The Daily for Tuesday Dec 8, 2020

richwmn

today is National Brownie Day and National Christmas Tree Day

The more things change, the more they stay insane.

Meal suggestion for today - Garlicky Cream Corn Chicken

Drink of the Day - Christmosas

Wine of the day - Leeuwin Chardonnay Margaret River Art Series vintage 2016

at Sea Atlantic
Nieuw Statendam destination Sint Eustatius eta 12/11
Westerdam destination Sint Eustatius eta 12/13

at Sea Pacific
Koningsdam destination Puerto Vallarta eta 12/11
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Puerto Vallarta 12/13

Freeport Anchorage
Eurodam

Gibraltar West Anchorage
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Torquay Anchorage
Volendam
Zaandam

Williemstad
Oosterdam

1208World.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  Fof just once, I have a very small Christmas tree in my window bay.  I'll pass on the Brownies and the meal suggestion but do love the quote.  My alternative is Chilled Anjou Pear Soup, Perfectly Grilled Breast of Chicken, and Rhubarb Crisp, as served on the Prinsendam December 8, 2013.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Dismomx5's sister and niece-nurse turning covid-positive

NextOne DH with Renal Cancer

CrabbyPatti’s dad with dimentia

Mary229's sister with cancer

Ine DH Recovering from Bypass Surgery

Haines, Alaska

RIP Paul Sarbanes and Chuck Yeagar

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Occasional posters like bdrcole and ChaCr

Front Line Health Care Workers and support staff

Teachers and school workers

Good surgery for Cruisin Single and Ine’s DH

USCG Rescuing a boater off North Carolina

Remembering John Linnon

Gary Bath of British Columbia and his DW

Gitanjali Rao, Time Kid of the Year

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

oming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Dismomx5's sister and niece-nurse turning covid-positive

NextOne DH with Renal Cancer

CrabbyPatti’s dad with dimentia

Mary229's sister with cancer

Ine DH Recovering from Bypass Surgery

Haines, Alaska

RIP Paul Sarbanes and Chuck Yeagar

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, thanks for the Daily Report.

You say Brownies!  I say it's going to be a good day.  🙂

Love the quote.

I'll google the meal suggestion, I was going to make something with chicken tonight, so maybe.

Prayers for our world.  And cheers to all with something to celebrate.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 11

Good morning.  Have a box of brownie mix ready to make today....yea I'm ready for Brownie Day.  Our tree is out on the lanai.  The Meal suggestion sounds really good.  And the Quote is a good one.

Christmosas:

Yields: 8 servings

Ingredients

2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
1 c. whole fresh cranberries
1 c. green grapes, halved
1 c. pomegranate seeds
1 c. sparkling grape juice
1 (750-ml.) bottle Champagne, Prosecco, or Cava

Directions

In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine apples, cranberries, grapes, and pomegranate seeds. Pour over sparkling grape juice and Champagne and stir well to serve.

Prayers and congratulations to our lists.  Prayers for UK and the first vaccine injections.  I hope it's athe start of getting this horrid covid eliminated.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

• Like 15

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Brownies and Christmas trees - that’s a combination that should make nearly everyone happy 😄 

Love the quote - it certainly is true in these times.

I’ll pass on the meal suggestion with left over steak.  The drink of the day sounds intriguing, thanks summer.

YAY - a white wine again - looking froward to hearing Cat’s description of the chardonnay,

C89D40E5-C243-463E-8DCC-AEFF88FE89D7.jpeg.47401162490deb324d8425ff7683a7b9.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care List & those that need them and a toast to everyone on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

D7A52A92-1FA2-4098-8CD5-F75A79D1FF95.jpeg.bfea5040b95ca1a0bad8008f8b825e11.jpeg

Have a great Tuesday everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 20

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily. Your quote today could have been beneficial yesterday. Sophie was put in the bedroom while the guys installed our appliances and howled the entire time. For a teeny baby she sure has a set of lungs! (Hi to Cassie)

Good morning Roy. Praying for you and brother. Hi sisters! Ann I think I will like this wine. Denise I love your posts with all your flowers and hearts and sweet words. Hi to Bindi and Paisley!

When we moved, we sold everything Christmas except for some precious things we bought while traveling. We assumed we'd be in our Maui place for 6 weeks, and cruising from Thanksgiving thru the New Year. So.. I ordered a fresh table tree and wreath from LL Bean and they were supposed to be delivered 2 weeks ago. Where are they ?&%! At least Alexa plays Christmas music for us and there's all the Hallmark Christmas movies on now.

Last nights rib eye was delicious. Tonight I am making Allen's southern fare. Mustard-collard-turnip greens, corn bread and pork chop. And wine. Lots of it.

Prayers and cheers to all on Roy's list. Please keep positive. I know the numbers are going crazy and Californians are on lock down, but there's light coming soon. God bless y'all. 

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Prayers and cheers to all on Roy's list. Please keep positive. I know the numbers are going crazy and Californians are on lock down, but there's light coming soon. God bless y'all.

I'm thinking there may be a glimmer of hope here in Maryland.  Things are still far too high but with some tentative signs of slowing down a bit.  Yesterday's new cases had a drop for the 4th straight day which might have been the fact that it was based on testing on Sunday but we had a slight drop in the positivity rate and slight drops both in total hospital and ICU.  I'll have a better look in 2-3 hours.

