Favorite Princess Ship?

CruzerDeb

10 hours ago, 34TigerLily said:

Caribbean Princess. We even have a favorite cabin on her - Window suite F309.

We have been in that cabin twice too!  We were on for the Panama Canal in October 2018.  I am so thankful we got to do that when we did!

On 1/13/2021 at 7:16 PM, nimiq said:

Having done the Regal and the Royal twice each how would you compare the Sky ? 

Thanks

Sea ya 

Eric

We really missed Crooners. The French bistro on the Sky was dead every night we walked by. 

Other than that, it's a beautiful ship. And having Captain Tuvo ("Captain Bye-bye") as it's master was wonderful. He is by far our favorite captain. So personable and friendly.  He photo bombed so many ship photographs... it was hilarious.

• Like 2

I keep reading that the Regal and other Royal class ships have small balconies in their mini-suites. By chance does anyone have a picture of one of the Royal class mini-suite balconies? We just booked a 21 day cruise in a club class mini-suite on the Regal and I'm trying to see how Princess can fit "2-4 chairs, table and ottoman" (from their website description) on a mini-suite balcony if they are truly that small. 

Update: I just found this picture online. Does this look about right? One note, though. This appears to be an angled balcony.

princess regal mini-suite balcony photo - Bing images

Edited by Ken the cruiser
Added picture

On 1/19/2021 at 11:23 PM, DVC Calif said:

We really missed Crooners. The French bistro on the Sky was dead every night we walked by. 

Other than that, it's a beautiful ship. And having Captain Tuvo ("Captain Bye-bye") as it's master was wonderful. He is by far our favorite captain. So personable and friendly.  He photo bombed so many ship photographs... it was hilarious.

I think its back on the new Enchanted Princess 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I keep reading that the Regal and other Royal class ships have small balconies in their mini-suites. By chance does anyone have a picture of one of the Royal class mini-suite balconies? We just booked a 21 day cruise in a club class mini-suite on the Regal and I'm trying to see how Princess can fit "2-4 chairs, table and ottoman" (from their website description) on a mini-suite balcony if they are truly that small. 

Update: I just found this picture online. Does this look about right? One note, though. This appears to be an angled balcony.

princess regal mini-suite balcony photo - Bing images

A number of videos on youtube showing the balconies for Regal and Royal mini suites. Some are the angled balconies beneath the skywalk and some are regular balconies. Here is one from Regal and is a regular mini suite on Aloha deck. The balcony is shown at approximately 6:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZdl6PTyFT4

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Thrak said:

A number of videos on youtube showing the balconies for Regal and Royal mini suites. Some are the angled balconies beneath the skywalk and some are regular balconies. Here is one from Regal and is a regular mini suite on Aloha deck. The balcony is shown at approximately 6:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZdl6PTyFT4

Thanks! Definitely will try to rebook with one of the larger angled balconies if we can as the "flat" balconies do look rather narrow, but acceptable if we can't.

Over the years I have had different favorites. I used to love the Sun and Ocean when they were new. I loved the Sapphire until they sent her away and then the Ruby was my favorite. Right now, my favorite is the Regal. I love the back Lido deck, the buffet and the Piazza. I have been on both the Regal and Royal, but I have fonder memories of the Regal. I was going to go on the Sky last year and it was cancelled, of course. I was booked on the Sky for this year and it’s been changed to the Caribbean which I‘ll be cancelling. Staff/crew make a difference. I went on two Ocean Princess cruises that were about 8 weeks apart several years ago and the difference was night and day. Some important crew members got off the ship in between. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, donaldsc said:

They sold the Pacific Princess.  IMHO, there is no other ship in the fleet worth sailing on.

DON

That’s too bad hope to see you on other lines that have smaller ships. I guess you will have to sail luxury lines only as the big 8 only have ships bigger that 60t.

sea ya 

Eric 

On 1/24/2021 at 1:02 AM, KruzPrincess said:

Staff/crew make a difference. I went on two Ocean Princess cruises that were about 8 weeks apart several years ago and the difference was night and day. Some important crew members got off the ship in between. 

You got that right!  We had a fantastic cruise on Emerald Princess - likely our favorite to date - but the last time we sailed her was our absolute worst ever cruising experience due to the crew. What a huge difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

You got that right!  We had a fantastic cruise on Emerald Princess - likely our favorite to date - but the last time we sailed her was our absolute worst ever cruising experience due to the crew. What a huge difference.

The crew / staff can absolutely make it or break it!!  

I think, more often than not, that management set the tone for staff. Good management tends to lead to happy, friendly, hard-working staff. Poor management leads to grumpy, unpleasant staff who do the bare minimum. 

Sure, some people are awesome, regardless, and some people will never be happy. When you notice a vibe amongst an entire staff or department, however, look to the management. 

The people whose face you see on the "Who's Onboard" page greatly affect the people whose faces you see in your everyday interactions.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 2:49 PM, Mud_Shark said:  We love them all.  There are minor preferences, but there are no bad cruise ships in the inventory.

Grand does not have Skywalkers like the rest in her class.  Buffet (pre-COVID) was so much better on the Royal Class ships (Regal being the second in the Royal class).  Some of the Grand and Ruby ships do not have Alfredos (Pizza and Italian - part of the free dining options).  And of course the Royal class do not have the wrap around Promenade for walking and strolling, but do have a deck 17 walking and jogging track - but it is open to the sun and much further up from the water to watch the flying fish, dolphins and whales.  That track is more for exercise than strolling.

But all are winners and we would jump to get on any one of them.

Don

I’ve sailed on Star, Golden (with Skywalkers) and Grand twice (no Skywalkers).  One of my favorites was Alfredo’s.  LOVE their pizza!  I’ll miss it when we sail on Ruby. ☹️

• Like 2

The only Princess ship that I would ever voluntarily sail on is the Pacific Princess and she is gone.  There are no other good Princess ships left.  All the rest of them are way too big.

The reason that I said "voluntarily" is that we take our grandkids to AK when they turn 10 years old w/o their parents and we do use Princess for that cruise because they deal well with AK and w kids.

DON