Second Wave 20 European Countries record highest daily number of Covid Cases

Hospitals struggle to cope as 20 European Countries record highest daily numbers of Covid Cases.

26,668 - UK 24 hours

15,199 - Italy

11,984 Czech Republic

etc.

European Union leaders will hold a video conference next week to discuss how to better co-operate on the infections rise. 

ABC News 

Very sad news for our northern inhabitants. The US of A is not looking any better. Over the past week in the U.S., there have been 421,114 new cases. With winter coming on, it would appear that the pandemic is on the rise all over the northern hemisphere. 😒😷

image.png.cd000a5bcd638ecb0750e9f8a7dfa651.png

Edited by By The Bay

11 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Stand by for the second wave down under . We are not immune .

I thought Vic. was second wave.  No?

Yes, I know we are not immune.  That is why I follow the advice given to Seniors, as I believe we have to be responsible for ourselves.  

Aust/NZ have to be alert for corona virus coming through cruise ship crew.  The ship which came from NZ, is off shore Mooloolaba.  I read that the person, who caught the virus from a ship in NZ, has a new version of the corona virus.  

Edited by MMDown Under

7 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Hospitals struggle to cope as 20 European Countries record highest daily numbers of Covid Cases.

26,668 - UK 24 hours

15,199 - Italy

11,984 Czech Republic

etc.

European Union leaders will hold a video conference next week to discuss how to better co-operate on the infections rise. 

ABC News 

Totally out of control. God help us if that flows on to Australia.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 1:49 PM, NSWP said:

Totally out of control. God help us if that flows on to Australia.

I really hope not. I live in Melbourne and I know what it felt like in July, when we started getting over 500 per day of new infections.

Tania

Fact check

Coronavirus is not going away.  Cases and hospital admissions are rising and deaths remain high - 60,000 new cases a day  

Covid Tracking Project 

Hospital admissions have also increased by 30% since beginning of Oct.

Confirmed deaths - 800 a day  throughout Oct. 

12 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I wonder what future generations will think of how we (as the world) handled the pandemic.

What do we think of how the world handled the 1918 Pandemic😂? This really should be a wakeup call to all the developed nations that you need to invest in sciences and health.

34 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I wonder what future generations will think of how we (as the world) handled the pandemic.

They'll see all the mistakes made.  However, hopefully in the end there will be a happy ending with the development of an effective virus.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

They'll see all the mistakes made.  However, hopefully in the end there will be a happy ending with the development of an effective virus.  

The Chinese have done that bit!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Well we have seen the mistakes from 100 years ago but sill haven't learn enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Numbers of positive people are high and would indicate the increased amount of testing and their large populations and high density living conditions.

Early in the pandemic there were low to no positive cases in some countries, but testing was low or not being done or not reliably reported.

Hopefully the people who are testing positive do not all go on to become ill requiring intensive care or die.

Remarkable  how this virus is infecting some at close quarters, like work sites, and family groups but not all?

On cruise ships couples sharing living spaces were not both infected. Same with staff.

Also not all develop a serious illness and die.

Many unknowns.

Some countries have very high density living conditions that would be favorable for infection transmission of all sorts. 

Feel for people living under such conditions and hope this will resolve as soon as possible.

19 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Fact check

Coronavirus is not going away.  Cases and hospital admissions are rising and deaths remain high - 60,000 new cases a day  

Covid Tracking Project 

Hospital admissions have also increased by 30% since beginning of Oct.

Confirmed deaths - 800 a day  throughout Oct. 

Your are referring to the USA?  Word record set yesterday in USA, 83,000 positive tests for Covid. Not the sort of record you want a medal for.  Horrendous.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes.  This was a fact check on President's misleading statements in the last debate. 

BBC News 

Yeh, the problem is that it appears that so many in USA don't bother to read (or don't believe) such news. They just accept all that he peddles. I remember someone saying way back something like "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." (I know that Wikipedia finds it unlikely that this was actually said, but I find it plausible, especially with the USA experience)

4 minutes ago, nnps said:

Yeh, the problem is that it appears that so many in USA don't bother to read (or don't believe) such news. They just accept all that he peddles. I remember someone saying way back something like "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." (I know that Wikipedia finds it unlikely that this was actually said, but I find it plausible, especially with the USA experience)

I have been reading some interesting articles in the New York Times.  One was observations on how a small town America got radicalised.  Fox News has a lot to answer for.  No wonder one of the sons resigned.  The more comments I read in relation to Americans who voted for the President, the more I understand why my American friends both voted for him.  

18 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I see the cleaners have been in overnight.

Broom GIFs | Tenor

They have, couple of mine went. Such is life, you win some, you lose some.

Edited by NSWP

The more comments I read in relation to Americans who voted for the President, the more I understand why my American friends both voted for him.  

You should check out the Michael Moore doco Fahrenheit 11/9. Despite the advertising it is mostly about the decline of the Democratic party. Normally I find his work incredibly biased and childish but this documentary was surprisingly mature and insightful. He did predict Trump would win before anyone else so he obviously saw something happening in society that everyone else was ignoring🤔

30 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

You should check out the Michael Moore doco Fahrenheit 11/9. Despite the advertising it is mostly about the decline of the Democratic party. Normally I find his work incredibly biased and childish but this documentary was surprisingly mature and insightful. He did predict Trump would win before anyone else so he obviously saw something happening in society that everyone else was ignoring🤔

Thank you.  Do you know if the documentary is on SBS or You Tube?  I'm not surprised that he predicted Trump would win, because he is a keen observer of society.  I saw a documentary by him on US Medical situation which was very informative, esp for people who don't understand if Americans loose their jobs they loose their private medical coverage.  

Thank you.  Do you know if the documentary is on SBS or You Tube?  I'm not surprised that he predicted Trump would win, because he is a keen observer of society.  I saw a documentary by him on US Medical situation which was very informative, esp for people who don't understand if Americans loose their jobs they loose their private medical coverage.  

I don't know about YouTube but SBS has screened it a few times, whether it is still on SBS on Demand will depend on if the licencing for streaming has expired or not