Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

janny444

6 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

I remember seeing Shane Fenton and the Fentones, he later became much more famous has Alvin Stardust.

And his son was headmaster of my kids’ secondary school 🤔

Small world/strange world

Forgot to say, I have had a ban and a few knuckle wraps as well, all related to questioning actions taken or not taken by mods, which is not allowed. 

BTW, to get back on topic (an increasingly rare activity on this forum these days) I hope that Wowzz is OK and we haven’t scared him off. He is a valued member of this community.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

As I have said previously, the reputation score is a bit of a joke IMO. Those who make multiple posts, particularly over a short period, get bumped up the league table  Being the polite bunch that we are, we tend to ‘like’ posts a lot, which means that those who post the most get the most likes - and so it goes on. Relevance to cruising matters not a jot. General chit chat bumps you up the table, especially if others ‘like’ it. I’ve just managed to find the table and took a look at ‘Sids’ posts (the No 1 in the reputation table). Multiple posts in a day over a relatively short period and, from what I could see, none related to cruising. Just ‘what I’ve been doing today’ stuff which gets likes. There are two posters on this forum who don’t post as much as many of us, yet every post they make is incredibly helpful and insightful. One in particular would, I am sure, be held up as a very useful source of inside info, yet they appear way down the list below all us ‘regulars’. That person never goes off topic, never engages in posts for posts sake and would, IMO, be towards the top of the league if it was a true ‘reputation’ league table. So I genuinely wouldn’t waste any time where we all sit in the league table as I feel it’s a complete irrelevance. Just my opinion, of course. 

The Americans take it much more seriously than us and feel the 3 from Floataway Lounge should not be counted.

I don't know the 3 members who are 1,4 and 5  in the list but Floataway Lounge has nothing to do with cruising and posts don't count on Cruise critic and you are correct they should not be classed on reputation by discussing non cruise topics.

I know most of the top 24 through the RCG threads and 1 has posted many live from (Ships) threads.

Another is a chief Engineer,others are TAs and another was our very respected RC host so I have a lot of respect for most of them and their cruising knowledge I have found very helpful.

Edited by grapau27

2 hours ago, besberry said:

I've been told off but only once. Can't say what for or I'll get another kick in the whatsits!

You're not trying hard enough I've had two of them under the same conditions :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I hope that Wowzz is OK and we haven’t scared him off. He is a valued member of this community.

So do I. I mentioned before that, because 'those posts' were so unlike him that I worried something could be wrong. If he just pops up with a quick post to say 'I'm alright' I'll be happy. 

Avril

• Like 4

There was a few years ago some of the higher posters on CC getting invites to a P&O cruise ship naming ceremony in Southampton from CC and there was an enormous amount of silly and nonsensical posts just to boost peoples post count in the hope that they would get an invite.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, majortom10 said:

There was a few years ago some of the higher posters on CC getting invites to a P&O cruise ship naming ceremony in Southampton from CC and there was an enormous amount of silly and nonsensical posts just to boost peoples post count in the hope that they would get an invite.

How sad is that?  I post because I like to chat😁   Don't I?🤣

Avril

• Haha 2

YouTubers who give regular favourable video Cruise reviews like Ben and David, Emma etc get invited to all these Cruise launch events
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I never knew that but if you lived locally that would be a nice perk.

Unfortunately we live 350 miles away from Southampton.

Edited by grapau27

1 minute ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

How sad am I .....I didn't even know there was a "league table ". I am certainly not interested in participating in  climbing the ladder. I post because I think I have something to say, nothing else. 

I didn't until a RC friend told me a couple of months but I only post to help others and get help myself.

During covid19 lockdown I feel like we have all bonded like great friends and I have really looked forward to our daily chats.

• Like 2

I didn't until a RC friend told me a couple of months but I only post to help others and get help myself. During covid19 lockdown I feel like we have all bonded like great friends and I have really looked forward to our daily chats.

Yes these forms are very addictive, with so many lovely people here to offer help and advice. 

As well as a lot of people whom we can help with our advice/experiences and feel good about it

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, drsel said:
18 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

YouTubers who give regular favourable video Cruise reviews like Ben and David, Emma etc get invited to all these Cruise launch events

I’m not at all surprised to hear that. I have always felt the same about those who have websites with cruise blogs that are done in their own names. The reviews are almost always gushing and they plug their websites and reviews at every opportunity, including on here. Doubtless they are very well ‘looked after’ when they go on a cruise. I try to post a comprehensive review on Cruise Critic whenever we return from a cruise and I feel that it is balanced. The good things are highlighted, as are the poor things. I wouldn’t like P&O to know who I am in real life, as I am sure that my cruise experience would be affected (possibly for the better, but you never know)! I don’t feel that you can comment objectively and without bias if the service provider knows who you are and ‘tailors’ your experience in order to generate positive comments. All that being said, some of the wealthiest folk on the planet at present are those deemed ‘influencers’ on social media. They make millions out of it. No advantage for them in maintaining anonymity of course 😂 

• Like 4

The only points I want to see is another hundred on my Morrison card and I'm worth another fiver :classic_wink:

Message to Wowzz & Harry  ,

If you are now in Tier 2 lockdown, I have checked and you are still allowed to post on here :classic_smile:

Catch you both soon I hope :classic_smile::classic_biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, kalos said:

The only points I want to see is another hundred on my Morrison card and I'm worth another fiver :classic_wink:

Message to Wowzz & Harry  ,

If you are now in Tier 2 lockdown, I have checked and you are still allowed to post on here :classic_smile:

Catch you both soon I hope :classic_smile::classic_biggrin:

I have no interest in the "Rep" tables at all. Not a jot. One single iota. Complete nonsense.Nincompoopery in the extreme. My view is in no way influenced by the fact I am only 158th.😜

Edited by zap99
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, drsel said:
1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I don't think I would be prepared to make such a fool of myself as some these video bloggers, listening to most of them I think  I know more about the cruise industry than these buffoons.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I have no interest in the "Rep" tables at all. Not a jot. One single iota. Complete nonsense.Nincompoopery in the extreme. My view is in no way influenced by the fact I am only 158th.😜

Hopefully my like to this post might move you up a few places.🤫😃🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I don't think I would be prepared to make such a fool of myself as some these video bloggers, listening to most of them I think  I know more about the cruise industry than these buffoons.

I was going to give you a like, but you are WAY to far up the table.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1