90% effective vaccine EVEN without booster shot...

9 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I shouldn't talk. When I was much younger, I was calling Aruba to reserve the KukuKanuku bus. She said that our ship wasn't listed in port on the date I wanted to reserve. And stupidly, I replied, "Oh, do you use a different calendar there?" :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin: 

KukuKanuku bus is a blast. I've done it 6 or 7 times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

We really do need a thread on how to use % sign and decimal points. This is the 2nd or 3rd time in the past week we've run into this.

So you’re saying 90% of all threads have .002% or .3% of 100% of all decimal points errors. 😀

And as for math being the same in the US and UK, let’s not discuss the billion/million issue. 😀😈

Forget about decimal points.  Today, already a record 3,054 Americans died from COVID.

Tell a son, daughter, grandchild, sister, bother, mother, father of someone who won't be there any more that human life has been reduced to a statistic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

Forget about decimal points.  Today, already a record 3,054 Americans died from COVID.

Tell a son, daughter, grandchild, sister, bother, mother, father of someone who won't be there any more that human life has been reduced to a statistic!

I absolutely agree with you Yogimax.

The human cost of covid19 has been heartbreaking and every death is a tragedy.

Graham.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I absolutely agree with you Yogimax.

The human cost of covid19 has been heartbreaking and every death is a tragedy.

Graham.

And there is also the ongoing (and getting worse) mental health crisis. At this point most people I know want the vaccines just so we can go back to some semblance of normalcy in our day to day lives. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, yogimax said:

I've been going back and forth with you for months on here and you still haven't produced a solution to save every life from Covid19.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I get it. It gets old. People should be responsible for themselves. 

If you are under 50, statistically you have a better chance of dying driving to work.  Yes, I am aware that I could carry this virus and infect someone.  I had a bright idea back in the spring that I still live with today - DON'T HANG OUT AROUND OLD PEOPLE - STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM OLD PEOPLE AS YOU CAN.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

I've been going back and forth with you for months on here and you still haven't produced a solution to save every life from Covid19.  

Saving EVERY life is impossible.  We want to save many lives as possible.  How?

- Wear a mask when in public

- Socially distance

- Follow basic rules of cleanliness

- avoid crowds

- Listen to the scientists and experts

- Take the vaccine when it is available

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Saving EVERY life is impossible.  We want to save many lives as possible.  How?

- Wear a mask when in public

- Socially distance

- Follow basic rules of cleanliness

- avoid crowds

- Listen to the scientists and experts

- Take the vaccine when it is available

Nice list but some people believe the rules don't apply to them. 

In the UK both  Rita Ora and Kay Burley have both hosted birthday parties which broke lockdown rules

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bloodgem said:

Nice list but some people believe the rules don't apply to them. 

Yes, absolutely true.  There are varieties of reasons why people don't follow the common sense rules, ranging from a sense of invincibility to making a political statement.  Sadly, those that don't follow the rules simply don't care about the well being of others.

Edited by yogimax
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

If you are under 50, statistically you have a better chance of dying driving to work.  Yes, I am aware that I could carry this virus and infect someone.  I had a bright idea back in the spring that I still live with today - DON'T HANG OUT AROUND OLD PEOPLE - STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM OLD PEOPLE AS YOU CAN.  

Would you provide links to the data please?

Staying away from old people is a good first step. How do you know that those with whom you interact follow the same rule? How do you know that people with whom you interact don't have a serious, possibly undiagnosed risk factors?

Is death the only worry? Do you not care if you put an under 50 in the hospital or otherwise cause them to lose a month or more of work? Or if they do it to you?

Edited by broberts
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

And there is also the ongoing (and getting worse) mental health crisis. At this point most people I know want the vaccines just so we can go back to some semblance of normalcy in our day to day lives. 

There is a reason that I have been such vocal proponent of a more moderate response to the virus. Often, pointing out that the survival rate for vast majority of people is better than 99%. I deal with the consequences of the draconian lockdown consequences every single day. Death by suicide, mental health breakdowns, child abuse run rampant and catastrophic substance abuse inflicted on family's directly affecting children is just a small sampling of what's happening every single day.  People sitting in their homes in the suburbs like Westwood Plateau or Walnut Grove demanding everyone stay home from work and school have no idea what goes on in the lives of those at the margins of society.  They are literally advocating for their death. These are selfish, narcissistic frauds who make themselves feel good by giving dirty looks to those who have different opinions than themselves about how best handle this pandemic all while waiting for their luxury goods to be delivered to them from Amazon. They think that by parroting the media line about believing the science they are virtuous and noble people. However, the only science we are allowed to follow is the science that agrees with their particular ideology. They quote scary statistics without context to justify their position.  We see it constantly here on CC.  If  you refuse to do A. B. and C. you are anti-science and you are going to kill masses of people.  This is garbage.  These same people would be terrified just to drive through Main and Hastings in Vancouver and see the consequence of their demands.

I'm sick of these politicians and public health frauds constant virtue signaling about isolating to save grandma. We're not all in this together.  Some of us are paying a vastly higher price but those that are paying the highest toll have no voice and those that speak on their behalf are condemned for suggesting there is an alternative option. These politicians and public health frauds are causing a mental health crisis unparalleled in modern history.  The consequences of this will be felt generations after.  Long after people have even forgotten that the china virus existed we will be dealing with the tragic outcomes of these do-gooders who care nothing about the people their decisions effect the most. The effect that will last to the third generation because poverty and mental health is a generational problem that isn't solved with a government cheque or a bunch of millionaire Hollywood losers singing "Imagine" on a zoom call and posting it on Youtube.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm not sorry speaking the truth, If this brings on CC suspension again, so be it.  I'll go down in one final blaze telling the truth.

