Question about Shareholder OBC?

trvlwrld

Carnival doesn't pay it out. They do not buy the stock when you sell other investors or institutions buy the stock.  That what stock exchanges are for.  They match buyers with sellers.

Edited by franktown
add
  • Like 1

Yes but they use the money generated by stock sales and if large blocks of stock hits the market in a short time then that price drops. And their sale to others would not be immediate. So would there be buyers for 77.5 million shares that are up for sale at the current price of $22.00+.  Doubt it.

Edited by Potstech

3 hours ago, Potstech said:

Yes but they use the money generated by stock sales and if large blocks of stock hits the market in a short time then that price drops. And their sale to others would not be immediate.

CCL Corp is not involved at all when shares of stock are sold/brought on a stock exchange.

CCL Corp is only involved when they do a stock buyback or issue new shares.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grego said:

We actually added to our current shares of CCL stock during the early days of the pandemic....not a great financial move since it dipped big time after that, but we felt better for it.

This will make you feel better....I bought my 100 shares a few years ago at around  60!😪

Edited by PaperSniper4

13 hours ago, caribill said:

CCL Corp is not involved at all when shares of stock are sold/brought on a stock exchange.

CCL Corp is only involved when they do a stock buyback or issue new shares.

So then why do they sell stock if they get no monetary benefit from it?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Potstech said:

They do not sell most stock that purchase through your broker.  The stock you purchase is from people who bought Carnival stock previously and have decide they want to sell for one of many reason.  When Carnival went from a private company to a public company they sold stock to investor who wanted to own part of the company.  Occasionally they will sell additional shares to raise capital.  They did that recently.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Potstech said:

The stock you see being sold every day on the stock exchange is being sold by individuals and investment firms, not by CCL Corp.  CCL Corp. does not receive any money from these sales.

Periodically, CCL Corp. will, as they did recently, sell new shares from which they received the proceeds. These sales do not show up on the stock exchange but the new holders of this new stock could end up selling those shares on the stock exchange sooner or later, with the proceeds from those sales going to the individuals/investment firms.

23 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

This will make you feel better....I bought my 100 shares a few years ago at around  60!😪

We were lucky to have purchased our original 100 shares at $30 and enjoyed the ride and all the SHB until this year.  Don't forget the dividend as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grego said:

We were lucky to have purchased our original 100 shares at $30 and enjoyed the ride and all the SHB until this year.  Don't forget the dividend as well.

When we bought ours I think it was either $33 or $34. And wasn't it nice when the dividend doubled.

3 hours ago, mitchella51 said:

Where can I find the official form on my booking or does anyone have a link or copy of the form.

This is the most recent copy of the request form which isn’t required to be used but does explain how to apply. This has contact information for the US, CA & UK but don’t know where to apply in AU.

Recently there were posts with an email address for the US to submit requests:

sbpcl@princesscruises.com

Shareholder Benefit Request Form.pdf

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 5:45 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

Ouch. I bought at 56, dividends + OBC of 1300, sold at 14 bringing that lot to a 29 per share loss ..... repurchased 300 at 8.73 -- sold 100 @ 16.21 / 100 @ 17.74 / my net is 21.24 so I'm FINALLY even. I know that's not how I should view it but I do. No idea how wash sale rules factor in. Waited 30 days before buying back in ...

Already 'supposedly' have 400 OBC if ships sail

On 12/10/2020 at 10:28 PM, Potstech said:

There are also plenty who bought shares just for the OBC. If just 10% decide to sell that is 77.5 million shares at current price per share. Can Carnival afford to pay that amount of money out along with taking a hit on share price? Not likely these days.

Just noticed today- 12/14/20 that there was 54.4 million shares of Carnival stock sold on a normal day. I purchased years ago for my retirement fund, but haven’t sailed any  Carnival Corp. ships since 2000- Disney & Celebrity for last 20 years. We do have a 28 day trans-pacific scheduled on Princess in 2022 though. I doubt if most cruisers who look forward to this benefit have more than a few hundred shares. Charlie

On 12/10/2020 at 10:28 PM, Potstech said:

There are also plenty who bought shares just for the OBC. If just 10% decide to sell that is 77.5 million shares at current price per share. Can Carnival afford to pay that amount of money out along with taking a hit on share price? Not likely these days.

Sorry duplicated post

Edited by cjmayes51

• 1 month later...