8+ Night Update

On 11/24/2020 at 12:33 PM, firefly333 said:

Any firm word on b2b? I see many posts claiming to know for sure they are separate cruises and not affected. The cdc isnt going to bother with the few b2b booked 

I used to be one of those who was sure they were separate cruises...until I heard that Princess wouldn't let a well known YouTube blogger travel agent book a B2B for one of this clients. He called Princess and Princess told him that the CDC said a person can't be on for more than 7 days. If you get off one ship and go to another one in port you'll be subject to fines and jail time. A person is supposed to quarantine for 7 days if they test negative when they get off or 14 days if they are not tested when they get off. He said since manifests are turned into Homeland Security, they will flag you if your name appears on the manifest and the cruise line will be contacted. I am feeling very negative about the CDC at the moment.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

I used to be one of those who was sure they were separate cruises...until I heard that Princess wouldn't let a well known YouTube blogger travel agent book a B2B for one of this clients. He called Princess and Princess told him that the CDC said a person can't be on for more than 7 days. If you get off one ship and go to another one in port you'll be subject to fines and jail time. A person is supposed to quarantine for 7 days if they test negative when they get off or 14 days if they are not tested when they get off. He said since manifests are turned into Homeland Security, they will flag you if your name appears on the manifest and the cruise line will be contacted. I am feeling very negative about the CDC at the moment.

Yes my ta wouldnt book a b2b for april until he was sure what 7 days meant, but I've gotten all kinds of arguments. But I dont see how you could get another covid test before the 2nd leg as a for instance. 

I'm just curious now what rcl will do about b2bs already booked and longer cruises. Feels like we have waited forever for answers. Maybe next month when vaccines start there will be more clarity.

But I'm with you b2bs will not be allowed. 

On 11/24/2020 at 1:34 PM, Cigar King said:

I thought booked cruises could be cancelled for either a refund or credit.  Is there something special about your cruise that prevents that?  I ask as I have several booked for next year and was planning on a couple more.  I was doing that because I assumed I could cancel if need be.

You can cancel any cruise and get either an FCC or a refund but when booked with a Non-refundable deposit the cruise has to be cancelled by RCI  in order to get a refund. Many of us are "in that boat". 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 1:38 PM, Kokomo91165 said:

We just received an email from our travel agent that enclosed a letter from Celebrity. The letter stated that the summer sailings for the Equinox are being replaced by seven night Caribbean sailings leaving on Sunday. Eight night sailings will be reduced to seven night sailings (rates will be protected) and six night sailings will be converted to seven night sailings (rates will be protected). An additional 100 OBC will be issued.

I expect Royal Caribbean will do something similar on the Independence of the Seas summer Caribbean sailings.

We are certainly hoping so.  Fingers crossed RCCL follows suit.

On 11/24/2020 at 2:15 PM, island lady said:

The other problem is Canada...will they extend the ban on cruise ships?  

Probably depends on what the US numbers look like.  If people in the US are packing airports for Thanksgiving like they are showing on the news, then the numbers will be much higher again in a couple of weeks.  And after Christmas.  And after Easter, etc.

On 11/24/2020 at 4:57 PM, RFerrington said:

....which would be just FINE with me.

Skipping Labadee if it permits the ship to do Aruba and Curacao on a 7 day sailing is fine with us too. I am wondering though about excursions.  Why stay in a port til 10 pm like on those islands if there are no excursions planned and you cannot get off the ship?

It also gets me wondering about the private islands...do you need to book an excursion to get off the ship still, or can you just go to their beach?  All should be permitted off the ship, but then do they need say you have to wear a mask all day when at their private islands as well, not much different than them saying you have to wear a mask on the sun deck of a ship outside, even if distanced.

On 11/24/2020 at 5:48 PM, CTCruiser76 said:

I wonder what they are going to do for our Oasis 9 night out of Bayonne on July 30th?  Can't chop off the 2 night and still get to the islands on this itinerary - probably shift it to the 7 night Bahamas/Coco Cay/Part Canaveral ?  

That sounds about right.  Lose you better more southern ports and enjoy Nassau and Port Canaveral.

On 11/24/2020 at 7:43 PM, Scoobydobe7 said:

would the 6-nighter (soon to be 7) also get the $100 OBC??

