Cruise booked for January

houseflipper48

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm a little worried about dragging my suitcase onboard in the texas heat and being a bit out of breath and it shows up as a slight temperature. I am fair skinned and doesnt take much to be flushed. Temperature check worries me a bit. Just hoping for the best.

I've thought of that, too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

What kind of excursions are they offering?

Are there ones where you get off the bus to "visit places" that are open to the public?

Not that I saw, but a bus tour would never be appealing to us. Therefore, I would never retain that info nor even find out the details. Sorry! 
We are snorkel and beach people and those are definitely available. My biggest worry is finding an excursion I love and then that island is unavailable because of Covid. 

Scheduled out of Mobile january 9, 2021 and booked before Covid showed up, if not allowed to get off ship unless on carnival excursion I would not be interested in sailing.  Hope as some have said they offer an opt out if they do sail but I figure Mobile may be low down on their list of ships to get ready when they do being sailing.

On 10/9/2020 at 7:46 PM, houseflipper48 said:

We are leaving out of Tampa.

I doubt that cruise will happen. Unless you are cruising out of Miami or Canaveral, I don't see many other ports reopening before spring. For your sake I hope I'm wrong but Carnival has stated repeatedly they will roll out the fleet very slowly as Miami and Canaveral will be the Guinea Pigs for most, if not all of the winter. You might see Galveston reopen say in February but I doubt we see the rest of the fleet operating until April.

3 hours ago, elklemi said:

Scheduled out of Mobile january 9, 2021 and booked before Covid showed up, if not allowed to get off ship unless on carnival excursion I would not be interested in sailing.  Hope as some have said they offer an opt out if they do sail but I figure Mobile may be low down on their list of ships to get ready when they do being sailing.

Yeah, you won't have to worry about Mobile in January as they won't be cruising out of there until spring.

On 10/10/2020 at 12:04 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

We sail are set to sail 1/9 out of Miami. Ready for masks, looking at ship excursions, and hoping our original ports of call are open to us. 

1/9 on the Elation out of Port canaveral a 5 day quick cruise. We normally do 5-7 cruises a year. Needless to say. We are hoping it sails.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

DH and I are scheduled to cruise out of Charleston Jan 14, 2021.  4 day cruise with the only port of Princess Cay.  Hoping it happens!🤞

Lol, we’re pretty much the same. Jan 15, 4 night, only Princess Cays. I think I’m going to make final payment and see what happens. At this point, I plan on going if cruising returns by then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Lol, we’re pretty much the same. Jan 15, 4 night, only Princess Cays. I think I’m going to make final payment and see what happens. At this point, I plan on going if cruising returns by then. 

Yup, me as well!  I only owe $150 so it's amount I can handle.  We are cruising if they let us!

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

DH and I are scheduled to cruise out of Charleston Jan 14, 2021.  4 day cruise with the only port of Princess Cay.  Hoping it happens!🤞

Best of luck as I hope it happens for you but if it isn't Miami or Canaveral then I'd put money on it not happening before spring in Charleston. Might be time to start looking at alternatives at this stage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Best of luck as I hope it happens for you but if it isn't Miami or Canaveral then I'd put money on it not happening before spring in Charleston. Might be time to start looking at alternatives at this stage.

Thx!  If it doesn't happen I'll just push my cruise out to a later date.  😉

This absolutely stinks for your son. I was very surprised to discover the Navy (I'm retired after 7 years active and 14 years reserve) has more single fathers than single mothers. So many women just pack up and go when the men head to sea. At least she won't get half his retirement. He dodged that bullet.

Thank you Fyree39.  What makes is worse is she is also military (they are both WP grads).  WHen she was deployed for 8 months he stayed at home ( other than work and required company functions).  He sent her packages once a month ( hell Hubbs and I did too) and skyped with her several times a week.    It's one thing to decide you want to split up, but to do so while your spouse is deployed just shows what type of person you really are ( at least it does to me>). 

As far as cruising, I hope like hell our Jan 31 cruise is a "go".  I will do what they tell me to do.  We did book a vista suite ( just in case) and plan on bringing 4-6 weeks of medicine ( just in case).  We drive to the port.  ANd have made plans for extended care of our pets ( again -just in case).  But SOMEONE has to start.  Hubbs and I are willing to be "guinea pigs" 😉.  Heck, I am currently involved in the Pfizer vaccine study, thats strongly  how I feel.  Just want to be home when my son comes back and will forego everything else...

baf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Same here as I have cruise in March but doubt it will happen since it is San Diego. I'll see where things are in November but already looking to move the booking to another cruise in July.

