B2B Cruises

Sue from Canada

HAL cancelled my back to back cruises last week that I had scheduled for April 2021. They were on Nieuw Amsterdam in the Caribbean then through the Panama Canal. They were two seven day cruises then a 15 day cruise. All cancelled.

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
fixed

I had a B2B booked for May.  My PCC told me I would need to choose one.  I cancelled them both.  The total 14 days would have been Boston round trip.  I also had a 7 day Boston round trip booked for August, HAL made it Boston to Montreal.  I am not allowed to book the return trip.  It will get cancelled if that policy isn’t changed.

5 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

So, HAL had changed all cruises to 7 days only.  Can we do a B2B? If yes, how many B2B segments will they allow?  Thank you.

HAL had changed all cruises to 7 days only                                                                                                                                 Leaving U.S. ports        ONLY        Not the ones  leaving out side of U.S.

Edited by Gail & Marty sailing away

5 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

So, HAL had changed all cruises to 7 days only.  Can we do a B2B? If yes, how many B2B segments will they allow?  Thank you.

Only cruises that touch a US port. Our 24 day Med cruise for May 2021 is still intact. And it is a Collectors Cruise...two 12 day cruises.

18 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

HAL had changed all cruises to 7 days only                                                                                                                                 Leaving U.S. ports        ONLY        Not the ones  leaving out side of U.S.

Well in that case I could do a B2B (Montreal to Boston to Montreal).  Better than nothing and I'd have no flying to do.

On 11/27/2020 at 8:16 AM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Not quite correct.  Cruises of 8 days or more that CALL on a U.S. port are cancelled.  The cruise doesn’t have to leave from the U.S. to be impacted.  It can also arrive in the U.S.  Quoted from the HAL site:  

Cruises of eight days or more that call at a U.S. port through Nov. 1, 2021”

Here is the link to HAL’s statement https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/impacted-cruises.html

22 minutes ago, dfish said:

The shoe will drop on the Canada/New England back to back cruises.   We had one booked and can only keep one of them, so like Crazy for Cats, we cancelled both and booked Norway for 14 days.  

We love Norway!  A great replacement cruise to choose.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dfish said:

The shoe will drop on the Canada/New England back to back cruises.   We had one booked and can only keep one of them, so like Crazy for Cats, we cancelled both and booked Norway for 14 days.  

I would be interested in how HAL handled your bookings that got cancelled. 

1. Did they inform you that the cruise was cancelled by email?

2. How was your refund handled if you were paid in full?

3. I'm assuming that both cruises are still going but they would not let you stay on board?

BTW i'm still booked as of today for the 7/3 departure B2B.

14 minutes ago, semibeater said:

I would be interested in how HAL handled your bookings that got cancelled. 

1. Did they inform you that the cruise was cancelled by email?

2. How was your refund handled if you were paid in full?

3. I'm assuming that both cruises are still going but they would not let you stay on board?

BTW i'm still booked as of today for the 7/3 departure B2B.

They had switched the itinerary from Boston/Montreal/Boston to Montreal/Boston/Montreal.  That didn't work as well for us so we tried to cancel the second week and add a week at the beginning to get the Boston round trip that we wanted.  They wouldn't let us do that and said we had to choose which of the two weeks we had booked that we wanted.  

When we cancelled both of those and booked Norway, they simply transferred the deposits over to the Norway cruise.  The perks did not transfer as they only go to the same product, according to the PCC, even though they weren't offering the product anymore.  Whatever.  We got a pretty good price with a private sale.  Good enough that we upgraded from an inside to a balcony cabin.  

Yes, both cruises are still going.   Once they work through the new round of cancellations, they will clean up the back to back bookings.   Norway is where we were supposed to go this past summer, so we are just as happy.