Getting rid of bathroom smell? (urine, mold, etc)

zitsky

My question is specific to Infinity (M-class?) but could be relevant to other ships.  I note on a few cabin comments they say "bathroom smell".  I thought of bringing along lysol spray (if I can find it!!) or something like "poopourri".  I realize I may not be able to completely get rid of the smell, but maybe I can make it smell better.

Is there a drain vent that is the cause of the odor?  One comment said they opened the bathroom cabinet and noticed a musty smell.  Others noted a urine smell.

I have only been on Celebrity once about a year ago so my memory of the bathroom is a little hazy.

Report it to the stateroom attendant, if that doesn't work the chief housekeeper.  Some have reported an odor which can come from a dry trap in the floor drain.  Simply pour a few cups of water down the floor drain (not in the shower).  I do this occasionally in a shower in my house that's never used.

When we were on the Edge, we definitely had a stateroom host that had paid attention to the small details and was amazing. After he cleaned our room every day, there was a little water around this drain, which meant he took the extra step to keep the drain from smelling for his guests. Probably one of the best stateroom hosts we have ever had.

• Like 1

Sometimes you can also catch a whiff when walking through the cabin hallways. We've been on all the M-Class ships and only had the bathroom musty smell a couple of times. It seemed to happen when the ship was docked all day during turnover or when in port. We just poured some water down the floor drain (not shower drain) because it dries out causing the odor.

In my book it is a very sorry state of affairs, when passengers need to bring their own cleaning materials to get rid of nasty odors in the bathroom ( or anywhere in the cabin- for that matter) .

I never experienced any smell ( other then fellow passengers who tend to overdose on their perfume, or ähem other....) on any ship on board Milli Class ships though. I would have called in the housekeeper - if a drop of water into floor drainwould not suffice.