P&O Arvia Construction

Monorail Orange

2 minutes ago, tring said:

The 24 night one next Sept is Arcadia up the St Lawrence and is still on sale. R114 is Aurora to NY and back.  We were booking on that and were not really expecting it to go ahead, but we jumped ship for a one week fiords with a cabin at the back and have no regrets we did.  Just a lot less hassle and risk of wasting a lot of cash on a cruise we would not want with covid restraints

Sorry just had a panic moment then and just looked at ours it’s J114 you are right , I can breathe a little while longer at the moment now 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tring said:

The 24 night one next Sept is Arcadia up the St Lawrence and is still on sale. R114 is Aurora to NY and back.  We were booking on that and were not really expecting it to go ahead, but we jumped ship for a one week fiords with a cabin at the back and have no regrets we did.  Just a lot less hassle and risk of wasting a lot of cash on a cruise we would not want with covid restraints

We've been looking at the Arcadia one for this year.  Bit pricey, but would be a totally new itinery and a one off for us.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

We are also booked on this one but not had any cancellation yet , full payment due in March it’s for 24 nights, it’s beginning to look like another cruise less year for us as only today found out our 24th April on Iona is cancelled, also expecting our June 16th one to be cancelled on celebrity to St Petersburg etc, 

Where did you find this out? The 24 April Iona is still on website. 

6 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Where did you find this out? The 24 April Iona is still on website. 

we had a letter come through the post that our payment was due on December 18 th while we were away on holiday, thought it was a mistake by the travel agent so phoned them up today because the whole cruise should of been paid by a FCC , she then contacted P &O who then told them that although they cancelled all cruises up till 24th April they have also included this one and will resume cruises starting 1st may if all being well by then , but they didn’t inform the travel agent and it wasn’t on their system 

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We've been looking at the Arcadia one for this year.  Bit pricey, but would be a totally new itinery and a one off for us.

We did similar on Black Watch a few years ago, but went on to Montreal.  Was a very good cruise, but having Canadian relatives, I am no more confident that they will take a cruise ship from England next September either.  Apparently the Eastern coastal region is very difficult to infiltrate at present, even by other Canadians, but the covid numbers in Newfoundland have basically been countable on one hand, which is good for my brother and SIL as both are particularly vulnerable.  Montreal and Quebec have fairly high numbers, but I do not think they are as high as us.

• Thanks 1

That's interesting to know, thank you.

Also thinking of Azura's repositioning cruise from Valletta to the Caribbean as alternative.  However that may not happen either.

Might just wait and see what the good news is that Molecrochip has suggested may happen later this month. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Host Sharon changed the title to P&O Arvia Construction
47 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

Thanks for updating the title Sharon.

And thanks for the link jaydee. I know I said this when Iona was being built, but it still amazes me how relativly quick the construction proccess is. Its February '21 and she launches late '22. Wow..

It is amazing what they do, and on the scale they are doing it is impressive.

There is now space at Papenburg as Odyssey of the Seas undertook the Ems conveyance this morning.  A few more Disney sections have been arriving this week.

1 hour ago, Monorail Orange said:

Thanks for updating the title Sharon.

And thanks for the link jaydee. I know I said this when Iona was being built, but it still amazes me how relativly quick the construction proccess is. Its February '21 and she launches late '22. Wow..

I must admit I didn't realise that Arvia launches late 22.  Certainly is amazing how they can build a ship so quickly.

23 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

Far as I know its still on for 'late' '22. Even if its New Year's Eve... that's what, 22 months? Its incredible.

According to Moley, the plan was for the maiden to be before the Xmas 2022 cruise, so with sea trials and shakedowns before that.

It is fairly amazing how quickly things happen but I guess there are some factors that help to speed things up. Two that spring to mind are the cabins being constructed separately and then just dropped in en-block, limiting the amount of connection needed when installed and also the fact that these ships are all made to a template, so after the first one, they know what they are dealing with. Still an incredible feat of engineering though.

Showing off now!  

We bought a narrow boat off plan. The steel work took  no time at all, but the interior fittings, plumbing, electrics etc were time consuming, especially as it was a one off build 

However, as as just been mentioned,  in a large project, it is much easier to prefabricate all the various accomodation units, and, let's be honest, all the current cruise liners are basically the same when you strip away the exterior adornments.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

P&O have updated the Arvia page with a few photos and more information. 

Skywalk walkway, minigolf, gin and rum distillery and a swim up bar.

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-ships/introducing-arvia?fbclid=IwAR1ox20ngHdFX6VPuhRUNXzUMp5Njfzt31H7nWvEhs6CEYcN8UtUGnXDj0E

Swim-pool.jpg.image.740.555.high.jpg

Pools-deck2880x1047.jpg

Looks absolutely superb, can not wait to sail on her. Hopefully they register her in Bermuda so we can look at having our ‘Plan B’ wedding on her! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, sealynx said:

I'm confused. An article on cruiseindustrynews says the Arvia will have P&O's first retractable SkyDome. But don't all P&O's ships have such a roof?

They mean the concept of the ‘SkyDome’ not just a roof over a pool because they’re saying it’s a venue too with shows etc 

Although I am booked on Iona at the end of November, having missed the original maiden cruise and looking forward to sailing on her, from the new information I am not sure I will feel the same way about Arvia. The demographic they seem to be targeting seems different from Iona and the other ships and not one that I fit. Nothing to do with her size but probably not for me. 

She must be a warm weather ship so unlikely to be based in Southampton. I dread to think what may happen with the rope adventure above the top deck whilst going through Biscay.