They already get the bonus of a free extra night.  I am sure they would not get OBC as well.  It makes booking one of those cheaper 6-day cruises now with the anticipation they may make it a 7 day cruise all the more appealing.

Interesting comments here.  I am going to be watching this with great interest to see what transpires.

We are booked on a BTB on Quantum for August-September 2021.  We are also booked on a BTB on Celebrity Apex in March-April 2021.  

I am B2B2B2B2B on the Navigator for a total of 21 days starting in February 2021.  When I call Royal to find out if that is legal under the CDC rules, they have no idea.  Final payment for the first of the five cruises is due December 2nd.  Eventually, Royal will have to pull their head out of the sand and make a ruling on B2B and 8+ cruises.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Our 11-night Canada cruise on Empress in September, with no US ports, is available for sale again! I guess RCI took a better look at the itinerary of the four longer Empress cruises that sail round trip from Montreal

Where are your port stops?  We get some cruise ships here in Charlottetown, PEI where I live. 
Ginny
P.S.  We are on the Odyssey TA in October as are you I believe??

21 minutes ago, Ginlyn said:

Where are your port stops?  We get some cruise ships here in Charlottetown, PEI where I live. 
Ginny
P.S.  We are on the Odyssey TA in October as are you I believe??

Hi, Ginny. Yes, I’m on the Odyssey TA, too.

Our Empress Canada itinerary is Montreal, St. John’s, St. Pierre & Miquelon, Corner Brook, Sydney, Saguenay, Quebec City, and Montreal.

We are on the 8/21 Symphony, 8 days out of Miami. Departs Saturday at 4:30pm and arrives the Sunday after at 6am. Next sailing is that Sunday. 

What will stop Royal if CDC limits cruises to 7 days to arrive Saturday at let’s say 6pm instead of 6am? Those extra 12 hours can mean an extra stop? 

Edited by exm

54 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Hi, Ginny. Yes, I’m on the Odyssey TA, too.

Our Empress Canada itinerary is Montreal, St. John’s, St. Pierre & Miquelon, Corner Brook, Sydney, Saguenay, Quebec City, and Montreal.

Only going to Sydney in the Maritimes.  A nice itinerary.  I’ve been to most of those places but not on a cruise.  Looking forward to meeting you on the odyssey. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, exm said:

We are on the 8/21 Symphony, 8 days out of Miami. Departs Saturday at 4:30pm and arrives the Sunday after at 6am. Next sailing is that Sunday. 

What will stop Royal if CDC limits cruises to 7 days to arrive Saturday at let’s say 6pm instead of 6am? Those extra 12 hours can mean an extra stop? 

That cruise has been pulled from the website as they are no longer allowed to sell cruises longer than 7 nights until at November.  It hasn't been canceled, Royal is trying to figure out what to do with their sailings that are 8 nights or longer.  Celebrity ended up shortening the 8 night ones to be 7 nights long, and added a night to the 7 night ones.  Itineraries did have to change.  Not sure what you mean about getting an extra stop.  I hope we find out what their plan is sooner than later though, especially since Celebrity has announced theirs.  At least they didn't cancel the ones longer than 7 day outright like Princess and HAL did.  

28 minutes ago, exm said:

I am on that sailing too. Now that Royal is changing some 8 Night cruises to 7 Nights I am wondering what they will do with this cruise. If they change it to a 7 Night and still keep Aruba and Curacao I think  I’m ok with that. I booked it for the S. Caribbean itineraries. So hopefully we know soon what the plan is.

23 minutes ago, rockmom said:
58 minutes ago, exm said:

That cruise has been pulled from the website as they are no longer allowed to sell cruises longer than 7 nights until at November.  It hasn't been canceled, Royal is trying to figure out what to do with their sailings that are 8 nights or longer.  Celeb

Yeah I noticed that it was no longer listed and available to book. It’s interesting that Celebrity has taken a different approach to it and are more transparent if you will about the changes. I think RCI is hoping the guidance from the CDC will change now that a vaccine may soon be available. That is just a guest on my part. Again, hopefully they tell us something soon.

