Face masks at sea.

My April cruise was cancelled in March. I've held out making a decision regarding refund vs. credit with OBC. After reading in this thread that a crew member thinks we will be required to wear a mask for 12 months after cruising resumes, I went ahead and requested the refund. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing. Wearing something I hate and worrying about mask patrols if it slips below my nose or I take too long returning my mask after taking a sip of my drink is a no-go for me. I took 4 trips down to Florida this year in lieu of going to the Caribbean. I'll continue to do this until restrictions are relaxed. I'm willing to wear the mask during embarkation and debarkation but that's it. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, HxFx said:

After reading in this thread that a crew member thinks we will be required to wear a mask for 12 months after cruising resumes

Just a quick question. I have nothing against Chris. I have never met him and probably never will and I am sure he is sound but why is a crew member on this forum? I thought this forum was for the passengers of cruising not the crew members?. After all I don't think they allow travel agents to post here do they?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Just a quick question. I have nothing against Chris. I have never met him and probably never will and I am sure he is sound but why is a crew member on this forum? I thought this forum was for the passengers of cruising not the crew members?. After all I don't think they allow travel agents to post here do they?

I don't know the protocols but do appreciate crew insight so would welcome them here. I was already leaning toward refund these last few weeks since many are saying we would still be required to wear masks following a vaccine. What Chris said makes sense. I think cruise protocols will go beyond other activities due to the high scrutiny they get. I'll just wait for it to get back to pre-COVID. If that never happens I guess I'll just stick with land vacations. Recreational cruising was pretty new for me and I was looking forward to trying more lines/activities/itineraries but I love land vacations too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Big Brother, Rex Ryan will wear a mask while watching everyone.

Finally, we are switching to something more pleasurable topic (NFL) than "masqueraded" cruises. I'm picturing a cruise like below (for thousands $$ spent on presumable pleasures... the judgment day has finally arrived).  Anyone, does it feel as something to look forward to?

image.thumb.png.2cb10286fd6162e7b96b3246308eeeb2.png

1 hour ago, kirtihk said:

Finally, we are switching to something more pleasurable topic (NFL) than "masqueraded" cruises. I'm picturing a cruise like below (for thousands $$ spent on presumable pleasures... the judgment day has finally arrived).  Anyone, does it feel as something to look forward to?

image.thumb.png.2cb10286fd6162e7b96b3246308eeeb2.png

Is this from Eyes Wide Shut ?

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

You think too much. Time to give it a rest.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

You think too much. Time to give it a rest.

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Many of the CC regulars are TA’s

8 hours ago, ace2542 said:

There are many travel agents on CC. 

On 12/10/2020 at 6:18 PM, pcur said:

Here in CA it's so normal for everyone to wear a mask that the people that DON'T wear one are the people we notice the most.  

It's going to become a "no mask, no service" kind of world for a while, and everyone has to make their own decision about it.

I would expect nothing less from CA. Luckily, in Florida, we still have our civil liberties. 

• Like 3

On 12/18/2020 at 11:04 AM, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

At first, I thought the idea of wearing a mask around the pool deck seemed a bit strange - but after seeing how guests have responded to wearing masks outdoors at Disney World, it doesn't seem that bad.

It really isn't that bad once you become accustomed to it.  Keeps everyone safe until the vaccine is widely populated.  

On 12/18/2020 at 6:05 AM, CruisingSince1982 said:

If they are requiring masks on our NYE cruise, 2021 into 2022, all 14 of our cabins will be cancelling.

I think that would be a wise choice for you and your travel group to make.  Time will tell what is required by then.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

It's created a whole new industry.(mask manufacturing)   I can't believe that people are paying $10+ for masks.  New fashion statement.  Pretty sad IMHO😇

We know people who have bought designer masks with their first name on them for only $12 each.

On 12/18/2020 at 2:04 PM, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

At first, I thought the idea of wearing a mask around the pool deck seemed a bit strange - but after seeing how guests have responded to wearing masks outdoors at Disney World, it doesn't seem that bad.

I'm really not trying for this look. Been to the beach all summer. I only have tan lines where tan lines should be.

masks.jpeg

Edited by Iamcruzin

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

It's created a whole new industry.(mask manufacturing)   I can't believe that people are paying $10+ for masks.  New fashion statement.  Pretty sad IMHO😇

I saw someone being interviewed on the news wearing a paper mask with the red and green Gucci stripes and logo all over it.  I know she thought she was a fashion plate but all I thought was cheap and tacky. She was also wearing it incorrectly with her nose being exposed. Totally ghetto.

• Like 1