Roy

• Like 14

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! It is good to have time to sit & enjoy it! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Deeni, sounds like your suture removal went well. I love Joy’s idea of using nothing sharper than crayons for awhile. Joy - At least your tree didn’t faint!

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists. I appreciate your mention. @Dismomx5, I am so sorry to hear about your Sister and her family. Bless you for supporting them.

Bindi & I are home, though the 42 degrees temp was a rude awakening this morning. I will be happy to celebrate brownie & Christmas tree day today! I plan to put mine up this afternoon, I will post a pic later, if I do. The quote is spot on. Salmon is on my menu tonight.
@summer slope, thank you for that recipe. It almost sounds like a sparkling white sangria! I just might have to try it! @ger_77, when I post my tutorial on YouTube, I will let you know.🙃 @KirkNC, you might just have started a new tradition - eating brownies, while decorating the tree!

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers for all who are celebrating. Stay well everyone!

This Australian Chardonnay has stellar ratings and since all released vintages have similar ratings, you might be able to find a price lower than $69.95. If you live in Western Australia, you also might be able to find a lower price, too. The “wet stones” are back!

#28 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

The nose is energetic, precise and finite with remarkable clarity and purity. Lime, lemon pith, grapefruit and Nashi pear are the hallmark fruits present. Delicate notes of jasmine, cardamom pod, flint, wet stone, blanched almonds and rice wafer give subtle complexity in the background. Grapefruit, pear and lemon are set in the foreground amongst nougat, brioche,cinnamon and graphite. Wine with incredible poise and presence, with a long life ahead.

WS96 Wine Spectator: Refined and elegant, this white is supple, yet intense and precise, with lemon curd, apricot, honeycomb and mandarin orange flavors, accented by floral and mineral details. The secret weapon here is the sleek acidity, which weaves in and out, giving the flavors definition and verve. Drink now through 2034.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 14

16 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I'm thinking there may be a glimmer of hope here in Maryland.  Things are still far too high but with some tentative signs of slowing down a bit.  Yesterday's new cases had a drop for the 4th straight day which might have been the fact that it was based on testing on Sunday but we had a slight drop in the positivity rate and slight drops both in total hospital and ICU.  I'll have a better look in 2-3 hours.

Roy

Glad to hear it, my mother lives in Gaithersburg.  Here in NC we are through the roof.  For months we had 800-1000 new daily cases, now over 6,000.  Not quite sure why.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KirkNC said:

Glad to hear it, my mother lives in Gaithersburg.  Here in NC we are through the roof.  For months we had 800-1000 new daily cases, now over 6,000.  Not quite sure why.

My guess would be Thanksgiving gatherings. 

• Like 8

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Rich, you had me at Brownies.  We put our tree up on the weekend, so now we are able to enjoy it in the evenings as we sip an after dinner coffee.

I can't believe after all this time (since March) that we still have "stuff" that we no longer need.  Every time I turn around it seems there's another area we haven't looked at - the perils of 2 people living in a big house, I guess.  Yesterday we started to tackle the library and already we have 7 boxes of books to donate.  The religious ones will go to a Mission store, while the rest are going to a small town library to increase their stock.  We'll be heading out in a couple of hours to make our deliveries and pick up a few groceries on the way back.

I love the menu suggestion today and spent  time looking up the recipe and copy and pasting it so I can make it this evening.  We have all except the heavy cream and fresh thyme on hand, so will see how close I can replicate the photos of the dish.  Served along with a salad will make a tasty dinner tonight.  And wine.

Today is our darling grandson's 1st birthday - we so wish we could be together, but his darn Covid is preventing us from doing that.  We'll be doing a Skype call this evening to say hello and watch him enjoy some ice cream cake.  🎂

Prayers for everyone who needs them, especially those whose family members and friends have been affected by Covid, and even for those who don't think they need guidance.  Raising our wine glasses to toast all on the celebration list and of course, to our dear GS, Parker.  Stay well, be safe, wash your hands and wear your mask.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 14

I have a small favor to ask. I am starting to set up everything for next year, with the hope that we all have that cruises will start up sometime around the first of April. We all know that the schedules will be revised until at least the time that the first passengers board.

With that in mind, if someone receives notification from HAL or their Travel Agent that a schedule has changed, would you please let me know so I can update the master list. My email is my screen name here at either gmail or yahoo.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.

Rich

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Last year on this day I was in Key West. It was a Sunday and I attended church at the Methodist on Eaton St.

We got the tree yesterday and had to fight getting it to stay upright in the stand. The hole was drilled crooked, finally it’s standing upright 😀 

Brownies sound good, haven’t had any for a long time.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I have a small favor to ask. I am starting to set up everything for next year, with the hope that we all have that cruises will start up sometime around the first of April. We all know that the schedules will be revised until at least the time that the first passengers board.

With that in mind, if someone receives notification from HAL or their Travel Agent that a schedule has changed, would you please let me know so I can update the master list. My email is my screen name here at either gmail or yahoo.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.

Rich

Happy to do so, Rich.

If I get notified of changes for the FCL, would you like me to let you know that, too?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Today is our darling grandson's 1st birthday - we so wish we could be together, but his darn Covid is preventing us from doing that. 

Happy birthday to your grandson, Gerry 🎂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1