Edited by Tree_skier
spelling
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

There is a reason that I have been such vocal proponent of a more moderate response to the virus. Often, pointing out that the survival rate for vast most people is better than 99%. I deal with the consequences of the draconian lockdown consequences every single day. Death by suicide, mental health breakdowns, child abuse run rampant and catastrophic substance abuse inflicted on family's directly affecting children is just a small sampling of what's happening every single day.  People sitting in their homes in the suburbs like Westwood Plateau or Walnut Grove demanding everyone stay home from work and school have no idea what goes on in the lives of those at the margins of society.  They are literally advocating for their death. These are selfish, narcissistic frauds who make themselves feel good by giving dirty looks to those who have different opinions than themselves about how best handle this pandemic all while waiting for their luxury goods to be delivered to them from Amazon. They think that by parroting the media line about believing the science they are virtuous and noble people. However, the only science we are allowed to follow is the science that agrees with their particular ideology. They quote scary statistics without context to justify their position.  We see it constantly here on CC.  If  you refuse to do A. B. and C. you are anti-science and you are going to kill masses of people.  This is garbage.  These same people would be terrified just to drive through Main and Hastings in Vancouver and see the consequence of their demands.

I'm sick of these politicians and public health frauds constant virtue signaling about isolating to save grandma. We're not all in this together.  Some of us are paying a vastly higher price but those that are paying the highest toll have no voice and those that speak on their behalf are condemned for suggesting there is an alternative option. These politicians and public health frauds are causing a mental health crisis unparalleled in modern history.  The consequences of this will be felt generations after.  Long after people have even forgotten that the china virus existed we will be dealing with the tragic outcomes of these do-gooders who care nothing about the people their decisions effect the most. The effect that will last to the third generation because poverty and mental health is a generational problem that isn't is solved with a government cheque or a bunch of millionaire Hollywood losers singing "Imagine" on a zoom call and posting it on Youtube.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm not sorry speaking the truth, If this brings on CC suspension again, so be it.  I'll go down in one final blaze telling the truth.

65lI.gif

• Like 5

Apparently mask wearing and social distancing are bridges too far. Were they not, more restrictive practices would likely remain theoretical.

With a bit of luck we will manage to get enough people vaccinated before the healthcare system breaks down completely.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

There is a reason that I have been such vocal proponent of a more moderate response to the virus. Often, pointing out that the survival rate for vast majority of people is better than 99%. I deal with the consequences of the draconian lockdown consequences every single day. Death by suicide, mental health breakdowns, child abuse run rampant and catastrophic substance abuse inflicted on family's directly affecting children is just a small sampling of what's happening every single day.  People sitting in their homes in the suburbs like Westwood Plateau or Walnut Grove demanding everyone stay home from work and school have no idea what goes on in the lives of those at the margins of society.  They are literally advocating for their death. These are selfish, narcissistic frauds who make themselves feel good by giving dirty looks to those who have different opinions than themselves about how best handle this pandemic all while waiting for their luxury goods to be delivered to them from Amazon. They think that by parroting the media line about believing the science they are virtuous and noble people. However, the only science we are allowed to follow is the science that agrees with their particular ideology. They quote scary statistics without context to justify their position.  We see it constantly here on CC.  If  you refuse to do A. B. and C. you are anti-science and you are going to kill masses of people.  This is garbage.  These same people would be terrified just to drive through Main and Hastings in Vancouver and see the consequence of their demands.

I'm sick of these politicians and public health frauds constant virtue signaling about isolating to save grandma. We're not all in this together.  Some of us are paying a vastly higher price but those that are paying the highest toll have no voice and those that speak on their behalf are condemned for suggesting there is an alternative option. These politicians and public health frauds are causing a mental health crisis unparalleled in modern history.  The consequences of this will be felt generations after.  Long after people have even forgotten that the china virus existed we will be dealing with the tragic outcomes of these do-gooders who care nothing about the people their decisions effect the most. The effect that will last to the third generation because poverty and mental health is a generational problem that isn't solved with a government cheque or a bunch of millionaire Hollywood losers singing "Imagine" on a zoom call and posting it on Youtube.

Bravo Sir, Bravo! I agree 100% with everything you wrote. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Yes, absolutely true.  There are varieties of reasons why people don't follow the common sense rules, ranging from a sense of invincibility to making a political statement.  Sadly, those that don't follow the rules simply don't care about the well being of others.

+1.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

100% Right On!  Thank you, sir, for saying exactly what needed to be said.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Me too.  I get pooh-poohed here all the time by folks who offer nothing but barbs and jabs and unsupportable drivel.  You speak the truth which for some reason is so hard for people to swallow.  I have said now that in a generation everybody will be able to recognize Covid kids.  Pandemics and lockdowns are a human construct,  not a natural phenomenon.  There are a bunch of unhealthy people in first-world countries who do not take care of themselves, and this virus takes the old and the weak - the harvesting effect.  Most here would be shocked if they saw the data stratified by age, co-morbidities, race, and gender.  They've been had. 

Why bring race into this?  Vitamin D, that's why.  There's nothing more racist than keeping information from people who need it the most (search "Vitamin D Race Covid).  You would be amazed how many people of color have no clue about Vitamin D.  Why is there zero talk about it when there is so much data to support the fact there is strong correlation between Vitamin D levels and Covid severity?  That is the biggest Covid crime.

I can rant too.  

• Like 1