The Daily for Tuesday Nov 3, 2020

richwmn

🌺Good morning to all on The Daily, To my sisters who are my rock, To Rich and Roy,

Jacqui (🌺Who sent love to us in America with a wonderful cartoon) and to Summer with our cocktail recipes.

This is a very special and important day here in 🇺🇸 America! God Bless all of us and a big thanks to Jacqui for the Love  we so desperately need here.

Denise😊

• Like 11

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Rich, I want to thank you for the new maps you've been using.  They are more detailed and very interesting for those of us who like to know the ships' movements.  Sorry about your cruise.  I think more will be cancelled as time passes as there is still a lot to do to prepare for safe cruising in the future.  🙄

Today I've already received a text from my 20 year old granddaughter in Ohio who voted for the first time today.  She sent me a photo of herself and her boyfriend wearing masks and holding up their I Voted stickers.  She said the wait in line was only about 20 minutes.  Now I hope the other two young voters in our family text to let me know they've voted too.  

How proud you must be of them!

• Like 6

Good morning all, and thanks fo Rich and Roy, as always!  Today is our church day.  I am hoping to see everyone masked, or at least a large percentage.  If not, we may not be going back.  I am sure the main intention for the Mass today will be all our American neighbours, and the peaceful result of everyone voting!  

Miserable rainy day today, and it's supposed to continue all week.  

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, summer slope said:

2020 I cry uncle. First the cruise was stopped in March,  lost several people to the virus, then toady found a leak in the toilet that ruined carpet and dresser.  Sigh, I’m going to consume this and more. 

Maybe just leave out the coffee?🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Good morning all!  The rain has come...and will stay...all week.  So glad I finished what I wanted to in the garden, it's indoor chores now. And maybe start a new cross-stitch. 

Rich I'm so sorry about your cruise, I know you were really looking forward to it.  Fingers crossed our April cruise with you will happen.  

The breathing quote is so appropriate for these times!  Breathe the wrong air and it could be dangerous 😞  

That Zinfandel sounds good.  A white wine -- Yay!

@cat shepard I love the "where I'm at this week" and am going to share it, it's a winner!

@kazu thank you for the good wishes from Canada.  Very much appreciated.

We're breathing a sigh of relief.  The plumber found and solved our problem in 90 minutes yesterday.  Most of that time was finding the problem, a real mystery!  But with plumbers' rates we were very thankful it was a quick and easy fix.  Now there's a hole in the laundry room wall, but that can wait!  I've had enough workmen coming through for awhile 😉  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the encouragement from our good neighbors to the north.  This is a big day.  

A brandy Sazarac is one of my favorites.  It's similar to a Manhattan which is my favorite especially with a cruise ship wrapped around it.  

So sorry about the toilet leak.  I had one years ago while away for the weekend that poured through the kitchen ceiling light and walls all the way to the basement.  

Yesterday I had no heat and today I saw a mouse or possibly a chipmunk in the family room and just to be entertaining there may be two!!  "If it's not one thing it's another."  

At least there are only 58 days left of this year!!  

Prayers and Cheers.  Stay safe!

Cindy

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

For our American friends - sending you love today from Canada ♥️ 

F0035F3F-A6B6-446D-880B-B0239C589A2D.jpeg.5feec5ba27e9759c23898a8f5503de9c.jpeg

Thank you Jacqui....!!!

As we anxiously wait for good news.....I've decided to check out all the cruise port webcams today.....and hope the "good news" will lead us back to some "great cruising".....:)

• Like 6

Good morning, all! I love the quote! We have no spinach, but chicken is on the menu for tonight so it will be close. Yesterday’s Hamburger Mac n’ Cheese was a hit as a quick dinner after an afternoon of cleaning out the eaves troughs (gutters) as the sky clouded over. Today the rains have set in, and look like they’re staying for a while.  But we’re snug and dry inside with coffee and woodstove.

@summer slope I have never seen a drink before that considers whiskey and Cognac interchangeable. That’s both intriguing and frightening. I’m so sorry this year has been this tough on you. The virus has not been as bad here in Canada, but even so I’ve lost an aunt and a cousin to it.As I read somewhere: at New Years this year, I’m not staying up to welcome the new year in, I’m staying up to make sure this one leaves!

• Like 12

Thanks to all for encouraging, uplifting thoughts.  It is a bright sunny day in Western Colorado.  Would be nice for an Election Day, but in Colorado we do mainly "mail-in" ballots, and the bulk of the people have already voted.  I still haven't decided if I like it or not, but I am trying to be positive about the process here.  Have only been back in Colorado for about 9 years, so as you can tell, I don't rush to conclusions.

Ray, think you can take prayers for Colorado wildfires off your prayer list.  We still have one fire that is not largely contained, but all evacuations have been lifted, and the people are getting back to their homes.  And another huge storm is predicted in the fire area for this coming weekend!

I am about to cancel my January reservation for Hawaii for 3 weeks.  Too many hoops to jump through, and I feel that I shouldn't be using the precious tests for a trip, when some that need to be test are still having trouble getting the proper tests.  Hadn't made any flight reservations, so it is only hotel to cancel!

Have a great day everyone, and hope for the best when results start coming in tonight!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Thanks to all for encouraging, uplifting thoughts.  It is a bright sunny day in Western Colorado.  Would be nice for an Election Day, but in Colorado we do mainly "mail-in" ballots, and the bulk of the people have already voted.  I still haven't decided if I like it or not, but I am trying to be positive about the process here.  Have only been back in Colorado for about 9 years, so as you can tell, I don't rush to conclusions.

Ray, think you can take prayers for Colorado wildfires off your prayer list.  We still have one fire that is not largely contained, but all evacuations have been lifted, and the people are getting back to their homes.  And another huge storm is predicted in the fire area for this coming weekend!

I am about to cancel my January reservation for Hawaii for 3 weeks.  Too many hoops to jump through, and I feel that I shouldn't be using the precious tests for a trip, when some that need to be test are still having trouble getting the proper tests.  Hadn't made any flight reservations, so it is only hotel to cancel!

Have a great day everyone, and hope for the best when results start coming in tonight!

Let us hope those storms come. Our fire is well contained although they are keeping an eye on the area.... but if it does flair up the up is into a rocky area. I am so glad that the northern areas got the moisture they did and some more will pretty well put things to bed for this season.... I hope.

I am not planning any cruises for awhile - not even booking in advance.  It is too expensive to get out of here and I like you, I do not not want to go through testing. Will just have to settle in and get used to it. The dogs will be very happy. I would like to visit my sister in Maryland.... she is 91.... but she keeps telling me to not think about it. So here sits I. I am getting exercise dog walking, both my own and for the Humane Society. Anyone want a 95 lb Dogue du Bordeaux?.... I love her, but my dogs would not be happy and she is really too much dog for me to handle on a daily basis.  Hard dog to place but we will find a home for her I know.

Susan

• Like 6

Good afternoon!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and sorry about your cruise.  😞  Here's hoping for a brighter cruise future for all of us!  I for one really need a cruise to look forward to but haven't decided it's time yet.  And thank you Roy for your lists and travel reports and pictures.

Since I'm not a big chicken fan I'll pass on the menu suggestion for now.  It isn't that I don't eat or cook chicken I just prefer other proteins.  However I do like chicken mixed with "stuff", like pot pie, enchiladas, etc. 

DGD virtual schooling is coming along.  They aren't doing a full day of instruction.  Hopefully in school learning is starting back on the 12th or 13th after the quarantine is over.  So you can take this off the Care list for now Roy.  But I really do appreciate your thoughtfulness and concern.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1