Britannia Club, what do you get?

Lanky Lad

I am looking at a trip on QE in July 2021 using my FCC from August 2020. To use all of my FCC, I would need to book a Club class cabin.  My question is what do I get extra in Club, apart from open seating? Alternatively, I could look for an inside Britannia cabin on a longer trip. 

• Like 1

You don't really get much extra. On the QM2 we got towelling robes instead of waffle ones.

We got a few strawberries coated in chocolate on embarkation day and that was it, apart from the dining as you mention. You are supposed to get a pillow menu but we didn't.

1 hour ago, Lanky Lad said:

I am looking at a trip on QE in July 2021 using my FCC from August 2020. To use all of my FCC, I would need to book a Club class cabin.  My question is what do I get extra in Club, apart from open seating? Alternatively, I could look for an inside Britannia cabin on a longer trip. 

Hi Lanky,

As you may have seen in the past my DW and I enjoy always book Club Grade on the QM2. Besides a little better cabin which all Clubs are Balconies, our very main attraction was the Open Dining at each meal ( B, L & D). Which also includes a pre-assigned table for each meal also. We also like the added sort of Pre Grill Menu to experience. The separate dining room does have an intimate backdrop that resembles Princess Grill restaurant.

We are Diamond so we also experience extra perks added to the Club Cabin offering.

It sort of how passengers see and experience the Club Grade from previous cabin grades on the ship.

Agree with Eddie’s comments, we really enjoyed the unique concept of a fixed table at open times.

Also the expanded menu options, highly attentive service, flambé, etc.

Recommend the new forward cabins on Deck 13, quite nice.

No stability issues on our Fall 2018 t/a.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Hi Lanky,

As you may have seen in the past my DW and I enjoy always book Club Grade on the QM2. Besides a little better cabin which all Clubs are Balconies, our very main attraction was the Open Dining at each meal ( B, L & D). Which also includes a pre-assigned table for each meal also. We also like the added sort of Pre Grill Menu to experience. The separate dining room does have an intimate backdrop that resembles Princess Grill restaurant.

We are Diamond so we also experience extra perks added to the Club Cabin offering.

It sort of how passengers see and experience the Club Grade from previous cabin grades on the ship.

I'm confused by the separate dining room remark.  On QM2, Club Class is the aft section of Britannia.  There is virtually no separation from the main dining room.

14 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Agree with Eddie’s comments, we really enjoyed the unique concept of a fixed table at open times.

Also the expanded menu options, highly attentive service, flambé, etc.

Recommend the new forward cabins on Deck 13, quite nice.

No stability issues on our Fall 2018 t/a.

Hi foodsvcmgr,

Yes the expanded menu was a real treat since the original menu is like the one in Britannia. We used it quite often. And WOW the flambe's were a treat tableside. Svc was also higher I agree and personalized. Set table great!

We were in the new addition the last time and was very nice and modern but quite a walk to the Club Dining Room. Stairway/Elevator A all the way back to Stairway/Elevator D.

2 hours ago, 57eric said:

I'm confused by the separate dining room remark.  On QM2, Club Class is the aft section of Britannia.  There is virtually no separation from the main dining room.

57eric,

Yes there is a separation with each of the Club Dining Rooms in the Aft Section from the Main Britannia Restaurant.

Port Side is separated with a Solid Wall from the Main Britannia. Forward section of Port is in that area and further back is an enclosed dining room. This was the first Club Britannia Dining Room we experienced.

The Starboard Side does separate the Main Dining Room with a constructed partition from Main Britannia. Again an enclosed Club Dining Room is behind this section. These dining areas were added after the the Deck 13 cabin on the last refit. This section was once part of the Main Britannia.

We experienced both and felt very comfortable and separated from the Main Dining Room.

Port Side.jpg

Port Side forward portion - Club Britannia - QM2

Starboard Side.jpg

Starboard Side forward portion - Club Britannia - QM2

Main Britannia Restaurant is on the other side of these separations

Edited by BklynBoy8

6 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

57eric,

Yes there is a separation with each of the Club Dining Rooms in the Aft Section from the Main Britannia Restaurant.

Port Side is separated with a Solid Wall from the Main Britannia. Forward section of Port is in that area and further back is an enclosed dining room. This was the first Club Britannia Dining Room we experienced.

The Starboard Side does separate the Main Dining Room with a constructed partition from Main Britannia. Again an enclosed Club Dining Room is behind this section. These dining areas were added after the the Deck 13 cabin on the last refit. This section was once part of the Main Britannia.

We experienced both and felt very comfortable and separated from the Main Dining Room.

Port Side.jpg

Port Side forward portion - Club Britannia - QM2

Starboard Side.jpg

Starboard Side forward portion - Club Britannia - QM2

Main Britannia Restaurant is on the other side of these separations

Always something new to learn.  I'll have to take a closer look next time I'm aboard.  Not too long, I hope.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 57eric said:

Always something new to learn.  I'll have to take a closer look next time I'm aboard.  Not too long, I hope.

57eric,

This we what I like about CC, there is always room to learn something new and share each of our knowledge with each other. I have learned a lot from members like you and others on these boards.

I too wish both of us to soon sail once again on board our favorite ships..... Wishing you Future Bon Voyage..

If I remember right when they introduced Britannia Club staterooms and positioned the Club restaurant where it is is on QE/QV there were many complaints on forums and on the ships about positioning of the restaurant and what was lost that was there before.

Edited by majortom10

56 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

If I remember right when they introduced Britannia Club staterooms and positioned the Club restaurant where it is is on QE/QV there were many complaints on forums and on the ships about positioning of the restaurant and what was lost that was there before.

Didn't QE always have Brit. Club? I'm sure I dined there in her first year. I know there were lots of moans when they inserted it on QV.

Lanky,

Do hope you enjoy the experience. We have in the past and look forward to future sailings with the Pre Grill Experience. Maybe one day we will get the opportunity to try a Club Dining Room on one of the other ships. 

I'll add my two cents .. We've done Club on QM2 several times .. loved the single seating and reserved tables, expanded menu and lovely service. 

Club dining on QV and QE are even better ...

Cabin is just a regular balcony cabin.  Still .. I think Britannia Club is the best value Cunard offers.