The Daily for Wednesday Dec 16, 2020

richwmn

Good morning, all.  I was awake at 5 this morning, and eventually got up at 6, so this is early for me!  Made it to page 1...The vaccine was administered for the first time in BC, yesterday, so hopefully, eventually it will make its way to the island.  We are at the end of the supply chain!  

Thank you, Rich and Roy, for the daily news, and everyone, for all the interesting contributions.  

PS So I didn't make it to page 1, at least I am at the top of page 2.

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 14

Good morning and thanks for the update 

Just waiting for the snow to start. Supposed to get a foot or more😱Why am I not somewhere warm ?

I love chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels. 
The drink sounds delicious.  Picking up take out Shepherds Pie for dinner at noontime before the storm starts.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists 

Stay safe and warm 

• Like 11

We have a bunch of different holiday M&Ms - does that count for chocolate covered anythings? 

Here are a couple more pictures from our December, 2015 visit to the Mounts Botanical Garden -

DSC_0662.thumb.JPG.aacac456b810824fba8466162b833cb9.JPG

DSC_0676.thumb.JPG.7f06dd3cb46152dc86fc428647e95248.JPG

DSC_0669.thumb.JPG.b4b94097c17c3c9cf4bea8496650f2e3.JPG

Edited by Overhead Fred
Formatting
  • Like 17

Good  morning  to  all. We  await  the snow  storm  here  and  hope  the power holds. Thanks  to Ger77 for  the  smashed  crispy  potato  idea. I  will  make  that  tonight  to  go  with  the  pork  loin bubbling  in the  crock  pot.

• Like 9

I missed yesterday’s conversation about masks, but wanted to show you my mask for Gala Nights.  After making and donating over 500 of them, I decided to make one just for me.  BTW, “Gaudy” is my middle name.  LOL

Smooth Sailing! 😊😊😊

Gerry

EA81A8FE-2D82-4AC6-96E4-4FDE4C84ED8E.jpeg

• Like 25

Just now, ger_77 said:

I missed yesterday’s conversation about masks, but wanted to show you my mask for Gala Nights.  After making and donating over 500 of them, I decided to make one just for me.  BTW, “Gaudy” is my middle name.  LOL

Smooth Sailing! 😊😊😊

Gerry

Love it!

Roy

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Smooth Sailing! 😊😊😊

Gerry

We are all going to look so good. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So glad I am in the rain zone and not in the snow zone!  Good luck to those getting ready to dig themselves out.

Shortly after sunrise this morning my DDIL sent me a SUNRISE photo from their condo in Clearwater Beach.  DS has been sending sunset photos but I think I will put her in charge of sunrise photos.  This one is a beauty.

enhance

Wow!  Absolutely stunning! 

• Like 5

Thanks Rich and the gang.  I'm late to the party again but was intrigued by the pineapple rice.  Last night I had smoky pulled chicken with Caribbean yellow rice with Pineapple.  That was my first time using pineapple in rice but it was WONDERFUL  so will be having it again.  I used half water and half coconut water so it was a bit sweet but perfect with the pulled chicken.

We have a Town Hall at the hospital today to discuss the allocation of vaccines for our community.  I don't expect the 975 doses to last long.  The clinic will run 16 hours a day to accommodate shift workers.  Lots of excitement to finally getting this started.

• Like 16

Good morning and thanks Rich, Roy et al!  I like pineapple fried rice with duck!   One of our local restaurants does a very good Peking duck, and that is one of the dishes and bonus it works well for take out!  

The drink sounds intriguing,  curious does that make two drinks!  I could only have a sip.  

@ger_77 I realized that gaudy must be related to Gaudi,  so much more refined for over the top. Just your artistic side👏🏻

I’m curious what the Westerdam is doing in the canal?  Thoughts?  

a few more of the locals...

D8415397-0212-463B-824E-EFA0518A348B.jpeg

D848CBD8-AFD6-4A7E-922C-B08B2C4CA5B3.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 16
  • Haha 1

Good morning all from another drizzly day in the PNW (but glad it isn't snow).  Thinking of all who are affected by the nasty cold white stuff.

