Over 55 discount

4 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Hmmm. My current cruise booking that was Lift & Shifted until next year was originally booked on Jewel out of Galveston. When we booked it (a year ago) there was a Police, Firefighter, EMT discount that we qualified for ($209) and we also got our balcony discount. Did we get lucky? Maybe our TA had us booked in a group?

You aren’t in a group as you will not see firefighter discounts in a group.

while you will see the discount appear as the full amount you need to at the time of booking compare the price without any discounts to the price with the discounts. 

because Royal takes the discounts off first and then applies the 60% off you only get a portion of your discount and not the full amount. 

9 hours ago, Hogbay said:

No only direct there is no credit in it for a TA to take it over 

Thanks for the info.

48 minutes ago, molly361 said:

There's a website that I can't name where you can search for cruises with  senior and/or military rates

There is one that I use that also does the interline rate along with law enforcement and EMTs. This might be the same website you are talking about. There have been a few times where RC had an interline rate while the website didn’t and vise versa. There has also been a time or two where the discount was different from the others.

7 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Most discounts are not piggybacked, so therefore, if you say get a Diamond discount, you won't get a 55 discount also and so on

Not true at all.  We have a BOGO60, balcony discount, senior discount and 2021 Kicker discount on our May sailing.

1 hour ago, Giantfan13 said:

We used to get military discounts all the time, from several different cruise lines. Now we get a hearty '
Thank you for your  service' and maybe a piece of cake if they do something to honor veterans.

Cheers

Len

Yes.  A few months ago the military discounts were everywhere and they were very sizable.  They have since disappeared.

I maybe fooling myself, but the newest cruise searches on Royal seems to work if you mark all your qualifying boxes.  In the past, it always worked best to run a search with various combinations of boxes checked. ( Or I should say it didn't provide the best price when you checked all your boxes)

Booked last week for Odyssey in October and we got £180 senior discount ,  originally  we were quoted with crown and anchor  discount which was £101 and not combinable with the senior discount so I asked them to remove it and took the senior discount instead plus we received $175 on board credit. 

On 1/7/2021 at 8:03 PM, Giantfan13 said:

We used to get military discounts all the time, from several different cruise lines. Now we get a hearty '
Thank you for your  service' and maybe a piece of cake if they do something to honor veterans.

Cheers

Len

I have also noticed that there aren't many good military rates.