5 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Yeah I noticed that it was no longer listed and available to book. It’s interesting that Celebrity has taken a different approach to it and are more transparent if you will about the changes. I think RCI is hoping the guidance from the CDC will change now that a vaccine may soon be available. That is just a guest on my part. Again, hopefully they tell us something soon.

My guess is rcl wants to collect all the final payments they can, without giving away your cruise will be changed and dealing with cancellations. I'm more cynical. 

It's obvious January wouldnt go but yet rcl is waiting to cancel. The more months cancelled, the fewer cruises they have to fix.

23 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I'm on Indy--an 8 night southern itinerary in July.  I'm pretty sure that will be nixed.  Celebrity changed their 8 night Southern's to 7 night eastern and western ones.  This one on Indy was to replace the southern one I had on Freedom this past June that got canceled.  We also had a southern booked for this March which we know won't happen either, so we shifted it to an Eastern on Symphony in March of '22 (you know, since we had a southern for this upcoming July, lol. 🤦‍♀️)

Edited by rockmom

26 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My guess is rcl wants to collect all the final payments they can, without giving away your cruise will be changed and dealing with cancellations. I'm more cynical. 

It's obvious January wouldnt go but yet rcl is waiting to cancel. The more months cancelled, the fewer cruises they have to fix.

Royal is having to deal with far more itinerary changes than Celebrity, thusly it is taking a bit longer.  expect an announcement on the changes shortly.  Nothing at all to do with collecting final payments. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I am B2B2B2B2B on the Navigator for a total of 21 days starting in February 2021.  When I call Royal to find out if that is legal under the CDC rules, they have no idea.  Final payment for the first of the five cruises is due December 2nd.  Eventually, Royal will have to pull their head out of the sand and make a ruling on B2B and 8+ cruises.

I have to ask. I see people saying they are doing this all the time. Why book 5 identical cruises in a row? A third of the days you are in Miami for turn over days.  Just seems booking longer cruises would be better

Edited by Seville2Cabo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal is having to deal with far more itinerary changes than Celebrity, thusly it is taking a bit longer.  expect an announcement on the changes shortly.  Nothing at all to do with collecting final payments. 

So they are just too busy to let people know January is cancelled? 

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:
35 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

19 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I'm on Indy--an 8 night southern itinerary in July.  I'm pretty sure that will be nixed.  Celebrity changed their 8 night Southern's to 7 night eastern and western ones.  This one on Indy was to replace the southern one I had on Freedom this past June that got canceled.  We also had a southern booked for this March which we know won't happen either, so we shifted it to an Eastern on Symphony in March of '22 (you know, since we had a southern for this upcoming July, lol. 🤦‍♀️)

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I tend to think it’s more like what Ken notes. They do have a lot more sailings to juggle around. One would hope they would extend the  Lift and Shift beyond April 2022 since some more sailing will be canceled or modified. I was so looking forward to the 8N S Caribbean on Symphony. I think it’s the one and only Oasis class scheduled for S Caribbean. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I have to ask. I see people saying they are doing this all the time. Why book 5 identical cruises in a row? A third of the days you are in Miami for turn over days.  Just seems booking longer cruises would be better

Because a few months ago Royal was going to only start cruising with 4 or 3 night cruise from Florida that went to Coco Cay.  We rolled the dice that that may be the only option for February.  We have friends that did the same thing.  Now it looks like February will be a no go if B2Bs can not be done.  If only Royal would let us know what is going on.

34 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

One would hope they would extend the  Lift and Shift beyond April 2022

Just my opinion and nothing that I have heard but I think that the reason why only the summer Caribbean itineraries were released as opposed to the entire years worth is that it coincides with the Europe and Alaska itinerary releases and would allow them to extend the Lift and shift through the end of October and keep a consistent date limit without extending the offer to all of the 22/23 season. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just my opinion and nothing that I have heard but I think that the reason why only the summer Caribbean itineraries were released as opposed to the entire years worth is that it coincides with the Europe and Alaska itinerary releases and would allow them to extend the Lift and shift through the end of October and keep a consistent date limit without extending the offer to all of the 22/23 season. 

Thanks Ken. I know most of us here would love to see it extended until December 2022. Wishful thinking, I know.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

They will wait until they have all your final payments. 😂😂😂

• Like 1