You had me at chocolate too, cannot resist ANYthing chocolate. 🙂  

@Seasick SailorSophie is just adorable!  Thank you for posting the photos 🙂  

@ger_77I love that mask and would definitely wear it!

Today we're going for our weekly visit with the grandkids (although the last two weeks before Christmas we're having twice/weekly visits because of fun Christmas doings!  I'm bringing them chocolate chip cookies today.  Which I haven't made yet, so will get down to the kitchen. 🙂 

Everyone have a great day, help is coming!

• Like 13

Thanks to all for the cheer this morning!  Prayers for the care list.  Wishing that the storm won't wreck too much havoc for those expecting its' arrival!  Looks like it could snow here, but none in the forecast til tomorrow, and even then it will be light!

The picture of the drink is so pretty.  Since I can't do much dairy, will forgo it.  Anyway, I like my martinis just like James Bond (with no extra frills).  Now, as far as chocolate covered "anything", count me in!

Have a great day everyone.  I have 3 hours of Zoom calls today for Red Cross.  

• Like 13

56 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Smooth Sailing! 😊😊😊

Gerry

Ooh.  I like that!  It will go with just about anything!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Chocolate covered anything day is my kind of day.  Of course, my chocolate doesn’t have to cover anything.  😍  However, I do have homemade Christmas candy with pecans, so I will definitely celebrate today.

Good news yesterday.  All the cookies I mailed last week were delivered Sunday and Monday, plus none were broken.👏👍  I also got the last cookies delivered to our neighbors yesterday.  This year, to be safe for all of us, I delivered them when the neighbors were gone, just left them by the door.

Lenda 

• Like 12

I did not make it before noon so good afternoon all!  I am sitting here looking at a bag of chocolate covered sponge toffee that DD gave me two weeks ago and I have not opened it yet.  I guess I am testing my resistance We are having stir fry with rice for dinner, no pineapple though.  I agree with others about the drink, it is beautiful to look at.  No snow here yet but we are in weather watch.  I am not sure that DH and I want to wear a mask on a cruise ship, if those are the regulations we may just have to wait it out.  Thanks to Rich and Roy for your lists, my best to all.  Have a wonderful Wednesday.

• Like 11

I don't think I will mind wearing a mask on a ship - as long as I know it's not going to be forever!  I have no difficulty breathing through multiple layers, and I can't wear my glasses as I steam them up terribly, but I think my hearing is a little bit affected when I wear a mask - or maybe it's when the person I'm listening to is wearing a mask.  I sometimes wonder if it is actually the sound is muffled, or possibly it's because I can't see the persons lips move - maybe I'm lip-reading?

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, gigianne said:

.  I am not sure that DH and I want to wear a mask on a cruise ship, if those are the regulations we may just have to wait it out.  

I feel the same way.  I’m not keen on having a mask on for 8 hours or more on a cruise ship either.

14 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I don't think I will mind wearing a mask on a ship 

I don’t mind wearing a mask when I am shopping, etc but wearing a mask on a ship would entail a much longer time frame and not sure if we would want to do it or not.  I’m hoping that the vaccine is out and I certainly don’t mind to continue to wear one shopping to protect others.  With luck the ships will require a vaccine to board and, if that is the case there should be no need for a mask if all goes as it should.  🤞 

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, kazu said:

I feel the same way.  I’m not keen on having a mask on for 8 hours or more on a cruise ship either.

Jacqui you must spend more time out of your cabin than I do. 😄  I'm back and forth all day (unless out on a tour) so rarely out more than a couple hours at a time.

I do agree though that hopefully the vaccine will be required so masks will be unnecessary.  

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Jacqui you must spend more time out of your cabin than I do. 😄  I'm back and forth all day (unless out on a tour) so rarely out more than a couple hours at a time.

I do agree though that hopefully the vaccine will be required so masks will be unnecessary.  

LOL - I’m thinking about sea days, not Port days 😉 

• Like 5