had to pick an arrival time  even though I was platinum last time.

5 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

So if you have a cruise booked for December or January, what are you doing? I find myself growing more frustrated as the days go by. Are they actually getting the ships from Miami and Port Canaveral ready? Have they talked to any islands to see what needs to be done to visit there? I’m looking at Carnival excursions for my itinerary, am I wasting time because there’s a chance the ABC cruise we paid for will turn into Princess Cay and the Bahamas? I can hear the neigh-sayers all ready, but today, 80 days out, I’m frustrated.  

Carnival has called back some crew.  A Phillipino waiter has been waiting for ten days for a permit to leave.  Look at the time line.  Probably a month to get crew on board.  3 weeks to train and you are now at mid December.  

Now - need CDC approval.  No opinion on when but cruises to only private islands or controlled ports likely at first.

Next, Carnival awaits a judge's ruling on its probation violation for environmental violations.  As of Friday awaiting a response from Carnival to the order shutting down ALL Carnival ships until 60 days after ships are audited as being in compliance by the USCG.  This order if put in place would delay things into 2021.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cellfree said:

I actually have found that also - even though Platinum sometimes it makes me choose an arrival time - however that does not mean anything - as Platinum you still have Priority Boarding - ignore the "arrival time' - enjoy the perk.

This is just a guess, but I assume everyone, including Diamonds and Platinums, will have to select and comply with an arrival time when cruising resumes. Otherwise you run the risk of having too many passengers show up at the same time, which goes against everything I have heard and read concerning controlling the flow of passengers on embarkation day. 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

This is just a guess, but I assume everyone, including Diamonds and Platinums, will have to select and comply with an arrival time when cruising resumes. Otherwise you run the risk of having too many passengers show up at the same time, which goes against everything I have heard and read concerning controlling the flow of passengers on embarkation day. 

Makes sense to spread the crowd out,  but at the same time they need to reserve the first hour, say 1130-1230 to be reserved for Diamonds and Platinums.  Those who have achieved that status would have the option to opt out and choose a later time slot if desired, but it were would suck to lose one of the only perks worth having once you've achieved status just because of the Covid crisis.  It was bad enough when the FTTF crowd could buy their way to early status, but it would be a slap in the face to lump diamonds and platinum in with the rest of those embarking. A perk earned should not be easily discarded.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Makes sense to spread the crowd out,  but at the same time they need to reserve the first hour, say 1130-1230 to be reserved for Diamonds and Platinums.  Those who have achieved that status would have the option to opt out and choose a later time slot if desired, but it were would suck to lose one of the only perks worth having once you've achieved status just because of the Covid crisis.  It was bad enough when the FTTF crowd could buy their way to early status, but it would be a slap in the face to lump diamonds and platinum in with the rest of those embarking. A perk earned should not be easily discarded.

I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn’t consider it a slap in the face if this perk was eliminated, at least temporarily, when cruising resumes. I think there are going to be a lot of changes across the board when cruising resumes from US ports. Now if they eliminated the Diamond special event, that would be worth getting upset about. 

Sorry, not trying to hijack but so many of you are experts & may have an answer. 

When looking for a possible Roll Call to join, there used to be "Drop Down" boxes with 1. Cruise Line, 2. Ship Name, 3. Month/Year.

Did CC do away with that function? I may be sailing on the Dream in Oct. 2022. Can't figure out how to find this or any other Roll Call. I have been on them for years.

Thanks,

arleen

26 minutes ago, leen50 said:

I may be sailing on the Dream in Oct. 2022. Can't figure out how to find this or any other Roll Call. I have been on them for years.

Thanks,

arleen

Go to the home page for forums.  Scroll down. The sixth section is for roll calls.  You click on Carnival,  then click on the Dream, then click on the date you're looking for.

11 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Go to the home page for forums.  Scroll down. The sixth section is for roll calls.  You click on Carnival,  then click on the Dream, then click on the date you're looking for.

Or just click on the "Find Your Roll Call" link at the top of this page.