C and A Double Points Offer extended into 2022

molly361

14 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Lots of new Pinnacle’s in the future. Congratulations. 

Well, you can congratulate me the end of January 2022, if it all works out.  I don't care what lounge I go to, but I can say that while in a very crowded one last year, I was wistfully looking through the glass wall into the Suite / Pinnacle Lounge that was 90% empty...........................

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pcur said:

Well, you can congratulate me the end of January 2022, if it all works out.  I don't care what lounge I go to, but I can say that while in a very crowded one last year, I was wistfully looking through the glass wall into the Suite / Pinnacle Lounge that was 90% empty...........................

I dont think there is any chance of me hitting 750 loyalty pts it's so far away, not unless I moved closer to a port. If I lived in a port and could uber it and not pay parking would go more.

Congrats early to you.

6 minutes ago, pcur said:

Generally, it’s not an issue. But on some cruises it is. 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

One nice thing about being able to get with the LA on board...get the preferences corrected.  😉 

My last cruise in Jan on Adventure I had not received my usual bottle of wine. I went to talk to the LA. He pulls up my account and says that it shows that I was sent a fruit plate. I say to him... don't send me anything that I can get for free in the Windjammer. The bottle was in my cabin after turn downs that evening.☺

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

My last cruise in Jan on Adventure I had not received my usual bottle of wine. I went to talk to the LA. He pulls up my account and says that it shows that I was sent a fruit plate. I say to him... don't send me anything that I can get for free in the Windjammer. The bottle was in my cabin after turn downs that evening.☺

Just like the cookies....ummm..really?  Can pick up fresher ones myself, versus yesterday's leftovers.  😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I dont think there is any chance of me hitting 750 loyalty pts it's so far away, not unless I moved closer to a port. If I lived in a port and could uber it and not pay parking would go more.

Congrats early to you.

Actually you are closer than you think....it's only 700 points...not 750.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Actually you are closer than you think....it's only 700 points...not 750.  😉 

Lol I'll be over 200 in no time ...if cruises ever resume. It's those next 500 pts that will probably take more time than I'll be cruising unless I move. And only book rcl.. 

I did price palm coast and palm bay last night and wow on prices. Sure up since I lived in florida. Maybe closer to venice fl by my cousin, but he isnt right be a port either but I'd be close to family.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ashland said:

So it was OK when they banned D+ from the CL ?

You are misunderstanding.  I am not saying that Pinnacles should be banned from the Suite Lounge.  I was quoting M8 who, in essence, said that.

No, it was not okay that D+ were banned from the CL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, "these days" there is no difference at all.😉

That's basically what I see as well.  Now, I concede that sometimes one lounge has a nicer view or location, but, other than that, there's not really a lot of difference.  

Too me, the real difference is one of perception.  There's something about being in a space that others are excluded from.  

35 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Too me, the real difference is one of perception.  There's something about being in a space that others are excluded from.  

To quote Groucho Marx, “I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member”

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, island lady said:

Have never found a decent Sauvignon Blanc on the ship.  Unless I bring it on myself...but tough to do on B2Bs.  😉 

If you are B2B you can bring on board your allotment for each week.  Be sure to have your paperwork handy for the 2nd week to show that you are B2B.

3 hours ago, Cigar King said:

I think so.  is there any significant difference in the offerings of one lounge or the other these days?

The DL was a lot more crowded than the CL used to be...and also size and location of the different lounges varies by ship. I think it was a definite demotion for the D+ to be kicked out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

The DL was a lot more crowded than the CL used to be...and also size and location of the different lounges varies by ship. I think it was a definite demotion for the D+ to be kicked out.

Agree!  Take Anthem, for instance.  It was a beautiful CL spanning the entire aft of the ship with open views.  In addition, in our experience never crowded.  The DL, however, overcrowded with no view.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I think it was a definite demotion for the D+ to be kicked out.

I think that's the whole point.  The lounges are basically the same.  There may be some differences, but, they are minor in comparison.

It's a perception that one is superior than the other.  That's the real difference.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

The wine is better during happy hour now.  😉 🍷

Lol I took it as the wine is better at home during your home happy hour.

Going to be a lot more D+ with double pts, and having them in the suite lounge, will just make it crowded lol. Heck I've only been in diamond lounge once and I'll be diamond + in a year, sometime, .. have no idea. If my April cruise goes would help. Wouldnt cruise again on rcl for a year. Dec 2021. I've given up on guessing when cruises will resume. .but I'm guessing will be a lot more whenever we start back, soon after. Ka boom! 

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Agree!  Take Anthem, for instance.  It was a beautiful CL spanning the entire aft of the ship with open views.  In addition, in our experience never crowded.  The DL, however, overcrowded with no view.

Loved the one on Anthem...and the fact that it had it's own bathroom was a plus.

Agree about the DL on that ship. 

It actually varies so much by ship...some the DL was a better space..We loved the DL on Radiance with the overflow and the great views.

• Like 1

I really like the DL location on Voyager and Freedom class ships. Unfortunately, some of them lost their outside seating area when the suite lounges were added. The outside seating for the SLs required a relocation of the staging area for the rock walls which took the DL outside area.

4 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

If you are B2B you can bring on board your allotment for each week.  Be sure to have your paperwork handy for the 2nd week to show that you are B2B.

Yeah, unless you are flying to a port.  😉   The duty free liquor shop in PR is a joke, and in fact sold me what should have been a good SB...at a tune of 40 bucks...but it was cooked...nasty.  They don't refund, was stuck.