Cruises Restarting in Europe & Asia - interesting 🤔

I know the Heritage Expeditions cruise (on that list) that we are joining in 2 days is nearly fully booked  - thought its only 50 pax -  I don't believe they are running under any reduced capacity requirements 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, lissie said:

I know the Heritage Expeditions cruise (on that list) that we are joining in 2 days is nearly fully booked.

Have a great cruise Lissie and throughly enjoy yourself.

Think of us all at home wishing we were on a cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

The following has the ships that have restarted cruising or will shortly - of special interest I think is the occupancy levels 🙄🧐

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24135-cruise-ships-back-in-service-january-2021

The 100% is the capacity figure for the ship ( in “normal” times) not what they will be operating at for now.

3 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

The 100% is the capacity figure for the ship ( in “normal” times) not what they will be operating at for now.

With a couple of small cruise ships about to commence cruising from NZ, are any small cruise ships booked into Sydney port?

13 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

With a couple of small cruise ships about to commence cruising from NZ, are any small cruise ships booked into Sydney port?

None that I know of.......I am still unemployed. 😡

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

The following has the ships that have restarted cruising or will shortly - of special interest I think is the occupancy levels 🙄🧐

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24135-cruise-ships-back-in-service-january-2021

I find it hard to believe that all those ships will be back in service in January, 2021, visiting ports of call.  Wishful thinking whilst the virus is still spreading in Europe, UK and USA.

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Just reread the article again, with your comment in mind - and you look like you are correct 😉
so any idea the actual new sailing numbers or do you think they will all have different % occupancy?

For example -

Cruise Line: Dream Cruises
Ship: Explorer Dream
Capacity (at 100% Occupancy): 1,856 (# when full)
Built: 1999

Several of the propose cruises are restricted to one nationality as pax, e.g. New Zealanders, Singaporeans, Germans,  The Scandinavia ones with Tui, Mein Schiff are concerning, I cannot see those Scandinavian ports opening for ships, Covid is rife over there. Most of the other cruises are cruises to nowhere, no stops.

15 minutes ago, SeaDog-46 said:

Quantum otS is operating 3/4 day cruise to nowhere from Singapore.

Tickets seem to be open only to Singaporians.

She has just returned from a 4 day cruise up Malacca Strait & back.

Yes, that seems to be the norm at the moment. Masks all round and no self serve buffets, not nice. Plenty of Tiger beer, Hainan Chicken and Singapore Noodles on board though.

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks.  I was thinking of word of mouth.  Guess there aren't many staff to provide word of mouth!

No..nothing official or “ unofficial” I think everybody is in the same “ boat” with no real indication as to when the ships may return. I know it will take at least six or eight weeks to get a ship here once restrictions are lifted but with circumstances changing so often nothing is certain.

3 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Just reread the article again, with your comment in mind - and you look like you are correct 😉
so any idea the actual new sailing numbers or do you think they will all have different % occupancy?

For example -

Cruise Line: Dream Cruises
Ship: Explorer Dream
Capacity (at 100% Occupancy): 1,856 (# when full)
Built: 1999

Once again, no real idea on numbers but I guess every ship/ cruise line will have different requirements and rules.

6 hours ago, sewgood said:

Have a great cruise Lissie and throughly enjoy yourself.

Think of us all at home wishing we were on a cruise.

I'm freaking out - have every legal drug for sea sickness packed!  Think we have a bigger bag than we took on Cunard because of tramping boots and wet weather gear and poles! I torn between being sick on the boat and not being able to keep up on land because  I feel so unfit! 

I'm sure it will be fine! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I know Coral Expeditions is sailing in Oz - but I think they are further north than Sydney? 

10 minutes ago, lissie said:

I know Coral Expeditions is sailing in Oz - but I think they are further north than Sydney? 

I think they are doing some cruises around Tasmania during summer then move further north, Cairns and Broome/Darwin, in winter.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

57 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think they are doing some cruises around Tasmania during summer then move further north, Cairns and Broome/Darwin, in winter.

This is part of an article in today's Cruise Weekly.  Nothing for Brisbane, Sydney or Melb though.

CORAL Expeditions has announced new voyages for this month, including the Great Australian Bight and the Houtman Abrolhos. The cruise line’s flagship Coral Adventurer will return to operations from Cairns later this Jan after a 10-month hiatus, having recently completed an eight-voyage season alongside Coral Discoverer on the Great Barrier Reef (CW 28 Oct).

The new series of expeditions will involve several coastlines previously unvisited by Coral, focusing on pristine nature, rugged landscapes and rarely explored corners of South Australia, the Great Australian
Bight, and the coral reefs and islands of Queensland & Western Australia.

The new expedition series includes a 10-night Wild Islands & Walks of South Australia
voyage roundtrip from Adelaide, a 12-night Outer Reefs & Cays of the Coral Sea voyage from Cairns
to Brisbane, a 12-night Abrolhos Islands & the Coral Coast voyage from Fremantle to Broome, and a 13-night Across the Great Australian Bight voyage from Adelaide to Fremantle.

Staterooms start from $6,390 per person, twin share, and journeys are all-inclusive.
Cruises are limited to Australians and guest numbers will be capped at under 100.

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes they are cruising around Tassie now until March, 2021.  

The 12 night Abrolhos Islands and the Coral Coast voyage from Fremantle to Broome really appeals to me next March, 2021.  But would the WA border be open?  

It may be open and closed again twice more before then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

It may be open and closed again twice more before then.

Thanks for the laugh, which is the only way to handle the disruption the virus is causing to our lives.  

Would like to be more like my daughters who just emailed me to say they may be able to stay another fortnight in NSW, because the numbers are low.  

Like you, I don't want to book anything outside my State. 

40 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks for the laugh, which is the only way to handle the disruption the virus is causing to our lives.  

Would like to be more like my daughters who just emailed me to say they may be able to stay another fortnight in NSW, because the numbers are low.  

Like you, I don't want to book anything outside my State. 

the difference being my state (territory) is not very big at all, at least I can sleep in my own bed each night.