Final Payment was due today for our January cruise out of Port Canaveral. Had difficulty reaching our PVP so spoke with 2 reps today and rescheduled for January 2022. DH has COPD and I spent most of last year doing chemo so I thought waiting was best for us. Also, as other have mentioned, unsure how the ports will be. All of them were going to be new to us so didn't want to miss out on them. Anyway, now we have something to look forward to rather than stress over so it was a good choice for us. 🙂 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Yup, me as well!  I only owe $150 so it's amount I can handle.  We are cruising if they let us!

That's not bad for a quick getaway. Final payment for us is about two weeks away and that's when the penalty period slowly begins to kick in. At this point, I think I'm probably looking forward to going and won't mind the restrictions so I'll likely get the final payment out of the way.

3 hours ago, embarkation75 said:

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Worst case -- Sky Princess out of Fort Lauderdale has the same itinerary a day later. Probably a bit more likely than Charleston but you never know. The demand might be there to justify by January -- weirder things have happened.

4 hours ago, fyree39 said:

@bafinegan I am the POA for my dad, who is 91 and in a nursing home 3000 miles from me. I have to stay healthy and alive for him. Once he goes, I don't care if I get sick. In the meantime, I stay away from people.

I'm the food bearer for my parents who only live 5 minutes away. Ages 94 and 102. I dont have a cruise until april 25th and hope to be vaccinated by then. Otherwise I will stay away when I get home and just drop stuff in their garage is my plan.

I only grocery shop, auto place and one time Ihop, so I'm not seeing many people either. We have to eat, but that's mainly all I'm doing.

I'm hoping to cruise and that a vaccine is out soon. I'll be the first one with my hand up asking to get it. 

I am only cruising from Galveston and dont do TAs or europe or asia, and if they needed me I'm on the next plan home from next port. Been that way since I started to cruise. Cant live waiting as if my dad will die ... he keeps on going. But I'd jump on a plane if something happened. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 9:25 AM, firefly333 said:

I'm a little worried about dragging my suitcase onboard in the texas heat and being a bit out of breath and it shows up as a slight temperature. I am fair skinned and doesnt take much to be flushed. Temperature check worries me a bit. Just hoping for the best.

We were in Disney two weeks ago when it was over 90 almost every day. I'd arrive at temperature checks already feeling hot and sweaty, but never ran into an issue with a high temperature, even mid-afternoon.  They also had 'cooling tents' for people who did have a high temp - they could go sit in the cool, drink some water and try again before being denied entry.  I would assume that the cruise ships would do something similar because of just the situation you described.

14 minutes ago, mrp4352 said:

We were in Disney two weeks ago when it was over 90 almost every day. I'd arrive at temperature checks already feeling hot and sweaty, but never ran into an issue with a high temperature, even mid-afternoon.  They also had 'cooling tents' for people who did have a high temp - they could go sit in the cool, drink some water and try again before being denied entry.  I would assume that the cruise ships would do something similar because of just the situation you described.

Good to know.  Thx for posting!

We have a Panama Canal from Galveston on Jan. 24, 2021. Can't imagine that they will start off with a 14 day cruise. Hoping to move our $ & OBC from other cancellations to Vista, Oct. 2021, 1 year from now.

We are too old to chance getting sick.

On 10/10/2020 at 10:25 AM, firefly333 said:

Tip a porter so you no longer need to drag your suitcase and wear a wide brimmed hat to help with the sun.

We have Tampa booked for January and March, worried about January for sure, thought I read something not too long ago about the Port of Tampa and their hesitation in starting up cruises. Anyone else read anything recently in the news about that?

50 minutes ago, cellfree said:

We have Tampa booked for January and March, worried about January for sure, thought I read something not too long ago about the Port of Tampa and their hesitation in starting up cruises. Anyone else read anything recently in the news about that?

Pretty sure January won't happen at Tampa and odds are not good for March either. Only cruise ships that will be potentially operating this winter will be out of Miami and Canaveral. A resumption of cruising out of Tampa in April is realistic at this point.

Edited by embarkation75